How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-01-2013
fashion insider

I absolutely loved what she wore. Her hair and make up was on point and her body just looks insanely good in it.

13-01-2013
V.I.P.

Jennifer Lawrence - 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards, 13 January 2013- tlfan.to

It was really red on the telly. This looks like a dark peachy here.

13-01-2013
fashion insider

The bust of the dress looks a little too point Madonna boobs to me, and the skirt is ENTIRELY wrinkled. The addition of the belt, however, was a good addition, the color looks great on her, and I love the hair.

13-01-2013
front row

She won!!!!

13-01-2013
rising star

She was great in Silver Linings Playbook a well deserved award. She looks pretty but I find the dress rather boring.

13-01-2013
trendsetter

This material is difficult to pull off because it always ends up looking cheap. The fit is good, but the pointy bodice as many of you have stated doesn't work. I'm glad she won though!

13-01-2013
V.I.P.

Don't care for the look, but I don't care. That was a great speech.

13-01-2013
V.I.P.

I think her dress is stunning! I prefer in solid bold looks like this one compared to patterned busy dresses that she has worn recently.

And I agree her speech was great... So down to earth and funny!

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

Her speech was funny, although the "I beat Meryl" comment was a bit, umm, hubristic and the humour didn't work for everyone. BUT most of her speech was awesome, like about her brothers and Weinstein.

I don't really like what she wore, but c'est la vie.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

^ People are going mental over that quote and it wasn't a diss it's from a movie - The First Wives Club.

Quote:
“What does it say, ‘I beat Meryl,’” is what Jennifer said when she stepped on stage.

It turns out, the talented young actress was actually quoting 1996’s “The First Wives Club.”
In the film, Bette Midler’s character says to Goldie Hawn’s character, “Once you were a terrific actress. You even got an Oscar to prove it.” Bette’s character sees and touches the golden statue in the scene, saying, “‘I beat Meryl.’ That’s what it says.”

But not everyone appears to be as versed in “First Wives” quotes as the 22-year-old Golden Globe winner, and they missed out on the joke.
I LOVE that she referenced that. True movie lover is Jennifer.

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

She brought it at last - what a lovely dress and the makeup/styling are so on point.

14-01-2013
fashion insider

I think her boobs are too big for the bust, but I like it with the belt - but the belt clashes with the earrings and bag.

14-01-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
After seeing her in Dior, I think this contract might the worst thing fashion wise! There´s something weird going on with the bust line, maybe her boobs are too big? she looks like Mazinger´s Aphrodite
When Ryan Seacrest asked her what she was wearing she said "Dior HC, I don´t know what does mean but I was told to say that" (paraphrasing) LOL So cute!
I do not find that cute but rather ignorant. she is their representative, at least she's taking their money so I do not believe that it would be too difficult to learn 1 french word..do not like that look

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
I do not find that cute but rather ignorant. she is their representative, at least she's taking their money so I do not believe that it would be too difficult to learn 1 french word..do not like that look
Oh please, I hardly think Dior is offended that she doesn't know what Haute means. The pics of her wearing their dress are all over the world, her job is done. And that's what I love about her, I truly believe she doesn't know what Haute mean and she's not ashamed to say it. The girl is real, and that's so refreshing in Hollywood.

And i'm insulted that people don't know that quote from The First Wives Club, that's like one of my favorite movies. God bless Jen for using it.

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

Well the funny thing is that I actually think she does know what 'haute' is, she's just doing that thing where she's trying trying to be goofy and relatable because, hey, most people don't know what 'haute' means in English unless you're a fan of foreign films and/or fashion. It reminds me of that Honey Boo Boo story. Like that ever happened.

If she really doesn't know what it means, well, lol. She signed a Dior contract.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence