How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

considering the very serious and political nature of this film...i'm pleased to see that everyone who attended took the event seriously and did not turn it into a hollywood spectacle...every one of these people is a thoughtful and politically active individual with their priorities in the right place...

look at that damn poster...nice styling... ...you can't see a thing...
i knew that was going to happen...

haha...i'm just glad the film will be distributed...

yay michael moore!!!.............

16-06-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:30 am
considering the very serious and political nature of this film...i'm pleased to see that everyone who attended took the event seriously and did not turn it into a hollywood spectacle...every one of these people is a thoughtful and politically active individual with their priorities in the right place...

I LOVE the poster Softie!!! You did a fab job. As soon as I saw it I was like yes, she really did do a great job. I think it's totally fitting of the films nature Congrats

16-06-2004
etre soi-meme

i like the way they are dressed, normal and relaxed,
can't see anything wrong with that.. really

why should people be playing up dress-up in this kind of events?

ps. real glad the film -finally- got distribution, a must see -for me.

16-06-2004
chaos reigns

I like Linda, Gretchen and GLENN!!! OMG!
To me it's inspiring that she proves that just because a woman has certain age, it doesn't mean you have to dress like a matron (sp?).
Way to go, G!

Quote:
Originally posted by mehg+Jun 16th, 2004 - 1:21 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mehg @ Jun 16th, 2004 - 1:21 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:30 am

I LOVE the poster Softie!!! You did a fab job. As soon as I saw it I was like yes, she really did do a great job. I think it's totally fitting of the films nature Congrats [/b][/quote]
aww you're sweet...but i didn't design it...the art director from miramax did the design...with michael moore's approval...i just worked on the shoot itself...pulling together all the props and wardrobe...all of which apparently got cut...that's the way it goes sometimes...advertising is not like editorial...the art director comes up with the ideas in advertising...that's why you get more $$$...

wink*

16-06-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by blumarine@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:15 am
I like Linda, Gretchen and GLENN!!! OMG!
To me it's inspiring that she proves that just because a woman has certain age, it doesn't mean you have to dress like a matron (sp?).
Way to go, G!
glenn close is amazing...a real lady...she made a strong impression on me...ran into her around x-mas time shopping at paul smith...she's always so pleasant...i really admire her...

16-06-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 16th, 2004 - 7:47 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 16th, 2004 - 7:47 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by mehg@Jun 16th, 2004 - 1:21 am
<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
Quote:
@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:30 am

I LOVE the poster Softie!!! You did a fab job. As soon as I saw it I was like yes, she really did do a great job. I think it's totally fitting of the films nature Congrats
aww you're sweet...but i didn't design it...the art director from miramax did the design...with michael moore's approval...i just worked on the shoot itself...pulling together all the props and wardrobe...all of which apparently got cut...that's the way it goes sometimes...advertising is not like editorial...the art director comes up with the ideas in advertising...that's why you get more $$$...

wink* [/b][/quote]
oh well I'm sure what you did would have looked just as great as you have impeccable styling my friend

I agree Glenn looks FAB. I just want to eat her up but she looks too fabulous to do so. I totally agree with whoever said that just because your older doesn't mean you have to look matronly

16-06-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by seleria73@Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:15 pm
LAURENCE FISHBURNE, LAUREN HUTTON
have we ever done lauren hutton as a style icon...she looks great!...

16-06-2004
fashion insider

Moby ... I didnt know he looks that

tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 16th, 2004 - 10:50 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 16th, 2004 - 10:50 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-seleria73@Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:15 pm
LAURENCE FISHBURNE, LAUREN HUTTON
have we ever done lauren hutton as a style icon...she looks great!...[/b][/quote]
She looks fabulous!

Don't know if we've ever had a topic on her, but I remember Lena posting some pics of her after meeting her in Greece last year

On another note, I can't wait to see this film!

16-06-2004
etre soi-meme

Miss Hutton looks always great, i remember her fondly

i think she deserves a fashion icon topic

16-06-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:52 am
Miss Hutton looks always great, i remember her fondly

i think she deserves a fashion icon topic
cool lena...i've met her too...i styled her for an italian magazine...
the shoot was quite a laugh...stella and lola schnabel (julian schnabel's kids) came along with her...she is godmother to one of them...she is quite a character and let's just say it was a memorable shoot!....hahaha...

quite the individual...she never stopped talking!!!...she's so passionate about what she believes in...the first thing she did when she arrived was dump the contents of a duffle back onto the floor...sit down next to it (on the floor)...and select a cd to listen to...and she kept a mirror behind the photographer so she could always see how she looked in the shot...(she said it as a trick she learned from meisel)...oh it was quite a day...she completely took over...it was quite clear who was in charge...and we happily went along for the ride...

so many things happened that day...and after the shoot i had to go to her apartment to pick something up...turns out she lives around the corner from me...her apt has all these wonderful african arifacts and incredible artwork on the walls...it's really how i would have imagined it to be...

she's super cool and just slightly kooky...

16-06-2004
etre soi-meme

and so hooked on Africa right? did she spoke about her vision of women saving the world?
she still carries this duffel bag around.. did she used her own make up line for the shooting?

she's a darling and such a dreamer

16-06-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 16th, 2004 - 11:56 am
and so hooked on Africa right? did she spoke about her vision of women saving the world?
she still carries this duffel bag around.. did she used her own make up line for the shooting?

she's a darling and such a dreamer
hahaha...she spoke about a LOT of things... ...and definitely africa...she insisted on wearing a beaded bracelet that looks like a watch that she got there...she's a real adventurer...she talked a lot about scuba diving and human rights...

ps...it was before she had her cosmetics line...

16-06-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by seleria73@Jun 16th, 2004 - 1:05 am
Carson Daly
Is he wearing make up??

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
9 or 11, fahrenheit, screening, special