How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnys_girl09 View Post
Am I the only one who has been noticing how different her face looks?
No: I noticed it too in the last couple pics. She must've had something around the eyes; there's nary a crinkle. Awww, wish she wouldn't've. I am a natural advocate!

Would love to see those bracelets up close too.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 06-10-2012 at 07:36 AM.

06-10-2012
fashion icon

Her eyes are starting to look all googley and weird.

07-10-2012
backstage pass

She has ruined her face. Nice outfit, though.

07-10-2012
tfs star

I don´t know if ruined is not too harsh a term. She looks great, even if it´s clear she´s "doing things" to her face.

Being in my forties, ahem, one thing I had to accept is that you cannot look like you did in your twenties and accept a few "differences" and incorporate them in your look. Otherwise you feel tempted to "iron off" your face, and from that to weirdland, is just a matter of time.
When you´re a grown up woman, If you cling too much to the miniskirts...even if you have the best body ever, you can end up mutton dressed up as lamb.

Elegance is refusal, always.

07-10-2012
fashion icon

I think if you've got the legs for miniskirts and things like that then why not wear them? You can have a tasteful miniskirt and I think the one Gwyneth is wearing is fine. There's no rule that says you can't show off your legs, but a solid color is always best for anything short. It's when she starts wearing those sparkly Versace dresses that barely cover her butt that I feel like she's trying too hard to hang on to her youth. As for her face, it's such a mystery. She obviously didn't do Botox because her forehead still has wrinkles. But she still looks weird so she might as well have Botoxed her face to death because she looks terrible anyways. Even if Nicole Kidman can no longer move her face without looking like she's in pain at least her face is wrinkle free. I just don't see the point in what Gwyneth did. It's a shame because her face, while certainly not gorgeous, was always a face you couldn't stop looking at. Now I just want to look away.

07-10-2012
boop

Female celebrities really can't win in the court of public opinion. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't...

I think Gwyneth looks amazing now, she looked amazing then and she's going to continue to look amazing no matter what. I mean if we're going to talk about ruined faces, we should be yapping about Sylvester Stallone

All that matters to me is that I see her wearing a little more Celine!

Last edited by Luxx; 07-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.

07-10-2012
V.I.P.

Overall yes she does look fantastic (I'm biased sue me) but I think her hair when it's that stick straight changes her face. And I wouldn't be surprised if she had recently had a facial. It looked really noticeable on the TV. And that colour of outfit doesn't suit her so that didn't help.

I want her little Chanel bag so much.

08-10-2012
tfs star

I think her face looks weird sometimes, but not in candids. maybe she uses some kind of "tightener" for special ocassions. I'm not against miniskirts, but sometimes her premiere outfits are more suitable for a twentysomething. Theres tons of stuff for a grown up woman, besides the miniskirt.

Agree that super ironed hair sometimes changes her appearance. She looks cheerful in waves and more severe in straight hair...

12-10-2012
fashion elite

Celebrating her Birthday in NY.

popsugar / splashnews

12-10-2012
fashion icon

^ She looks so cute smiling in the first pic. Love her high ponytail.

Edit: I had to post this link. It's Gwyneth and Cameron rapping for Chelsea Handler's show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92olL6rwhjE

Last edited by ALAUU; 12-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.

12-10-2012
V.I.P.

So far I think Gwyneth has maintained class and sexiness appropriate for her age. I don't think what she's done to her face has ruined it by any means, but she will want to be careful, because that frozen look that botox and/or fillers can give is spottable a mile away imo.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 12-10-2012 at 08:59 PM.

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

At the Golden Heart Gala in New York yesterday

dailymail

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

She looks amazing in that dress, but those shoes are quite tacky!

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

She looks classy and sexy in the black dress and I actually love the shoes and the sleek pony on her.

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

she looks amazing from top to toe. that dress fits her like a glove.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, gwyneth, november, october, paltrow