How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-03-2012
I don't know

^but she's hollywood royalty.. I don't think she's in dire need of money

though it's probably more of a "it's all the way in europe, no one important will see it" thing.. kind of like how a ton of celebrities do commercials in east asia for quick cash

13-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
^but she's hollywood royalty.. I don't think she's in dire need of money

though it's probably more of a "it's all the way in europe, no one important will see it" thing.. kind of like how a ton of celebrities do commercials in east asia for quick cash
i know, that's why i find it strange a bit. i guess it really goes in line of what you said other celebs do.

lindex.com

13-03-2012
scenester

Yeah, I don't think it's an issue of her needing money, but it's a nice bit of change in her pocket, I'm sure.

13-03-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty33r1b View Post
first that Spar commercial, now Lindex what's going on? hope she isn't broke or something like that....
Yeah she definitely put me off when I saw her on huge Spar-billboards all around my ex-University city ... I know it's just for the money, but hey, don't they have any standards and self-pride nowadays? Imagine Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly doing commercials for cheap shower gel or bio-beans...

13-03-2012
fashion icon

Well, if it pays well and requires only a day or two of work, I can't think of many celebrities who would turn it down. It's almost a requirement for actors to have an endorsement. They don't care if it's Lindex or if it's Pepsi. It's not a prestige thing. It's a 'I'm famous and I want my face everywhere' kind of thing.

13-03-2012
V.I.P.

I'm not too fuss about what type of chain the clothes are for cause she looks amazing in the pics. Love the one in the chair.

13-03-2012
backstage pass

She looks great & clearly carries clothes well - whether designer or high street. Love the stripe pencil skirt look!

Gorgeous in the vid as well

13-03-2012
backstage pass

Absolutely gorgeous campaign. I, too, am in love with the striped pencil skirt and top.

13-03-2012
backstage pass

via lindex.com

Last edited by monix; 13-03-2012 at 05:58 PM.

13-03-2012
backstage pass

via lindex.com

Last edited by monix; 13-03-2012 at 06:03 PM.

13-03-2012
tfs star

Maybe they gave her an amount she couldn't turn down? If they're trying to revamp, it makes sense to have a celebrity to highlight their efforts. But I doubt she's massively popular in Scandinavia.

13-03-2012
backstage pass

It doesn't make sense to choose a celeb that's not "massively popular" in the target market. Clearly they chose her for a reason.

Reese Witherspoon also did a Lindex campaign recently.

13-03-2012
front row

I go to the same hair salon as Gwyneth in LA. Two different people who work at the salon told me she looks good fashionwise but isn't very nice and one actually said she looks like she is "sucking on a lemon" and never smiles. I found this disappointing and surprising. I saw her once in the late 90's at J Sisters in NYC and she actually smiled at me, but this was back in the day when she was with Ben Affleck. Just thought this gossipy tidbit would interest some of you here.

13-03-2012
backstage pass

Byron and Tracey salon? I personally find it quite unprofessional when establishments that have high profile clients gossip about said clients. They should know better than that.

On the other hand - met GP last year in LA, possibly one of the sweetest and most down-to-earth people ever. Funny too.

14-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monix View Post
It doesn't make sense to choose a celeb that's not "massively popular" in the target market. Clearly they chose her for a reason.

Reese Witherspoon also did a Lindex campaign recently.
i don't think anyone questions why Lindex chose her, but more why she chose to do this considering her career altogether and her linage. i understand why Reese picked it, she needs it, she's slowly losing her status as an A-lister (mostly in terms of paycheck) and coverage. just to be clear, i don't find it bad G decided to do this, i just find it strange.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, gwyneth, november, october, paltrow