How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-10-2011
front row

could somebody id the jeans she's wearing with the celine sweater? I love the wash and the skinny cut

18-10-2011
tfs star

I looooove candids but pics number 2 and 3 in #896 make me feel bad for Apple, she“s clearly pissed to be photographed...

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

Clothing IDs -

Mih Jeans Distressed Leather Biker Jacket & Alternative Apparel Slouchy Pullover in Eco Black

coolspotters, justjared

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks for all the id's!
Posted via Mobile Device

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

^ditto. Thanks everybody!

19-10-2011
backstage pass

Gwyneth with Ellsworth Kelly:

Also:

Quote:
Interview magazine has been known to arrange some funky pairings for its feature interviews. (“Easy Rider” star Dennis Hopper interviewing “Twilight” actress Kristen Stewart and Jimmy Fallon interviewing Tommy Hilfiger are two that immediately come to mind.) But the glossy’s recent piece on Ellsworth Kelly may be its most incongruous coupling yet. We’re aware we may be a little late with this one, but in case you missed it, it bears noting: the 88-year-old minimalist painter is interviewed by none other than “collector and admirer” Gwyneth Paltrow.

The pair discuss everything from Kelly’s time in the army (he was in charge of creating rubber dummy tanks to trick the Germans), his friendship with Agnes Martin (they shared a studio building in the 1950s), and, of course, God (Kelly says he’s an atheist, though Paltrow insists he’s really more of a “pantheist” since he likes nature so much). The Academy Award winner, who owns several of Kelly’s plant drawings and also collects Darren Almond’s photography, even manages to snag the coveted first look at Kelly’s design for the facade of gallerist Matthew Marks‘ forthcoming L.A. outpost. Below, a selection of choice quotes from the interview.

On Kelly’s curves
Paltrow: I find your work very sexy.

On proper interview attire
Kelly: Today before you arrived I thought, “What is she going to dress like? How do I see her?” I always foresee people. And I’m glad you wore gray. I was thinking, Oh, she won’t want to wear color.
Paltrow: I didn’t want to compete with your work.

On Glee
Kelly: I don’t watch very much television, but Jack [Shear, Kelly's partner] and I saw you on Glee. You were so good in that. You really looked like a teacher to those kids. You sang and danced like crazy, and you looked like you were having a lot of fun.

On narcissism in art
Paltrow: I find your art the least kind of narcissistic because you’re presenting something that a person is able to feel. I get why Andy Warhol was a genius, but for me, it’s a bit too self-aware. It’s too all about him.

On politics in network news
Kelly: I’m so interested now in what is going on with the Republicans. And I watch Rachel Maddow, who is really young and tough. She gets you worked up by telling you things that you didn’t know about, and then says, “I’ll be back in one minute.”
source: blogs.artinfo.com

20-10-2011
tfs star

She looks so happy with Kelly. Nice Pic.

20-10-2011
windowshopping

I love Gwyneth's whole outfit from the Celine sweater down to the ballet flats. Would love to know who the jeans and flats are by. thanks!

20-10-2011
backstage pass

By the way - for anyone experienced in Social Media or is a Graphic Web Designer AND lives in London.... GOOP is hiring

21-10-2011
V.I.P.

^ You're kidding me lol. Hopefully hiring more people won't make it turn out like Olivia Palermo's blog

21-10-2011
V.I.P.

seems she's turning this into a firm, latest GOOP also had a sponsor for the first time, now she's looking for people meaning she's spreading her biz. interesting turn, not surprising, but still interesting.

21-10-2011
V.I.P.

HQ update - tlfan.to

Gwyneth Paltrow arrives to the set of ''Thanks For Sharing'' in NYC October 13, 2011

and then leaving

21-10-2011
V.I.P.

Gwyneth Paltrow, Apple, and Moses shop for Halloween costumes after a day on the set of "Thanks for Sharing" 15/10/11 - tlfan.to

21-10-2011
V.I.P.

^ still craving that sweater.
We need new candy (read as in candids )

22-10-2011
V.I.P.

Marie Claire Espana Septiembre 2011 ebook30

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, gwyneth, june, november, paltrow