How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyshambles View Post
okay I really don't get the big deal about her comments about her cat? I watched the interview and really didn't think it was offensive :S just a joke how they mixed up the cat's gender?
Her cat is a girl, but has a "masculine energy" so they call her Chaz. It is a pretty offensive and ignorant comment to make because Chaz is a transgendered man, not "a girl with masculine energy". I love Jennifer a lot and I think she's very talented, and up until now I've found her personality and humour refreshing, but what she said wasn't okay and I do hope someone pulls her aside and explains to her why her story was problematic. Ellen didn't look too amused so I'm hoping maybe after the interview she explained to Jennifer why the Chaz Bono thing is offensive, and JLaw can educate herself and become less ignorant and I can go back to loving her unabashedly

22-11-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Speaking of comments, I was reading her NY Times interview and she said this:

“I like making movies, but that doesn’t mean I want to watch a black-and-white, freaking boring” — here she amped up the sarcasm with an unprintable word — “silent movie,” she said.

I can't quite tell if she was joking or not. I know it mentions that she was being sarcastic, but it seems like a strange thing to say.
I think being in this industry and saying things like that is just disrespectful.
It was very rude and ignorant of her.
I remember someone said - when you keep silent you have more chances to look smart. I wish Jennifer knew that.

22-11-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineJane View Post
Her cat is a girl, but has a "masculine energy" so they call her Chaz. It is a pretty offensive and ignorant comment to make because Chaz is a transgendered man, not "a girl with masculine energy". I love Jennifer a lot and I think she's very talented, and up until now I've found her personality and humour refreshing, but what she said wasn't okay and I do hope someone pulls her aside and explains to her why her story was problematic. Ellen didn't look too amused so I'm hoping maybe after the interview she explained to Jennifer why the Chaz Bono thing is offensive, and JLaw can educate herself and become less ignorant and I can go back to loving her unabashedly
Thanks for clearing that up! I didn't know that Chaz Bono was a real person, now it makes sense!

22-11-2012
front row

No worries Chaz is actually Cher's son, so he's had to suffer a lot of ridicule and torment over years because of how public his gender identity battle has been. He's a very brave man, so Jen's story really left a bad taste in my mouth. I love Jen but I recognise her comment was uncool and I really hope her fans don't blindly defend what she said.

22-11-2012
tfs star

Quote:
I'm hoping maybe after the interview she explained to Jennifer why the Chaz Bono thing is offensive, and JLaw can educate herself and become less ignorant and I can go back to loving her unabashedly
Hmmm I feel the same way. She said something in the Vogue UK interview that made me think she was a bit ignorant - about why she hates shy people - but I put it down to poor journalism on Christa D'Souza's part. She's representing a huge brand now so she needs to be more careful about what she says and the views she puts across.

22-11-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
No worries Chaz is actually Cher's son, so he's had to suffer a lot of ridicule and torment over years because of how public his gender identity battle has been. He's a very brave man, so Jen's story really left a bad taste in my mouth. I love Jen but I recognise her comment was uncool and I really hope her fans don't blindly defend what she said.
I completely agree with you about this. What Jen said was not funny and also a bit worse because she said it on Ellen, who's gay and advocates for gay/transgendered rights, I really hope that someone told her that it wasn't amusing. Ellen looked a bit uncomfortable while Jen was making those comments, and I totally don't blame her! And I know part of the reason why everyone loves Jen is because of her lack of a filter but sometimes she needs to learn it's best not to say anything if it's going to be offensive or hurt other people. I'm still a fan of Jen's but I hope she doesn't make anymore silly comments like this, it could really ruin things for her.

22-11-2012
fashion insider

This is getting a bit OT. Some say that Jennifer Lawrence and Mila Kunis are this new breed of blunt, unabashed celebrity, that will say these off the cuff comments. Lawrence, though, has repeatedly said a lot worse than I've seen of Kunis. She's even said worse than Stewart which is a feat! There are things we may discuss or joke about amongst FRIENDS but to take that joke into the public (what does this say of her friends laughing at it?), i.e this Chaz Bono joke, when everything is scrutinized, who let her do this? Interview questions, whether print or video, are often OK'ed by a publicist so Jennifer as well as her publicist should have known Ellen would be asking about her cat and she must have rehearsed saying the Chaz Bono bit.

glitterpeacock said it best. She's now representing Dior. Some will argue to say Kunis lost her contract (this is still 100% unclear) due to many factors including sloppiness of attire and being boldly outspoken.

22-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
In Hawaii to film THG's CF and on holiday, 11/21

insane body! Reminds me of Scarlett Johansson

source: superiorpics forum

22-11-2012
fashion insider

Continued...

22-11-2012
fashion insider

Her body really is amazing.

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.

22-11-2012
fashion elite

She has an awesome bod!

I'm a pretty big fan of hers but I have to agree that a lot of the things she's been saying recently are very problematic. I'm hoping that someone around her is telling her what she said on Ellen was not right. I think it was in Vogue that James McAvoy said that her mum called her out a lot and I am hoping that she's done so again. I would hate her to be one of those stars who feels like they can say whatever they want because it makes them cool or edgy.
Posted via Mobile Device

22-11-2012
V.I.P.

I have to agree

she looks fit and healthy. Just naturally beautiful

22-11-2012
trendsetter

I knew I was in the minority, but at times she came across to me as a 'it's just a joke for crying out loud' brand of bully you see in secondary school. They don't realise that a lot of what they're saying is hurtful, insensitive, uncool or just plain dumb, especially as their close circle of fawning admirers never call them out on it. I hope she takes it down a notch or two, and actually thinks before she talks.

I hope she goes back to being blonde. Very few women look good with dark hair, and Jen is certainly not one of those.

22-11-2012
V.I.P.

although it's her job to be politically correct all the time, I think some of us are acting as if she is suppose to filter her feelings 24/7. She is a young adult and clearly still trying to enjoy her age while she can.

22-11-2012
V.I.P.

^Yes, but as an adult (young or whatever) you should know or at least be learning that not everything you think needs to be said out load or shared.

The blue bikini is lovely on her and I agree she has an awesome bod. I love the darker Katniss hair on her.
Can anyone ID the skirt she is wearing at the beach?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence