How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-01-2013
.my prison is your brain.

She attended the Dior Haute Couture show in Paris last summer so she'd have to be sort of brain-dead to not have absorbed that word.

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

I just feel like she doesn't really care about these things. Yeah she signed a Dior contact, but I really don't think it was because she loves fashion or the brand.

14-01-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Oh now that point I agree with, I've made it before.

14-01-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
She attended the Dior Haute Couture show in Paris last summer so she'd have to be sort of brain-dead to not have absorbed that word.
Thank you. I think she's awesome, too, but I don't find stupidity or even playing stupid funny or cute. She can be funny without playing a ditz.

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
I do not find that cute but rather ignorant. she is their representative, at least she's taking their money so I do not believe that it would be too difficult to learn 1 french word..do not like that look
I think she was being playful but even if she doesn´t know what it means, I still find it cute that she would say it out loud.
Let´s not forget that we´re on a fashion forum and we take these words for granted but not everybody is interested in fashion and knowledgeable of terms like "haute couture".
Her contract with Dior is a two way street, they´re also gaining something from her.

Last edited by kokobombon; 14-01-2013 at 08:39 AM.

14-01-2013
front row

I found that comment disingenuous, she knows exactly what HC means, it's like she's trying to show the masses that she's one of them. It's just irritating, be real, you don't have to show exactly who you are, but don't actively be fake by saying pointless things you don't mean.

14-01-2013
scenester

Not a fan of that Dior GG dress at all. I'm not exactly sure what kind of material that is, but it always reminds me of cheap prom dresses no matter who designs it and this one is no different. Nevermind the chest area with the boob cups, the cut of the whole dress is weird and makes her body look super long and not in a good way. The jewelry and clutch don't seem to go with the dress, almost as if they forgot them and just gave her some randoms last minute. The hair is meh too lol she's a beautiful girl and I get what Dior's trying to do with her but their partnership doesn't seem to be the best choice fashion wise for her IMO

I'm glad she won tho!

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

E! Golden Globes Red Carpet (HD Screencaps)

Jennifer Lawrence

fashionscansremastered.net

15-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
^ People are going mental over that quote and it wasn't a diss it's from a movie - The First Wives Club.

I LOVE that she referenced that. True movie lover is Jennifer.
Cool info Label Basher; I've seen First Wives Club a few times but didn't catch the allusion, nor have I read any post-GG press, so I had no idea people were reacting to the quote. I just thought it was a nervous quip. She's quite comedic - I like!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

15-01-2013
V.I.P.

W February 2013
Photo by Alex Prager

epnebelle's twitter via GarageGlamorous

Last edited by kokobombon; 15-01-2013 at 07:32 AM.

15-01-2013
backstage pass

the fake tan and that shade of blonde look horrible

15-01-2013
V.I.P.

I love her dress even more seeing it in pictures than on tv, the color was beautiful and the shape was interesting, sexy and glamorous for a big gown and the belt was a perfect modern touch.

15-01-2013
front row

I was a bit disappointed in her GG dress because the bust looks all kinds of wrong to me... but in the sea of mediocrity that was the GG red carpet this year, her dress still wound up being one of my faves lol.

15-01-2013
trendsetter

I like the Dior gown she wore the GG, but I wish she had worn that black gown she wore recently at another awards ceremony instead. It's more edgy and creative, which is what too much of GG fashion is lacking these days.

15-01-2013
trendsetter

Wow that picture is not well done. Fake tan and a wig it seems?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence