How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-03-2013
V.I.P.

Jennifer Lawrence shows off her character's 70's style updo while on set of Abscam in Boston, MA on March 22, 2013. In the highly anticipated production, Lawrence plays Marie Weinberg, the wife of Abscam FBI informant Mel Weinberg, who is played by Christian Bale.
Credit to zimbio.com

23-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ Yay! Finally something new.
Thanks for posting.

23-03-2013
trendsetter

^^ wasn't her hair black for The Hunger Games?

23-03-2013
backstage pass

^she plays Christian Bale's wife? lucky girl! but quite the age difference..

23-03-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySpring View Post
^^ wasn't her hair black for The Hunger Games?
pretty sure it's a wig.

23-03-2013
fashion icon

It's like they don't care about the age difference because it's Jennifer Lawrence. lol.

23-03-2013
scenester

Yeah - there was an 8 year difference between the people they're playing in real life, and 16 years between Bale and Jennifer (and it looks that way imo). But honestly, none of this makes sense to me, Bale's character was in his late 50's and his wife in her forties when all of this took place - and damn, neither one of them can pull that off.

Here are the people Jen and Bale are playing, 4 years after the time when this movie prbably takes place -

I know Russell likes working with the same actors, but maybe he should've held them off for that movie about the guy who married his adopted daughter, that he's doing after this one. At least then the age difference would've made sense.

Last edited by Scrantonicity; 23-03-2013 at 02:57 PM.

24-03-2013
tfs star

^ in "the Silver linings playbook" Jennifer's character in the book is in her early 40s. Bradley is much older than her but I don't think O'Russell cares he just want to cast actors he likes and think we'll do best in the part.

24-03-2013
scenester

Yeah, I don't mind the changes made to a book. It's a different thing when it comes to dealing with real life characters though, specially in a story like this, with so much controversy involved not only in the actual operation, but also in the outcome of the real life people.

24-03-2013
fashion elite

The thing is that there is a big difference between fictional characters and real life ones. On SLP since you only have the book, its pretty easy to transform the character into a younger one but when you are making a real life one it is completely different, having a 22 years old girl playing a woman in her 40s is not the best choice. But in the end its all about the performance and if she has one (im sure of that) the age gap will be a lesser problem.

24-03-2013
fashion insider

This isn't based on real life events like Argo or ZD30 were, it's inspired by events. The characters have different names to the real life characters and obviously they have different ages. Amy's character is meant to be younger than Jennifer's for example. The producers produced ZD30 and they're stressing that it isn't like a biopic or anything presumably to avoid the big backlash ZD30 had and the mini one Argo had.
Posted via Mobile Device

24-03-2013
V.I.P.

And her role is very small in this. Like insignificantly small. She's probably doing this as a favour for David O. Russell just before she does X-Men next month. Now The Ends of the Earth, that will be a big role for her.

And you have to love how they incorporated the Tiff bun in this role.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 24-03-2013 at 09:24 AM.

25-03-2013
backstage pass

^ I can't wait for The Ends of the Earth--has she been confirmed definitely? I heard they were still unsure because of her packed schedule.

25-03-2013
V.I.P.

^She only has the X-Men sequel to shoot. And she also has The Glass Castle, but a start date hasn't been confirmed for that yet. Maybe 2014?

But seriously, look at these new pictures.
Quote:
Jennifer Lawrence shows off a big retro hairstyle on the set of the 'Untitled David O. Russell/Abscam Project' in Boston on March 25, 2013.

zimbio

25-03-2013
fashion insider

Hot mess. This is reminding me of Mellisa Leo's look in The Fighter for some reason.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, 2014, february, jennifer, lawrence