How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-04-2009
front row

Who makes her black bag in the recent photos? Help if anyone knows!

16-04-2009
V.I.P.

I think the obvious answer would be Winona, but I'd hate to think she was horrible to Gwynnie!

16-04-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
I think the obvious answer would be Winona, but I'd hate to think she was horrible to Gwynnie!
Perhaps the pretentious/prim and proper thing didnt go too far with Winona. I can see how the things Gwyneth says/does can rub people the wrong way.

16-04-2009
backstage pass

My first guess was Winona Ryder too. Perhaps she was talking about her Saks Fifth Avenue incident.

16-04-2009
front row

Yes, and there was a rumour that Winona Ryder was out to try to get GP's Shakespeare in Love part. It was around then that they very suddenly stopped being friends.

16-04-2009
V.I.P.

I don't think she's talking about Winona at all.

The rumours have always been that Gwyneth stole the SIL script off Winona's coffee table (you can't forget to mention the coffee table).

Truth is that Julia Roberts was attached for a few years with Daniel Day Lewis but when he dropped out so did she. John Madden the director chose Gwyneth so that's that.

So how could Winona be the bad guy when she is the "victim" in the well lets face it it's now a Hollywood "urban legends". It's like one of the top 5 reasons people hate Gwyneth.

There is a post about this on ONTD and some members are saying that Winona isn't as cool and awesome (shoplifting aside) as they says she is.

16-04-2009
V.I.P.

AND

lets also remember that when Gwyneth started dating Ben she was the one who introduced Winona to Matt Damon (they lasted longer than Gwyn & Ben BTW). Matt and Ben won the Oscars in March 1998. Gwyneth was filming SIL then and didn't attend the show.

So if Winona "felt betrayed" by Gwyneth for stealing her role then why did they still hang out after she had finished filming SIL (and then while Gwyn and Matt filmed TTMR). Their friendship "ended" in like 2000 when Gwyn went off to London and became super bff's with Madonna and Stella.

So this is why I don't think it's Winona.

The MTV celebrity smackdown fight between the two was funny though.

16-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
AND

lets also remember that when Gwyneth started dating Ben she was the one who introduced Winona to Matt Damon (they lasted longer than Gwyn & Ben BTW). Matt and Ben won the Oscars in March 1998. Gwyneth was filming SIL then and didn't attend the show.

So if Winona "felt betrayed" by Gwyneth for stealing her role then why did they still hang out after she had finished filming SIL (and then while Gwyn and Matt filmed TTMR). Their friendship "ended" in like 2000 when Gwyn went off to London and became super bff's with Madonna and Stella.

So this is why I don't think it's Winona.

The MTV celebrity smackdown fight between the two was funny though.
gwyneth's riddle implies that a fenemy continued to sabotage her behind her back while they were friends, so it might be she found out later...dunno.
i've never heard about this whole argument between them till today.

16-04-2009
V.I.P.

I don't believe the whole Shakespeare in Love rumour. They ended their friendship way after that.

16-04-2009
rising star

the story about shakespeare in love isn't true, but that doesn't mean the newsletter isn't referring to winona ryder bc we do know they are no longer friends. maybe this is gp's way of clearing those stupid rumors. it's kind of strange of her to air her dirty laundry like this.

16-04-2009
rising star

Allegedly Winona leaked the coffee table story to the press..

16-04-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Who do think the frenemy was? My bet is Winona Ryder.
No doubt.

Back in the day, I had a “frenemy” who, as it turned out, was pretty hell-bent on taking me down. This person really did what they could to hurt me. I was deeply upset, I was angry, I was all of those things you feel when you find out that someone you thought you liked was venomous and dangerous. I restrained myself from fighting back. I tried to take the high road. But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and…happiness. There went the high road. So, why does it feel so good to hear something bad about someone you don’t like? Or someone you DO like? Or someone you don’t KNOW? I once asked the editor of a tabloid newspaper why all of the stories about a famous British couple had a negative bent. He said that when the headline was positive, the paper didn’t sell. Why is that? What’s wrong with us? I asked the sages to shed a little light.
Here’s to washing our mouths out with soap...
Love,
Love her candid way in this issue of GOOP.

The British couple HAS the be the Beckhams, no doubt.

16-04-2009
V.I.P.

I heard Gwyneth had a hard time at her shcool Spence, do you think she could be talking about a frenemy from school?

16-04-2009
front row

I agree that the Frenemy is Winona Ryder. Especially using the word "humiliating" which could be referencing Winona's shoplifting fiasco.

Last edited by JackieO; 16-04-2009 at 08:34 PM.

16-04-2009
V.I.P.

Well I dont know who our dear Gwyn's talking about, but I also like the candidness for once in this GOOP. I for some reason have saved every one from the beginning till now in my email, havent deleted any of them. I want to do the detox.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, august, gwyneth, june, paltrow