How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-05-2013
fashion insider

I love Lena and Marion laughing in the background.

08-05-2013
windowshopping

Her dior gowns are alwaya lovely although a tad boring but they don't fit her personality at all. She is looks like a little girl playing with her mother clothes.

08-05-2013
tfs star

I feel like she's also aware that these Dior dresses aren't doing her any favors. I mean, they're not terrible but simply uninteresting. She likes to say she doesn't care about fashion but she wore a lot of great dresses during her first Oscar run.

08-05-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
with Raf Simons

Billy Farrell Agency
They look like newlyweds

08-05-2013
V.I.P.

Has she worn any Dior gown that wasn't strapless? My word how incredibly boring! I don't blame her entirely considering what Raf Simons sends down the runway, but I wish we didn't see the same silhouette on every gown just in different lengths and colors.

09-05-2013
trendsetter

Maybe in 10 years she'll be perfect for Dior, but right now she often looks like a deer in the headlights when she wears the brand's gowns.

Although I will say, the Met pics of wearing that veil are amazing. They are a thousand times better than those airbrushed, personality-less ads. (Whenever her kooky, goofy side comes out, it just improves the clothes 100% even if she is a mismatch for the brand.)

10-05-2013
trendsetter

I think she has the right body to wear and promote dior, but as Wild_roses points out, her personality doesn't fit right:/

I agree that the campaign was airbrushed to death. She has such great skin, and is so young. I sort of understand why it is so tempting to use photoshop on people like Kate Moss, seeing as her skin isn't young and perfect anymore, but airbrushing Jennifer like that shouldn't be necessary. I've seen the HD pics of her face, and it really shouldn't

12-05-2013
V.I.P.

Ready to head out of the City of Angels, Jennifer Lawrence arrived at LAX Airport in Sunday morning (May 12) in Los Angeles.
Celebrity-gossip.net

12-05-2013
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
Has she worn any Dior gown that wasn't strapless? My word how incredibly boring! I don't blame her entirely considering what Raf Simons sends down the runway, but I wish we didn't see the same silhouette on every gown just in different lengths and colors.
Yes, the pantsuit she wore to the premiere of Silver Linings Playbook

Personally, I like her in Dior. I understand when people say that she is too young for it, and doesn't fit, but that is the problem with a brand like Dior. Their fashion is extremely mature and refined, but they are also trying to sell perfume and handbags to younger girls. She is great at playing both sides of that. The teens and 20 somethings want to be her, but she still looks great in the elegant styles IMO.

13-05-2013
front row

I will also say that even though Jennifer get a lot of backlash for always going strapless when in Dior, Marion does this too. Virtually all of Raf's Dior gowns are being designed as strapless, so there isn't much Jlaw can do about it. I do wish Raf would give us a different silhouette, it would be a refreshing change, but I definitely don't blame it on Jennifer or believe it to be an indication she doesn't suit the brand.

13-05-2013
tfs star

^ +1

With all these 70s hats and slouchy silhouettes she wears on her day off, I don't know why she didn't sign a contract with Saint Laurent Paris. It certainly would have improved Hedi's public image.

14-05-2013
fashion insider

zimbio.com

14-05-2013
rising star

She mentioned in an Interview around Oscar time this year, that she didn't really care much for fashion until her acting career 'forced' her to take interest, and she's slowly developing a taste for it since making the deal with Dior, and that Dior made her 'love' fashion.
I always wonder how she'd dress candid wise, if she wasn't aware that she would be photographed all the time? I for some reason don't really think she'd walk around in those full length dressed that she frequently wears.

18-05-2013
backstage pass

She's in Cannes! (with Sam Clalfin & Liam Hemsworth)

thehungergamesfrance.blogspot.fr

wireimage

Last edited by clarissea; 18-05-2013 at 08:33 AM.

18-05-2013
fashion insider

She looks so young and fresh faced. I wish the top was more fitted and had less ruffles.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, 2014, february, jennifer, lawrence