How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Gwyneth joining Twitter/Facebook. It's the 21st century and this is how celebs can connect with their fans. If you aren't a GP fan then don't friend her in the social media world!

BTW, "whosay" is strictly for celebs as their website says, "
What is WhoSay?

WhoSay is a service that helps artists, athletes and iconic personalities connect with their fans. When you see someone posting via WhoSay, you'll know that it's real, authentic messages, photos and videos coming from your favorite people.
At this time, WhoSay is an invite-only service for the top content creators in the world. As a fan, you may arrive at your favorite artist's, athlete's or personality's WhoSay page by visiting their existing social media sites."

I'm not so sure about any of these celebs making money from advertisements because the typical person cannot join "whosay." I think it's a way for celebs to connect with their fans via their publicist. This is what I'm assuming from little I've read about Whosay.
of course it's strictly for celebs, they're not gonna get much hits if i post a pic or a vid. site is making money from the advertisments, celebs get their cut cus they bring the hits for the site (hence their ad value is rising). of course it's a money deal, nobody's gonna promote something without being payed, esp. not such a high profiled person like gwyneth. it's how things work.

i have no issues whatsoever with her joining fb and twitter (hence i'm following her), but i find it weird how twitter thing had to be a business deal, esp considering how wealthy she is at this point, not to mention it being a misleading thing for the fans (some might even call it "exploatation of fan base for personal, money, gain" ). oh well, doesn't matter...
hope we find out more soon about the whole thing!

Last edited by dajrekshn; 06-06-2011 at 06:43 AM.

06-06-2011
front row

I'm just confused which ads you're talking about. Ads on Twitter and Facebook, or ads on WhoSay?

07-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Gwyneth Paltrow chats about the things she loves in GOOP each week, whether she’s dishing on food, friends or fashion. But this week, she’s doubling her newsletter fun, teaming up with Alicie + Olivia‘s Stacey Bendet to talk summer style in Bendet’s 4AM Finds, a weekly newsflash full of the designer’s obsessions in art, fashion and more. So what do the ladies lust for this week? Paltrow calls a Baume & Mercier watch “bold and not too daring,” to which Bendet agrees. “I’m a Swatch girl, but this is gorgeous,” she says. A playful “Frida” dress from Alice + Olivia is “perfect for a summer party,” the actress gushes. A Comme des Garçons candle is Paltrow’s “current home scent,” while Olio Lusso oil “makes skin look and smell so good.” (“If there’s any chance of my skin glowing like yours I’m going to buy every bottle of this organic bliss,” Bendet jokes.) And of course, there’s Paltrow’s new cookbook, My Father’s Daughter, which Bendet describes as “a brilliant blend of story and substance.” Check out more of the ladies’ picks in today’s 4AM Finds; 10 percent of proceeds from sales of the featured Alice + Olivia items will benefit Bent on Learning, an organization that brings yoga to kids in New York City’s public schools.

source: people.com & 4amfinds.com

Last edited by monix; 07-06-2011 at 05:37 PM.

07-06-2011
front row

So, this is a little random, but I've met Gwyneth twice since I started at my new job last month, and she is SO gorgeous and so so so sweet in person. Really down-to-earth. I was never a big fan, but I think she is great!! I work at the River Cafe in London -- she really eats, too!! Last Saturday night she came in and looked stunning in skinny white jeans.

07-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ So jealous of you. I've never seen her in London and I would probably freeze up.

Good to know G likes Alice + Olivia. I have my eye on this cute A+O top on Net-A -Porter.

07-06-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
So, this is a little random, but I've met Gwyneth twice since I started at my new job last month, and she is SO gorgeous and so so so sweet in person. Really down-to-earth. I was never a big fan, but I think she is great!! I work at the River Cafe in London -- she really eats, too!! Last Saturday night she came in and looked stunning in skinny white jeans.
I'm sorry but I'm kind of obsessed, could you tell us everything with more details! was she there with chris martin or the kids?

08-06-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Thank you so much for sharing! Good to know that she is nice and down to earth.

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

Such a great story!
Posted via Mobile Device

08-06-2011
fashion elite

oh wow clementine! i would seriously just stand and stare. not necessarily say anything, just stare...

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

^oh yeah, me too!

clementine - what was she wearing when you saw her (besides the white jeans)?

14-06-2011
front row

I met Gwyneth once and saw her two other times. When I met her I froze and just starred at her. She said hi as she was so kind and sweet. This was at a Bloomingdales EL event a few yrs back.

15-06-2011
fashion elite

@Michele, thanks for sharing, its so nice to hear some positive things about Gwyneth since so many people bash her (I am not talking about this place but you know all over the media).

15-06-2011
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, gwyneth, june, november, paltrow