How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-01-2014
fashion elite

The dress she wore at the Oscars 2011 its till this day my favourite Oscar red carpet look. It fitted her body PERFECTLY and she was just glowing.

14-01-2014
fashion insider

It's interesting that now her 2011 Oscar dress is thought of in a positive light when at the time most of the media thought it was just a Scar Jo rip off.

My favourite of all her red carpet looks is the Calvin Klein she wore to the Vanity Fair party last year.

14-01-2014
V.I.P.

I seriously cant wait to see American Hustle! Great cast and jennifer looks quite hot in it

This girl is such a sweetheart.

14-01-2014
V.I.P.

Though the dress itself isn't my favorite, I think it was styled beautifully with the hair and makeup. Not her best look but she still looked beautiful and seemed comfortable in it.

14-01-2014
scenester

we all agree, that dress was not the best for her. It did give her a lot of publicity ( negative ) but publicity.. and well I would love to see her in a dress like

14-01-2014
V.I.P.

I hope Dior is paying her a lot to wear those hideous gowns. I really hope she wears other designer gowns some time in the future.

Last edited by disco54; 14-01-2014 at 08:36 PM.

14-01-2014
Fashion Designer

^I think current Dior's aesthetic is not the right one for her. Galliano would've done a great job for her, I believe.

15-01-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nita-karoliina View Post
I seriously cant wait to see American Hustle!
Me either! Luckily next Monday I am watching it at a screening, cause it hasnt been released yet here in Argentina.

15-01-2014
V.I.P.

Regarding American Hustle: I think the performances are great but not the movie. I don´t agree with it winning the Globe, I think The Wolf of Wall Street was way better.
Jen´s work is remarkable but I haven´t seen all the other performances to say that she did or did not deserve her award, Lupita´s work was also great but I guess it´s easier to find a drama role more deserving than a comedic one...

15-01-2014
V.I.P.

Joy Magazine [Germany] (January 2014)

whosdatewho.com

15-01-2014
trendsetter

I wonder what Dior makes of the internet meme that took off, where basically everybody mocked the dress with their own take. I mean, it was ~publicity~, but not the type of publicity I think they want for someone who is supposed to be one of their spokespersons, who is supposed to make us desire their clothing, and be in awe of her in their clothing.

They are trying to sell us Jennifer as tasteful, ladylike, iconic, and instead, we the reaction has been: comparisons to comforters, Ariel wrapped in rope and sailboat cloth from the Little Mermaid, Clyde the Turtle from Elementary wrapped in tissue paper, and Colton Haynes spoofing her. Granted, last year the Oscar gown got a few memes, but nothing as widespread as this.

I really hope they are careful in what they choose to don her in for the Oscars.

15-01-2014
fashion insider

I don't think they mind. The mocking was mostly done in an affectionate way from what I saw. Jennifer is too loved by the public and internet right now for anything she does or wears to be taken as the worst thing ever. She and, by extension, anything she represents is adored by the media which is why this so called "mocking" has been transformed into being something else to add to list of reasons to love her.

She may not fit the aesthetic of the brand at all but in terms of business, they signed her up at the perfect time. She's definitely not as successful as Charlize or Marion or Natalie in terms of being suited to Dior visually but her "fame" is significantly bigger than all of them right now. So business wise, they are going to want to keep her for a long time. Whether they should for the sake of art and fashion is a different matter all together.

15-01-2014
V.I.P.

as much as I didn't care for Jen's dress because the silhouette is so similar to SO many other Dior gowns that she has worn, I don't feel like the blame for the meme should be on Jen. That lies all with the aesthetic of Raf Simons for Dior, which you either love or hate.

16-01-2014
V.I.P.

2014 Academy Award Nominations

Best supporting actress: Sally Hawkins, Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong’o, Julia Roberts, June Squibb

16-01-2014
V.I.P.

How big are her chances to win her 2nd Oscar?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, 2014, february, jennifer, lawrence