How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-05-2011
V.I.P.

oooh she looks so cute with that little baby bump

16-05-2011
trendsetter

Allure June 2011

nypost.com

17-05-2011
V.I.P.

I love Allure. Can't wait to get this issue. She looks like a model in the second shot. Look at her legs.

17-05-2011
V.I.P.

^I know they are amazing, best Allure cover in awhile, hope theres more pics to her spread

17-05-2011
V.I.P.

Very nice cover.

17-05-2011
rising star

January looks AMAZING! It's a really nice cover, second one after W though

19-05-2011
front row

madmendaily.tumblr.com

Last edited by Belowen; 20-05-2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines | proper crediting procedures (clickable links)
19-05-2011
V.I.P.

foxnews

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

Randoms...

MadMenDaily.Tumblr

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

New X-Men Still -

io9.com

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

January Jones Covers Allure June 2011

Mad Men' star, January Jones, covers 'Allure' June 2011. The 33-year-old-actress, who recently announced she is expecting her first child, opens up and talks to the magazine about breaking up with Jason Sudeikis, trying therapy and dieting, but also about the Shark Conservation Act and 'X-Men: First Class'.

January Jones glams up the June 2011 cover of 'Allure' magazine flaunting her tousled, chic blonde locks and a sexy smokey eye makeup. In the interview, the 'Mad Men' actress had a lot of interesting things to share such as her break up with Saturday Night Live comedian Jason Sudeikis, diets, having therapy in the past, but also about her character Betty Draper and having to handle Grace Kelly comparisons.

"It's hard to think I have to live up to that, because I'm not her, unless Grace Kelly drank beer," January told 'Allure'.

Speaking about dieting, January, who announced last month that she is expecting her first child without revealing the name of the father, admits her diet is not restrictive at all. "I have never dieted. I just listen to whatever my body craves. I don't deny myself anything. I don't crave sweets or unhealthy things very often. But when I do, like if I'm in a bad mood and I'm in traffic, I'll stop at McDonald's and get a strawberry shake and fries and not feel guilty at all, because I deserve it."

January's next project is a role in the summer blockbuster 'X-Men: First Class'. "I was coming off two dramatic movies and then another season of Mad Men, and I was ready to do something a little bit more fun," the actress admits.

With such a demanding job, the actress confesses it's hard for someone who is not in the industry being understanding. "Iím sorry, I need to go away for three months and kiss other men while you stay here," she says.

In fact, distance seems to be the main reason for her break up with Jason Sudeikis. "The long distance kind of petered us out," she says. "When you date someone else who's in the industry, someone has to make the sacrifices. And if no one's willing to, then you just have to be friends."

Traveling a lot might also be a good reason for therapy. "I was traveling so much, and I just needed to make sure I was grounded and had someone to talk to. She talked more than I did, which was hilarious and great and fun. I really like her. It was like having a girlfriend. But Iím not going to give her $300 an hour to have the same conversation I could have with my girlfriend," she told the magazine.

The 33-year-old actress, who plays Betty Draper in the TV drama 'Mad Men', wears a pair of suede Christian Louboutin heels and a satin Lanvin bodysuit in the 'Allure' pictorial, yet she admits she loves the '60s fashion style in the series.
"The most challenging part of the wardrobe is actually the period shoes. The long-line bra with the pointy tips and the girdle, and then the stockings on the garter beltóI really like the shape it gives me. Itís kind of sad when you take the girdle off at the end of the day," she says.

Jones joined Oceana's shark campaign fighting to protect sharks from the cruel practice of shark finning which is the practice of cutting off a sharkís fins and dumping the rest of the shark back in the water. Speaking about her advocacy for a congressional bill to outlaw shark finning, the actress told 'Allure' that, "I only had to sleep with 15 to 20 congressmen, took one for the team."

Besides, she also speaks about working with Senator John McCain on the Shark Conservation Act: "I kind of look like his wife there. When I first met him, heís like, 'How do you sleep with that lobbyist?' I was like, só, did I sleep with a lobbyist? And then I realized he was talking about [Mad Men]. Whew," January says.

Allure.com

20-05-2011
front row

She's so beautiful.

21-05-2011
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Indeed. Love her rockin' that short hair... unbelievable.

V.I.P.

'With this name I could only have been an actress, a superhero or a stripper': The world according to January Jones

The actress on her unusual name, nearly being decapitated on X-Men and why she refuses to be just window dressing

'In terms of sexual equality, if anything has been taken away from women, it has been taken away by women. It's virtually impossible to balance our lives and still have time for ourselves,' said January Jones

Actress January Jones is best known for the hit television series Mad Men, in which she plays Betty Draper, a woman as well known for her girdle as her misadventures in Sixties suburbia. She is often compared to Grace Kelly and has, she confides, turned down several offers to play the legendary actress turned princess consort of Monaco.

Instead, Jones appears to have a penchant for working with the best of the British film industry, from Rhys Ifans in The Boat That Rocked to Bill Nighy in Love Actually and Liam Neeson in Unknown. She can next be seen in the blockbuster franchise X-Men: First Class.

A former Abercrombie & Fitch model, Jones is currently single after splitting from Saturday Night Liveís Jason Sudeikis in January. She recently announced she is pregnant Ė although she hasnít named the father. Now 33, she lives in Los Angeles.

'Emma Frost, my X-Men character, has an impossible body. She has huge boobs with nice, womanly curves, but she is also ripped with muscle': January with Kevin Bacon in X-Men: First Class

My unusual name comes from a trashy book.

My mum had read Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann and she and my dad liked how January sounded with Jones. The January character is the daughter of a Hollywood producer who has fallen on hard times, and she meets a sticky end after her parentsí divorce. They turned the story into a movie with Kirk Douglas. People think that I changed my name to be an actress but my sisters have unusual names too (Jacey and Gina). I also found out recently that there was an old singer named January Jones. Richard Curtis (who directed The Boat That Rocked and Love Actually) once sent me an old theatre poster and it said, ĎSinging tonight: January Jones.í With this name I could only have been an actress, a superhero or a stripper.

'She looks right, acts right, doesn't say too much': January on Mad Men's Betty Draper

Naivety, fearlessness and $200 in my pocket were all I had when I arrived in New York aged 18 to become a model.

I wasnít scared at all. I was so ready to go out into the big wide world. My parents were open, very supportive and encouraging to whatever dreams we had Ė even if Iíd wanted to be an astronaut. Worrying about survival didnít come into it. I was excited to be independent. I wanted to be rich and famous. I lived in an apartment near the Empire State Building. But there were a billion girls in New York who wanted to be models. After a while I was immune to rejection, which helped when I went out to LA to become an actress. In modelling, the criterion is purely aesthetic. So when I got to LA I didnít care if they said I was too small, too blonde, too pretty or not pretty enough.

Jack Nicholson may be a rogue who has dated millions of women but Iím lucky to have him as a friend.

We had worked together in the past. Then he called me up to say he had just watched the entire first season of Mad Men and loved me in it. He still has a mysterious quality about him that I think is unique to his generation Ė it makes him desirable, no matter what age you are. He is very funny, protective, charming and smart.

In terms of sexual equality, if anything has been taken away from women, it has been taken away by women.

Since the era of Mad Men, we have applied layers of stress on ourselves because we wanted every opportunity that men have. Itís virtually impossible to balance our lives and still have time for ourselves. We want to have the career and also have a family and kids. But that in itself is a choice and itís our choice.

'I've probably been unattractive to some men because I say what I feel and what I think'

Mad Men was a huge gamble for me.

I had never done TV before I signed that contract and there wasnít even a role for me in the pilot. Matthew Weiner, the creator of the show, had no intention of showing Don Draperís home life. I read for Peggy Olson twice Ė it was between me and Elisabeth Moss, who eventually got the part. Matt went home that night and wrote two scenes that featured Donís wife Betty. I auditioned a couple of days later, and he made me a verbal promise that the character would grow. So I took a gamble and I won. We all did. Financially, we donít get paid very much on the show, and thatís well documented. On the other hand, when you do television you have a steady pay cheque each week, so thatís nice.

I grew up running wild, dirty and barefoot in the wild Wild West.

South Dakota has Native American Indian history, which was a very cool vibe to grow up with. Because youíre outside in the wilderness a lot, you are always using your imagination. I was a leader, bossy and rebellious. Up until the age of ten I lived in a town with only 400 people. Everyone knew everyone. It was a very safe place to grow up and be outside with the animals. I wouldnít trade my childhood for the world. Like most kids, I could be a little terror! I have a very guilty conscience, which always stopped me from doing anything terribly bad.

Iíd love my body to take on the shape of the girdle I wear in Mad Men.

You hold yourself differently and it creates that incredibly feminine shape, though Iím glad I donít have to wear it every day. Emma Frost, my X-Men character, has an impossible body. She has huge boobs with nice, womanly curves, but she is also ripped with muscle. In the amount of time I had to train it just wasnít possible to achieve that amount of muscle without losing all the good bits. We finished Mad Men at the end of August and I had one day to fly to London to start X-Men.

I was nearly decapitated by the stunt wires in X-Men.

The most difficult stunts were with Michael Fassbender, where I was spinning in the air on those wires. While my stunt double did a lot of the harder stuff, Iíve always been very sporty and the stunts and action are part of the fun. As Emma Frost Iím telepathic, and I can turn into a diamond, which means Iím very, very cold. I always wear white: lots of iridescent stretch leather, lots of sparkle, and ***-kicking white boots.

As a woman, you donít want to be just window dressing.

Iíve probably been unattractive to some men because I say what I feel and what I think. I donít have a mechanism in my head that prevents me from saying what I think. I come from a family of very outspoken women. I canít imagine living in a time when you couldnít express what you felt. Thatís why Betty does what she does. Sheís imploding to the point where she gets so frustrated that she does something wacky. Don Draperís married this woman who he thinks is the perfect woman and someone he should love. She looks right, acts right, doesnít say too much. But then heís sexually attracted to very outspoken, independent women. So some men donít want their women to speak up, and then other men are attracted to that very thing.

ĎX-Men: First Classí opens in cinemas on June 1

dailymail.co.uk

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

Nice article!
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
january, jones