How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-11-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili la tigresse View Post
I really don't understand what's wrong with French Houses, first, Blake Lively for Chanel and now, Lawrence for Dior!
I think Karl's favourites and it-girls are much more questionable than Dior's choices

19-11-2012
V.I.P.

don't like none of her recent looks! and the dark hair doesn't help

19-11-2012
trendsetter

I think she can pull off dark hair, but not that dark. It needs to be a more medium, chocolately brown, not this nearly gothic black brown.

I like that she wore a pants suit to the SLP premiere but not how she styled it.

19-11-2012
fashion insider

Is it true Rachel Zoe took over as her stylist after her Dior contract was announced?

19-11-2012
scenester

Yes: http://news.instyle.com/2012/11/15/j...st-rachel-zoe/

19-11-2012
V.I.P.

Not bad. I don't think Elizabeth Stewart did the best job with her (except for some great gowns during Award Season 2011). Zoe doesn't bother me as much as she used to. I think she had that problem with making all of her clients look the exact same years ago, but she has less clients to work with and now seems to be doing a better job of carving an individual style for all of them. So I'm actually quite interested to what she'll do for her this Award Season. She's never going to be a fashionista so I think a nice gown is good enough for me.

19-11-2012
scenester

Well, Zoe was already responsible for her past few appearances, and I'm not sold yet.

19-11-2012
V.I.P.

^Has she? Well then, I can't say that I'm impressed so far

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

19-11-2012
trendsetter

at Jay Leno
wearing Alexander Wang

Quote:
Jennifer Lawrence shows off her toned legs while chatting with Jay Leno on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Monday (November 19) in Burbank, Calif.

The night before, the 22-year-old actress attended a screening of her new film Silver Linings Playbook, along with her co-stars Bradley Cooper and Chris Tucker in West Hollywood.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer recently compared her character Tiffany in Silver Linings Playbook with her Hunger Games character Katniss.

“It’s funny, I never thought that Tiffany and Katniss have anything in common, other than they have to do what they have to do and really don’t care what anybody thinks. However, the way they go about it is very different,” Jennifer shared with Deadline. “Katniss would rather not talk if she doesn’t have to in every situation, and Tiffany has more words than there is time.”

justjared

20-11-2012
fashion insider

I like her look at Leno. She has such a banging body.

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.

20-11-2012
Making a Mess

^ Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Not bad. I don't think Elizabeth Stewart did the best job with her (except for some great gowns during Award Season 2011). Zoe doesn't bother me as much as she used to. I think she had that problem with making all of her clients look the exact same years ago, but she has less clients to work with and now seems to be doing a better job of carving an individual style for all of them. So I'm actually quite interested to what she'll do for her this Award Season. She's never going to be a fashionista so I think a nice gown is good enough for me.
I'm with you on this one .

I'm actually excited to see what Zoe does with her. The pant suit was a great idea just poorly executed. And I like the Wang dress above.

I think Zoe will put her in some killer dresses come awards season... or at least one can hope .

20-11-2012
.my prison is your brain.

^ Agree Party Vixen, I think Zoe is on the right track with her already, and it will surely only get better.

20-11-2012
fashion icon

I think she can definitely be a fashionista. I loved everything she wore for the Hunger Games promo tour. It's just been in recent outfits that her style has been really homely.

20-11-2012
V.I.P.

Jennifer looks best when she keeps it simple (e.g., the All-American girl look). Whenever she wears looks that are too high fashion or edgy, it never works on her. One of her best looks was the red Calvin Klein she wore to the Oscars one year. It was perfect. In contrast, the look she wore to the BAFTAs that same year was too over the top. So, hopefully, Rachel won't put her in anything too couture. Simple hair and makeup also work the best on Jennifer.

20-11-2012
fashion insider

It would be a little too over the top to put Jennifer in all these garish couture gowns this award season when her movie isn't anything like that. Whether for premieres (that gold Hunger Games promos dress sticks with me) or for awards shows, it's very true that something has to be picked to fit the mood and the person.

I like that dress above on Leno, but what's with the hip area? Is it supposed to be wrinkled/bunched like that? She reminds me of a young Jennifer Aniston in looks.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence