How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2011
V.I.P.

HQS 2011 San Diego Comic Con - "Fright Night" Screening & Fan Event - July 22

imogen-p.com

21-09-2011
V.I.P.

whowhatwear

22-09-2011
V.I.P.

Her beauty translates so much better on the screen, she was wonderful in Christopher and His Kind, i couldn't stop looking at her. I hope she has a wonderful career.

24-09-2011
V.I.P.

ē Tatler Magazine Ė October 2011 ē

imogen-p.com

V.I.P.

LA TIMES MAGAZINE: Scene Stealers ē

www.latimesmagazine.com: What manner of alchemy really divides a B-level ingenue from a budding leading lady? Itís a mysterious business, one that canít quite be explained by parsing a galís credits on IMDb. Sure, most A-listers scrap their way into the spotlight, earning their chops in indies or TV guest roles, before finally landing that starmaking role. But when the real thing steps into the frame, we simply must look at her. When she finally takes her place at the top of the credits, we feel like weíve been waiting for her all along. The ever-shimmering hair may come by way of a pricey colorist, but for a true movie goddess, the It factor can never be bottled. That said, we bring you four young women poised for cinematic immortality: Imogen Poots, whose dry London wit and bewitching gaze can slay vampires and fanboys alike; True Bloodís Deborah Ann Woll, who is sinking her teeth into a slew of big-screen stories; Mary Elizabeth Winstead, whose slinky brown peepers can evoke a heartbreaker or a monster-hunting researcher with equal ease; and Jessica Chastain, a chameleonic redhead who reminds us, dare we say, of an up-and-coming Nicole Kidman. Yes, a true screen divine has lightning in her eyes from the very startÖ
IMOGEN POOTS

Just what is an Imogen Poots, anyway? Well, not counting the wicked British wit, the Cameron Diaz smile and the sultry gaze that evokes an illicit union between Amanda Seyfried and Scarlett Johansson (just humor us), quite a bit, actually. The native Londoner first broke as a fleet-flooted teen outrunning zombies in 28 Weeks Later. Then came a flashback to ancient Rome with Michael Fassbender in Centurion, a jape with Michael Douglas and Susan Sarandon in Solitary Man and a sojourn through the moors with Mia Wasikowska in Jane Eyre. She recently filmed the drama A Late Quartet, sharing the screen with heavyweights Christopher Walken and Philip Seymour Hoffman, and this season, she returns to horror, helping to stake some vampire ham (Colin Farrell) in the latest take on Fright Night. Despite the impressive CV, thereís one sign of Hollywood success Poots has yet to experience: the paparazzi. Currently shooting the drama Greetings from Tim Buckley, she remains blissfully anonymous. ďOh my God, the paparazzi here have no clue,Ē Poots says. ďIíve never had a run-in. Iím sure they just think Iím some sort of road sign.Ē
/imogen-p.com

V.I.P.

On Set of Greetings from Tim Buckley - August 29, 2011
imogen-p.com

trendsetter

Super awesome outfits in the girl of the month scan!

25-09-2011
trendsetter

Just saw this movie filming at St. Ann's on Montague in Brooklyn. Imogen looked lovely. Similar outfit to this: bright tights, doc martens and sweet sundress.

V.I.P.

Chloť Fragrance: Promotional Photos
Iíve been just adding a lovely new (at least itís new to me, since I havenít seen this one so far) promotional image of the ďChloť FragranceĒ ad campaign:

imogen-p.com

backstage pass

She has such a beautiful face. I saw her in Cracks and she was absolutely stunning. I hope to see her in many more films.

30-09-2011
front row

i prefer her as a blonde

30-09-2011
front row

Me too, but still beautiful nonetheless.

30-09-2011
trendsetter

It's so nice to see her doing so well, such a pretty girl as a blonde or brunette, and so talented.

22-10-2011
don't look down

Imogen in the You supplement of the Mail on Sunday, 23 october 2011 (dailymail.co.uk):

Quote:
Meet the actress whose talent and verve will make her a megastar

At just 22, actress Imogen Poots Ė who has already starred opposite the likes of David Tennant, Colin Farrell and Michael Douglas Ė has the looks, talent and presence to take her far. Here she tells Benji Wilson why, despite the high-gloss movie glam, sheís still a backcombed-hair girl at heart

Imogen Poots sits in a Soho hotel room looking perfectly petite among all the plump sofa cushions and towering flower arrangements. She is surrounded by promotional material for Chloťís signature scent, for which she is one of the new Ďfacesí.

ĎA fresh and feminine fragrance suited to a free spirit with an utterly innate sense of chicí, reads the description. Actually, thatís not a bad summary of Imogen herself. Just 22, she doesnít conform to the normal formula for a Young British Actress. Beautiful, yes, but not in an Identikit way. Costume drama? Tick, but always from an oblique angle, such as Miss Austen Regrets (the 2008 BBC drama based on Austenís letters, in which she played Janeís niece) or this yearís Jane Eyre with Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender (Imogen was Blanche Ingram, Janeís rival for Mr Rochesterís affections). Consider also that her big break was in a horror flick, 28 Weeks Later; that her most famous scene to date was being seduced by Michael Douglas in 2009ís Solitary Man, and that her latest trick is this yearís classic horror reboot Fright Night with David Tennant and Colin FarrellÖand Ďfree spirití seems to cover it. Dressed head to toe in black except for a crisp pair of brown boyfriend brogues, Ďinnate chicí isnít far wrong either.

I started working when I was 14. Iíd done drama at school and enjoyed it, but it was limited Ė I was at an all-girlsí school where everyone was from a similar background Ė so I joined Londonís Young Blood Theatre Company for a different kind of education. Attached to that was a small acting agency and I started going for roles through them, doing small parts in TV shows such as Casualty. Iím sure Mum and Dad had concerns, but acting existed parallel to school. School had right answers and wrong answers, whereas acting lets you offer your own interpretation of the world. That was very exciting when I was 14, and it still is. Iíve had the best time of my life because of it.

I didnít go to university, although I had a place at Londonís Courtauld Institute to study history of art. I wanted to continue acting but that doesnít mean you stop picking up books or learning as much as you can. Iíve been lucky to meet some fascinating people, including Timothy Spall [who plays Imogenís boss in the romantic thriller Comes a Bright Day, to be released next year] and Trevor Eve [her father in ITVís remake of Bouquet of Barbed Wire], whoíve introduced me to other aspects of life. Education is important to me, but it doesnít have to be with desks and teachers.

28 Weeks Later had a real sense of a surrogate family.
It was my first film [2007], when I was 18. It was the most substantial role Iíd had, with actors who are doing amazing things now: Rose Byrne, Jeremy Renner and Robert Carlyle [Imogen played his daughter Tammy]. I love that feeling of collaboration, and look for it in everything I do. I donít really have a home at the moment. I was in New Mexico last year for six months filming Fright Night, and before that in New York for another film. Iím addicted to travelling Ė I feel Iíve got to keep moving, otherwise Iím scared Iíll miss something Ė so Iím grateful for what my job allows me to do. In a new city the first thing I do is head out to explore. I start with art galleries and then I take lots of photos and make weird little films of trees!

Fright Night meant filming with David Tennant in Albuquerque. We had the best time Ė New Mexico is stunning and Santa Fe is extraordinary. Looking at that sunset and sunrise, Iíve never felt so small and insignificant. And it was so hot. They had this guy who used to drive me around; weíd get loads of coffee and listen to a radio station that played readings of Allen Ginsbergís poems. Best of all, I had the opportunity to play an all-American girl. My American accent isnít so bad Ė Iíve played more Americans than Brits, which is kind of bonkers.

Is this my big year? Well, I have a lot of films coming out! But the idea of a big year is intimidating because it means the next year wonít be a big year. The saddest thing in this business is when somebody burns bright and then fades out. You see it all the time. Everythingís so disposable now.

I donít necessarily go starry-eyed around actors. Musicians, thatís another story. If I met Bob Dylan Iíd freeze, and I think if I met Leonard Cohen Iíd faint, but when you see actors in person theyíre just so normal. Itís only because theyíre playing parts the whole time that people see them as special.

Iím obsessed with Alex James from Blur. I met him recently at a gig Ė at least, I asked him where the loos were or something. People say he looks a little crabby these days but I say heís even better.

Iím 22 now, but the people I admire are much older. Maybe Iím prematurely middle aged. When I was in Albuquerque I started listening to a lot of blues music because some of the guys in the cast were talking about Blind Blake and Robert Johnson Ė and a lot of things from the 1950s. Iím going through a doo-wop phase at the moment. I want to start a band (although if I were to sing the world would end). Thereís this innocence to doo-wop thatís charming. The most poignant thing Iíve seen recently is some footage of these doo-wop bands when they were 13-year-old boys, and now as old men theyíre singing the same songs and their voices havenít changed, but everything else is so different.

Iím a Gemini so I have a split personality.
On the one hand I can be quite serious, but Iím also girlie in the sense that Iím completely melodramatic and illogical. I was known as Poodle at school because I used to backcomb my hair and wear more than five colours at once. I wasnít going to be head girl, so whatever. Now I wear black and listen to Leonard Cohen: itís all gone a bit peculiar. But the backcombed-hair girl is still in there somewhere. These days I rub butter into my hair. Well, not butter butter, but shea butter. Itís amazing Ė you can use it on your skin too.

I havenít done lad mags or nudity. I donít have anything to give them! Itís a way of getting your face in the media but itís not the image I want to put out there.

I think the women in Woody Allenís films got the look just right. I love Annie Hall and Manhattan and all the women in those films. They just understand that moment when you put on your boyfriendís clothes or try on his shoes Ė and theyíre better than yours. Paul Smith designed the clothes for Comes a Bright Day, and he has a range that makes me feel extraordinarily cool Ė itís menís-style clothes but made to fit a female form.

I love bags so big you could lug a sink around in them. I have so many ridiculous tote bags. And I have a gorgeous blue Marc Jacobs bag with tiny arm straps that my mum bought me a couple of years ago.

I find it difficult to talk to people about beauty regimes because I donít have one! Iím honoured to be part of the Chloť campaign. The only times Iíve modelled is when Iíve been promoting a film or TV project, so it was interesting to do something purely visual. I thought, this could be a persona, a part I will play Ė and smell great while I play it!

The type of actor I want to be isÖcurious. Curiosity is a gift if you keep wanting to learn and evolve. I really admire Mia Wasikowska, I love Michael Shannon and I loved River Phoenix. They all have this ability to make you feel and care about them, and forget that theyíre actors. And in interviews they seem very gentle people.

I wonít talk about my love life. Not even a yea or a nay. Iím not giving anything away.

.my prison is your brain.

Thanks for posting, sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and good sense of humor about herself and her fame. She was funny without seeming to try too hard to be.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
imogen, poots