How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-10-2011
backstage pass

yup from Stella McCartney's Spring 2010 show in Paris

also found this:

Bruce and Gwyneth taken at NY's Quilted Giraffe

Photo by Barry White/Town & Country

source: newyork.grubstreet.com

26-10-2011
V.I.P.

^what an oldie! I like her all smiley and happy!

26-10-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by monix View Post
yup from Stella McCartney's Spring 2010 show in Paris

also found this:

Bruce and Gwyneth taken at NY's Quilted Giraffe

Photo by Barry White/Town & Country

source: newyork.grubstreet.com
I knew she wasn't a natural blonde, but her hair was pretty dark. Are her eyes really blue or is it contacts?

Last edited by Belowen; 27-10-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines | quoting images

26-10-2011
backstage pass

her hair was blonde when she was a kid - and yes her eyes are blue.

27-10-2011
V.I.P.

love the oldie!

27-10-2011
V.I.P.

Her hair is blonde if you go by hairdressing colour charts.

28-10-2011
V.I.P.

this wasn't posted; going to gym in NY 2 days ago (i want and need this jacket, any IDs?)

laineygossip.com

28-10-2011
fashion icon

^my guess is Stella McCartney for Adidas..

My blog:
http://mllekarensofie.wordpress.com/

28-10-2011
V.I.P.

Thank you!

28-10-2011
fashion icon

^no problem. It might be from a previous collection though..but best of luck on finding a matching one!

My blog:
http://mllekarensofie.wordpress.com/

28-10-2011
V.I.P.

Very incognito going to yoga :p

28-10-2011
V.I.P.

I want her purple sneakers too.

28-10-2011
V.I.P.

Yep, those trainers are totally cute!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

01-11-2011
backstage pass

Guess who went back to Spence last week?

Spence Alumna Gwyneth Paltrow Returns in Surprise Visit
Posted 10.24.2011

When Academy Award winning actress and Spence alumna Gwyneth Paltrow ’90 paid a surprise visit to Spence, Middle and Upper School students thrilled at the chance to hear all about the actress’ favorite School memories, lessons she has taken through life and advice for aspiring actresses. Paltrow, in town to work on her latest project, generously spent the morning speaking to Spence students in two assemblies and a drama class, fielding their many questions.

“I honestly credit this school with a huge part of my success,” Paltrow said, addressing Middle School students. “I’m very fortunate to have had an education like this. If when I leave you take one thing away from today, it would be just to have gratitude for where you are right now because this place is incredible. It really is.”

Paltrow, who joined Spence in Grade 7, has starred in over 40 movies and was recently featured in the hit show Glee. She cites the Grade 8 play at Spence as her first foray into theater and maintains the stage is the best place to learn the acting craft. “Just get on stage,” Paltrow said. “That’s how you’ll understand yourself as an actor.”

For Paltrow, the visit evoked fond memories: “I don’t think I’ve been in this room in twenty years,” she remarked of the Dance Studio. “So this is really great.” The hallmark of the morning’s many genuine moments of exchange and interaction was Paltrow’s response to a Middle School’s request to sing. “Are you going to sing with me?” she asked.

To follow are selected excerpts from Paltrow’s exchange with students.

What classes and teachers do you remember?
“I had an English teacher here called Mr. Bird who was a fantastic teacher and a very, very inspiring man. Literature was so personal for him, and he really imbued us all with a sense of beauty in literature.”

How do you create your characters?
“I’m a very instinctual actor. I studied drama here, but I didn’t study it past being at Spence. It’s something that I always wanted to do since I was very young. My mother is an actress who has done a lot of stage work. I got a great education from her and being around her, and growing up here where I went to the theater all the time. I’ve developed my own technique, but the most important thing is your instincts.”

When did you know you wanted to be an actress?
“I asked my father that question and he said, ‘I never remember a time when you said you wanted to do anything other than be an actress.’ So I think it’s something I always knew I was going to do. I can’t imagine having done anything else.”

How do you cry on cue?
“My main thing is music. I listen to music that’s moving and I sort of recede into it. I open up the channel. I soften my heart and get rid of all my protection and the blocks that you carry with you through your day. I try to undo all of that. And I try never to force it.”

If you could say one thing that you learned at Spence, what would it be?
“It’s hard to say. I think it would be the value of other women and women friends. It would be respecting what women do and say and what they bring to the table, and the importance of your friends. Three of my best friends in the whole world to this day are from Spence. You really understand the power of what it is to be an intelligent, articulate woman, and you guys are all being afforded that opportunity right now.”

You obviously have a huge public voice, is there a specific cause that you support?
“I’m on the board of a charity called the Robin Hood Foundation. The organization supports local New York charities that are already operational and doing well, but need more support and structure. I do a lot of work for them and I feel very lucky. Having grown up here and taken advantage of so many amazing parts of the city, I was privileged. There are so many New Yorkers who are not in that circumstance.”

http://www.spenceschool.org/news/det...170&&NEWSPID=1

source: spenceschool.org

Last edited by monix; 01-11-2011 at 10:33 PM.

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

It's nice that she went and did a Q&A since she enjoyed her time there.
You couldn't pay me to go back to mine.

I wanna get a better look at her boots.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, gwyneth, june, november, paltrow