How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-08-2011
backstage pass

In another September 2011 magazine issue - GLEE'S Lea Michele praises Gwyneth:

Quote:
Now she admires the popular girls in Hollywood: Penélope Cruz (who Lea thought wouldn’t recognize her but who countered, “Do you think I don’t have a TV?”), Blake Lively, Jennifer Aniston (especially for posing as Streisand in Bazaar: “It was awesome; I really wanted to do that”), and her sometime costar Gwyneth Paltrow, who “never gets it wrong.”

“I am obsessed with Gwyneth Paltrow,” Lea says. The day they met, they were rehearsing a Chicago routine for Glee. “I was nervous and said, ‘I don’t think I can do that dance move.’ She said, ‘You can do it.’ She wasn’t afraid of anything. I love talking with Gwyneth. She just gives good advice. She said, ‘Don’t ever read anything about you.’”

source: harpersbazaar.com

Last edited by monix; 03-08-2011 at 12:47 PM.

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

Not a US Elle fan but I am so getting this issue. She looks stunning in her ed.
Thankfully the rest of the contents looks promising.

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

oh i'm lovin' the Elle spread. she looks gorgeous.

04-08-2011
backstage pass

Gwyneth & Beyonce really do love each other - here's an excerpt from Beyonce's Harpers Bazaar UK September feature

On Gwyneth Paltrow: “She pushes her boundaries all the time. You go to her house and she makes you feel like you never want to go home. She is what I strive to be one day."

Gwyneth on Beyoncé: “She is what it means to be a superstar. No one else can sing and dance like that, while having humour and genuine bursting sweetness. She has her own recipe for it . . . I wanted my own character (Gwyneth has a musical role in Country Strong), to have some of that mega-wattage. So I studied B. She was my homework."

Gwyneth on her and Chris Martin’s friendship with Beyoncé & Jay-Z: “We have very similar values. We have also been able to become each other’s support systems over the years, as none of us needs anything from the other.”

source: popsugar.com

04-08-2011
backstage pass

Featured in the September issue of Elle Decor: Gwyneth Paltrow's Favorite Things

Quote:
Act, cook, write, sing: Gwyneth Paltrow famously loves to do it all. So it comes as no surprise to hear that she is also a serious design buff. Last year, she and her husband, rocker Chris Martin of the band Coldplay, combined two London townhouses with the help of his architect brother, Al Martin. They restored the period details and added such funky touches as a rumpus room for the couple’s two children and a skull-and-crossbones motif on the library’s mantel. Paltrow—whose lifestyle website GOOP will release iPad and iPhone apps this fall—may one day design her own furniture and tabletop collections. “That’s kind of the dream,” she says. “Maybe when the kids are older.” See some of Gwyneth’s favorites here and check out the September issue of ELLE DECOR, on newsstands August 16, for the rest.
http://www.elledecor.com/celebrity-h...wyneth-paltrow

04-08-2011
backstage pass

Gwyneth After Dark

Quote:
She walks into a room and there’s this ray of light, this energy,” says actor Matthew Morrison of his sometime Glee costar Gwyneth Paltrow. “She brings sunshine everywhere she goes.” This month, that inimitable radiance offered a perfect counterpoint to the season’s most dramatic pieces during our shoot at London’s Big Sky Studios. Paltrow arrived on set on a Monday morning in June dressed in her typically flawless, classic-with-a-twist style: green army jacket, flannel button-down, skinny Rag & Bone blue jeans, black perforated Chanel booties, and a gray-and-blue Alexander Wang “Emile” bag. After a breakfast of poached eggs and fresh veggie juice, photographer Carter Smith captured her among nicked and bruised vintage furniture, wearing a draped Isabel Marant dress, followed by a comfy Julien Macdonald oversize sweater and tap shorts. Adding to the shoot’s organic, behind-the-scenes feel, Smith shot a series of Polaroids of Paltrow leafing through magazines in a black-and-gray Christopher Kane crochet sweater. Over a lunchtime feast provided by caterer Melrose & Morgan—chicken, fish cakes, rice, beans, guacamole, and salsa—the mum to Apple, seven, and Moses, five, confessed that we haven’t seen the last of William McKinley High’s favorite substitute teacher, Holly Holiday (sorry, Gleeks—she kept the details under wraps). She and fellow foodie Smith bonded over recipe ideas, with Paltrow dispensing an enviable kitchen secret: Turns out, she doesn’t measure her ingredients; she prefers whipping up her concoctions with a pinch of this and a little of that, all by instinct. Going with her gut—as the singing, acting, and cooking sensation has been doing of late—seems to be Paltrow’s most compelling strategy yet.
for more: http://www.elle.com/Pop-Culture/Cove...-2011-ELLE.com

source: elle.com

Last edited by monix; 04-08-2011 at 01:04 PM.

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

^ I wish they would take pics of what the stars arrive in. It usually always sounds interesting.

Boo all those links for the Elle article are dead. I want to make avys.

04-08-2011
backstage pass

I know - I wanna see those perforated Chanel booties too

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

Gorgeous on the cover of US Elle... cannot wait to receive my copy...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

05-08-2011
fashion elite

Not sure if these were ever posted. May 25, 2011

SplashNews

05-08-2011
V.I.P.

Love her coat! Thanks for posting lizzy!
Posted via Mobile Device

05-08-2011
V.I.P.

Is it like a coat cardy. Not really liking a neckline.

05-08-2011
scenester

Love the Elle spread. She looks gorgeous! (as always)

06-08-2011
V.I.P.

never seen those candids before, but i surely love her coat, very classic Gwyneth

07-08-2011
fashion elite

Eh, say what you will about Gwyneth, but not many celebrities her age can pull of the 'barely there' make-up look and still look good.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, gwyneth, june, november, paltrow