Emmy Rossum (February 2010 - October 2013) - Page 37 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-01-2012
fashion elite

Emmy Rossum also attended W Magazine’s Annual Golden Globes Party on Friday evening.

The petite actress chose a nude Georges Hokeika Spring 2012 Couture dress, which she paired with ruby pumps.

For such a simple dress, the beauty lies within the couture details. A shirred skirt, unique knot-like bodice detail and stunning boat-neck ruching keep this look from becoming too boring.

Emmy chose to wear her hair back in a tight up-do, similar to the look seen on the runway, which allowed the details of the dress to stand out even more.

Chopard diamond cluster earrings and a patterned clutch finish the look.

redcarpet-fashionawards.com

19-01-2012
V.I.P.

^I love that whole look. The dress is flirty but elegant, ballerina bun looks graceful and the shoes give the whole thing an nice pop of color.

Here are some photo shoot pictures from emmy rossum info

From a 2012 shoot with Derek Wood for Zooey magazine

From a 2009 shoot with Mitchell Nguyen McCormack for 2 magazine

And another Shameless promo shot

Last edited by lostgirl; 19-01-2012 at 12:05 AM.

19-01-2012
V.I.P.

Awww, she looks adorable at that GG party!

20-01-2012
V.I.P.

Emmy Rossum ~ Nicole Miller dinner event / Beverly Hills, January 18

celebutopia

24-01-2012
fashion elite

LAX Jan 24

zimbio.

25-01-2012
front row

The more I look at that Golden Globes dress, the more I fall helplessly in love with it.

25-01-2012
tfs star

I really like her LAX outfit. I'm a sucker for cozy looking sweaters.

25-01-2012
V.I.P.

Emmy Rossum Leaves Fox Studios in NYC (starfeine.com)

25-01-2012
V.I.P.

Out and about in NYC (zimbio)

Emmy visits "Live With Kelly" (zimbio)

25-01-2012
V.I.P.

Emmy Rossum Smiles as She Leaves "Today" (zimbio)

25-01-2012
V.I.P.

Looking good! Can't wait to see what she wears to all of her appearances.

26-01-2012
V.I.P.

Here's Emmy on "Live With Kelly". She and Kristin Chenoweth give Kelly a singing lesson

26-01-2012
tfs star

^ ok, thanks for posting. a master in singing at the opera? Honestly I miss Regis cause this 'new' woman (don't know her name, sorry) really never shuts up and that annoying little girls voice is insane! Was it a joke about a master at the opera, I can't believe she has hehe.

And that story about her making $10 a night and a horse making $750, I've heard it so many times now in her interviews, almost exactly the same. I don't like it to be honest, and about her teacher who picked her out to send her to the MET. Seriously Emmy try to find another way to make it still interesting to listen to. I know it's the way it happened but come on...

Sorry about the negativity but I would love to see a more 'new' interview of her instead of repeating the same over and over again.

26-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twnv View Post
^ ok, thanks for posting. a master in singing at the opera? Honestly I miss Regis cause this 'new' woman (don't know her name, sorry) really never shuts up and that annoying little girls voice is insane! Was it a joke about a master at the opera, I can't believe she has hehe.

And that story about her making $10 a night and a horse making $750, I've heard it so many times now in her interviews, almost exactly the same. I don't like it to be honest, and about her teacher who picked her out to send her to the MET. Seriously Emmy try to find another way to make it still interesting to listen to. I know it's the way it happened but come on...

Sorry about the negativity but I would love to see a more 'new' interview of her instead of repeating the same over and over again.
No it wasn't a joke about a Masters degree in opera. Most opera singers do have Masters and even doctoral degrees in Opera or Vocal Performance. Opera is a discipline that requires years of training and study. Singers need a working knowledge of several languages including English, French, German, Italian and Russian (languages that most operas are written and preformed in), must be familiar with music theory, history, sight singing etc, must be able to interpret a musical text, know the basics of stagecraft and acting, etc... It's not something that can be undertaken lightly by any means. On top of all that Opera singers need tremendous physical stamina to rival most athletes.

Kristin Chenoweth (the one with the little girl's voice) actually does have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theater and a Masters in Opera Performance from Oklahoma City University. She was named "Most Promising Up and Coming Singer" by the Metropolitan Opera National Council auditions and was about to begin a post graduate fellowship at the Philadelphia Academy of Vocal Arts when she decided to pursue musical theater rather than opera. She later becomes one of Broadway's top leading ladies, originating the role of Glinda in Wicked, winning a Tony for You're A Good Man Charlie Brown, and starring in other Broadway shows including The Apple Tree and Promises, Promises. She occasionally still does something operatic though (see here, and here)

Regarding Emmy telling that story before, I think that if you're a fan of Emmy's and watch/seek out multiple interviews, yes you've heard if several times. If you don't know who she is, or know who she is but don't watch all her interviews, but happened to tune into the show, then it's new to you.

Here's Emmy on CBS This Morning yesterday

Last edited by lostgirl; 26-01-2012 at 08:00 PM.

27-01-2012
V.I.P.

Actress Emmy Rossum attends Jason Wu For Target Private Launch Event at Skylight SOHO on January 26, 2012 in New York City. (getty)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, emmy, february, october, rossum