How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-03-2012
trendsetter

She did a campaign for a Korean clothing line before...Bean Pole maybe. Didn't she once mention in a interview that she worked for money sometimes?

14-03-2012
V.I.P.

^ She did, she said she does not turn down offers like this because they are to good, and when she doesnt have movies lined up, its a nice easy income.

14-03-2012
V.I.P.

Her stylist Elizabeth Saltzman is number 14 on The Hollywood Reporter's Most Powerful Stylists:
Quote:
London-based Saltzman got her start working at Giorgio Armani in 1985, went on to style shoots at American Vogue and Vanity Fair (where she’s still a contributing editor) and has been dressing VIP client Paltrow for the past several years.

“An Oscar dress is about style, elegance and comfort,” says Saltzman. Paltrow’s flawless ivory Tom Ford cap-sleeve dress with matching cape at the Oscars, the night’s best look according to some fashion critics, possessed all those qualities.

“Tom Ford designed a masterpiece for G.P. — the Anna Hu diamond cuff rocked the look to perfection, and I wish I could buy the amazing double-finger flower ring,” says Saltzman. “Actually, I wish I could buy the body to rock the whole look.”

Saltzman loves putting the svelte, yoga-toned actress in plunging necklines and leggy minidresses. Paltrow wore a black Stella McCartney gown with cutout details to the Grammys, a sheer Emilio Pucci midriff-baring top and skirt to the Emmys and a daring green sequined Elie Saab dress with a revealing neckline at the Bambi awards in Germany.

A little more demure but every bit as head-turning was the nude backless Prada gown with a big bow at the Contagion premiere in Venice. “I don’t play games,” says Saltzman. “I usually only pick three dresses to choose from, so I don’t waste the designer’s time or mine.”

14-03-2012
backstage pass

Featured on Net-a-Porter online magazine this week:

images via net-a-porter.com

check out: http://www.net-a-porter.com/magazine#/134/5

15-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieO View Post
I go to the same hair salon as Gwyneth in LA. Two different people who work at the salon told me she looks good fashionwise but isn't very nice ...
I work in film and have heard the same

15-03-2012
fashion icon

She's probably one of those celebs that are only nice when they know cameras are around (premieres, book signings, etc.). That anyone would actually believe she's down-to-earth is beyond anything I could imagine.

15-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
She's probably one of those celebs that are only nice when they know cameras are around (premieres, book signings, etc.). That anyone would actually believe she's down-to-earth is beyond anything I could imagine.
not really, there are tons of stories about people meeting her in all sorts of places and really, i've yet to hear about one bad encounter. everyone seems to be surprised with how approachable and down to earth she is. seriously.

16-03-2012
fashion elite

I am based in NYC and know some people in the fashion and entertainment biz and I have heard both that she is super nice and then that she is super cold and even rude. I think she is just human - she has good and bad days.

18-03-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
Yeah she definitely put me off when I saw her on huge Spar-billboards all around my ex-University city ... I know it's just for the money, but hey, don't they have any standards and self-pride nowadays? Imagine Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly doing commercials for cheap shower gel or bio-beans...
Well, Grace was a model in her pre-Hollywood days but I don't think she did any advertising once she became a actress or princess. (She did request specific products to be made for her that then were sold en masse a la the flora scarf and scent Gucci made for her, but she didn't do advertising per se) Audrey, however, did do at least 1 ad--but it was for Givenchy, a longtime friend, and it was for a scent he specifically made for her. So it's worlds away from this cheap, easy income endorsing that Gwyneth is doing.

19-03-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
Imagine Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly doing commercials for cheap shower gel or bio-beans...
that's the point..it's not Givenchy or Gucci.
Gwyneth is a little bit like Scarlett Johansson cashing in to the fullest doing ads and brand-endorsements - they have like 10 ! brands together...
Gwyneth: only from what I can remember had Estee Lauder (wish is not cheap and all Hollywood women do endorse make-up brands which seems "normal" to me!!! no critizising there on my behalf) , Coach, Martini, Spar, close to Net-A-Porter, Lindex, Bean Pole..

but then probably most of Hollywood's big players do have 5 brands in their payment-check-register...it's all up to money, money, money in the end

19-03-2012
V.I.P.

I don't see the difference with her shilling a clothing line with the Lauder ads she did. At least its high quality, in keeping with her wasp persona.

20-03-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
I don't see the difference with her shilling a clothing line with the Lauder ads she did. At least its high quality, in keeping with her wasp persona.
I think the point is that it's not top of the line luxury brands that she has been promoting recently, I mean the frozen food thing was just gross, and the clothing campaigns are also for subpar companies.

20-03-2012
front row

That is a huge blanket of a scarf.

20-03-2012
V.I.P.

OOh I want a better look at those boots. Is that a blue velvet jacket?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, gwyneth, november, october, paltrow