How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Gwyneth and white: PERFECTION

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

she looks amazing in that white dress.

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Gwyneth lives on planet Gwyneth, where everyone is blond, thin and privileged.

20-09-2012
V.I.P.

Instead of blaming Gwyneth for the price of the sweater why not go after the Chinti & Parker who regularly charge that price. Why should they lower their prices just for Gwyneth. Isabel Marant, Chloe, Stella etc all charge around that price. I don't understand what the problem is. This isn't a collaboration with Target or H&M.

20-09-2012
fashion icon

I don't think anyone is blaming her per se. It's more that people find her need to push these ridiculously expensive brands on her blog to be a bit pretentious. Goop undoubtedly targets a certain kind of buyer of a specific class. It's not for most people, but yet she acts like it's totally ordinary to spend 500 bucks on a sweater. For a lifestyle blog she doesn't even try to cater to 'the masses.' There are no alternatives to the 500 hundred dollar sweater or the thousand dollar dress, which is fine but she should stop acting like it's all so attainable when it clearly isn't. I like the sweaters fine enough, but for that price I'd expect a sweater made of gold. I could find something like that at a high street shop.

20-09-2012
front row

What in the world are people seeing that is wrong with her skin?
Its PERFECT.
She has no pores and barely a line.
At 39 years old?
Per.
Fect.

20-09-2012
backstage pass

GOOP targets a particular market... Plain & simple.

She's not "acting like it's attainable" because to her she's speaking directly to THAT market she's targeting. It's just peoples' perception of her that make it seem that way.

Also - if you don't like it then don't read it.

21-09-2012
tfs star

As I said I do really like Gwyn and I like reading Goop - just for fun. What bothers me sometimes is that she acts like "You don't have to be ME or rich in order to be super stylish/skinny" - and then posts photos of really expensive clothes and her trainer tracey anderson. I'm a 25 year old grad student and 500$ is alot of money for me...
Goop is targeted towards a big audience - its published on a website, so I think she shouldn't be surprised if people call her out of touch with reality or stuck up (which I don't think she is though.)

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

Gorgeous white dress and her hair is looking good too.

ETA--
Quote:
Originally Posted by monix View Post
GOOP targets a particular market... Plain & simple.

She's not "acting like it's attainable" because to her she's speaking directly to THAT market she's targeting. It's just peoples' perception of her that make it seem that way.

Also - if you don't like it then don't read it.
Don't take it so serious, people are entitled to their opinions. I'm a fan of GP, I'm a fan of her movies, her philanthropy, her husband's music and her style, but I mostly love her pretentious/butter doesn't melt in her mouth attitude. I find it all quite entertaining. But I also can criticize her insincere assumption she's just a normal mother and wife among the masses. Its clear she is not.

Last edited by Aoedele; 21-09-2012 at 12:10 PM.

21-09-2012
front row

Just because it's on a website doesn't make it targeted to a big audience. That's like saying net-a-porter is on a website, so the prices should be affordable for everyone. It's a lifestyle blog, and it happens to target a particularly high-end lifestyle.

21-09-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
Gorgeous white dress and her hair is looking good too.

ETA--

Don't take it so serious, people are entitled to their opinions. I'm a fan of GP, I'm a fan of her movies, her philanthropy, her husband's music and her style, but I mostly love her pretentious/butter doesn't melt in her mouth attitude. I find it all quite entertaining. But I also can criticize her insincere assumption she's just a normal mother and wife among the masses. Its clear she is not.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I love Gwynnie. She's everything the normal, average woman isn't. It's like she's this superhuman person put on this Earth for people like us to roll our eyes at, but that's part of her charm. She wouldn't have half as many fans if people didn't secretly love her pretentious attitude. We eat it up because no one does icy cold blond better.

Last edited by ALAUU; 21-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.

22-09-2012
backstage pass

^
HAHAH i think she is normal and average woman.
anyway, i wonder how much people pay to her to promote their 500 dollar sweater on her website.
it is all about money money money money...

24-09-2012
tfs star

I know that some people can afford it, but still, in these days of economic turmoil, pushing 500 dollars sweaters is certainly destined to make you seem like you live in a remote planet. 500 dollars is a lot, maybe reasonable for a classic trenchcoat or a very sturdy durable basic....but for a sweater???
The pictures promoting them are nice, love the wavy hair!

Last edited by newprincesita; 24-09-2012 at 03:11 PM.

24-09-2012
rising star

Icy cold blonde would be a perfect way to describe her demeanor but I love her anyway. Pretentious and all I do like her classy style.

25-09-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Gwyneth Paltrow attends 'Stand up to Cancer' charity event at The Savoy Hotel on September 24, 2012 in London, England.

getty

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, gwyneth, november, october, paltrow