How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

love her coat, love it!

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbustelo View Post
Gwyneth Paltrow’s Indian dress code

The India-based distributors of the film are having a screening closer to release of the superhero film. They have decided to invite lead actor Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow for the red carpet which is to be held on April 24.
OMG I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS. I was so disappointed when all the Iron Man 2 promo got cancelled (stupid Volcano). I need lots and lots of outfits

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

dailymail.co.uk

01-03-2013
V.I.P.

Interesting Q&A from GOOP.

Quote:
Q:What are your favorite fashion moments?

A:I have to say that since I started working with stylist Elizabeth Saltzman and have put my red carpet looks in her hands, I think they are all pretty maje. I can say this because I have just about nothing to do with it. Standouts for me are the pink Prada dress at the 2011 Venice Film Festival, and of course the white Tom Ford from the Oscars last year.

Quote:
Q:Any fashion faux pas?

A:Well, I started being photographed in the 90's so of course there are a few glaring ones. Two that come to mind are looks I wore to the Oscars in 2000 and 2002. The first is the Calvin Klein. It's an okay dress but not Oscars material. I chose it because I wanted to disappear that year. Also, the goth Alexander McQueen I wore a few years later. There were a few issues; I still love the dress itself but I should have worn a bra and I should have just had simple beachy hair and less makeup. Then, it would have worked as I wanted it to - a little bit of punk at the Oscars.

goop

I agree with the Calvin Klein. Meh. I thought the McQueen would've been something that she would've completely regretted, but it's just the makeup and the bra for her. I'm glad she still loves the dress, though! I used to hate that look, but it's pretty awesome to me now. I also loved that she wore it when many people didn't wear McQueen, now all people seem to do is wear McQueen (or Sarah Burton's mostly blah clothes for the brand). It's also interesting that she admits that she just lets her stylist do it all!

V.I.P.

till this day, that goth Valentino look is one of my favorites on her ever.

tfs star

I've always loved that Zac Posen dress she wore to the Oscars.

02-03-2013
trendsetter

It always disappoints me when so many stars admit their looks are because of stylists. I thought Gwyneth was one of the few who didn't have one. That said, I think she was very gracious in the interview in regards to having one, and properly crediting her.

I do like that she owns up to her fashion faux pas, although she really hasn't had that many!

03-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ Gwyneth has used a stylist since 2008 but everything beforehand was her own. I'm not sure if someone helped her with the orange Zac Posen in 2007.

I love talking about the McQueen.

Plum Sykes has owned up to be the one who suggested it and said something like people weren't ready for something like that at the Oscars. Do I wish she had worn a bra hell yes but I've never hated this gown.

At the time my BFF (who was not a G fan) hated the McQueen because of the no bra but she LOVED the hair and makeup. She works in the industry and remember the dark eyes and braids were all over the following runway collections later in the year.

Imagine if she had worn the runway top -

style.com

I also love that she had these boots on underneath

gettys

I like the Calvin. It's nice but more suitable for a premiere not the Oscars. I love her little bag -

gettys

04-03-2013
trendsetter

Thanks Label Basher!

I suppose since she has kids now and family takes priority, having a stylist makes it easier for her to sort out her fashion for press tours. I suppose too that Gwyneth knows what works for her--and has made that clear to her stylist--and it's a way for her experiment/wear new designers. Still, Audrey never used a stylist and always looked fine.

I've gone back and forth about that McQueen over the years. I never thought it was the fashion disaster the media made it out to be, but certain elements were off.

Ooh, I love that pic of her hugging Cate (and that still remains one of my fave Cate Oscar looks as well).

04-03-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post

Ooh, I love that pic of her hugging Cate (and that still remains one of my fave Cate Oscar looks as well).
same here! i loved cate's dress that year. i remember i was obsessed with that gaultier dress forever! still am

06-03-2013
backstage pass

in London for Boss Nuit Pour Femme - March 6, 2013

via marieclaire.co.uk

full link to article

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

those shoes are crazy. i love them. can't wait for IM3 tour to begin!

V.I.P.

Those shoes, I'm in lust.

V.I.P.

I like her top.

I can't stop watching the latest Iron Man trailer. I'm so excited to the movie and all the outfits she will wear.

07-03-2013
front row

I'm so in love her shoes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gwyneth, paltrow