How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-01-2013
.my prison is your brain.

I want to like this -- the minimal route and navy was a great idea in theory, but the dress is super boring and looks quite terrible at the bottom.

27-01-2013
V.I.P.

Was I the only one that noticed that she said "undescribable" during her speech? Sorry, my inner Chastain fangirl is being released here. Congratulations, though.

27-01-2013
fashion icon

^ I actually cried during her speech. That whole thing about the writer writing this book for his son so that he wouldn't feel alone totally made me well up. I'm such a sap. About her dress, yeah it's really boring though it did look nice on screen. It really did wonders for her figure on camera.

27-01-2013
V.I.P.

Disappointing look at the SAG. Zoe and company failed. I wish she had more fun with her red carpet looks. It's almost as if she's trying too hard to be all serious and actress-y.

Still, congrats. Glad she won. Loved her in SLP.

27-01-2013
front row

Did Jennifer Lawrence Rip Her Dior Couture Dress?

Marion's reaction was priceless though.
Quote:

"Trust Jennifer Lawrence to steal the show in the most endearingly goofy way possible. While heading to the stage to accept her award for Best Actress at Sunday night’s Screen Actors Guild Awards, the Silver Linings Star stumbled in her fresh-from-Paris Dior couture dress — and the result left both the audience and fellow Dior fan Marion Cotillard agog. As she recovered from her misstep, the bottom half of Lawrence’s dress appeared to separate from the top, leading many to wonder if it had ripped in two. Some further investigation leads us to believe that while the sartorial snafu certainly wasn’t supposed to happen, it wasn’t quite the gasp-worthy gaffe everyone thought. The dress, as it walked the runway at Monday’s couture show, features two distinct pieces connected by a sheer lining. In Lawrence’s version, the lining is hidden. Which is why we think the dress didn’t so much rip as perhaps get stuck under her heel and pulled down, revealing more than was intended. Take a look at our screencaps below and let us know what you think — if only for Cotillard’s priceless reaction."

You can check the images from that moment at the link below:

Source: http://www.styleite.com/media/jennif...-sag-awards/#5

27-01-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Disappointing look at the SAG. Zoe and company failed. I wish she had more fun with her red carpet looks. It's almost as if she's trying too hard to be all serious and actress-y.

Still, congrats. Glad she won. Loved her in SLP.
How can she have more fun? She has to wear Dior, can't really do much with it.

27-01-2013
fashion insider

Sites are already going abuzz with her dress ripping. If you look at HQ photos of her on the red carpet, it's clearly, as that bit described, a multi-layered Dior conflagration.

27-01-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
How can she have more fun? She has to wear Dior, can't really do much with it.
Dior does have fun, youthful gowns and suits she could wear. Most of her recent picks have been the more 'traditional established' actress red carpet stuff.

Gotta give her credit for not being ruffled by her gown tearing. Maybe she was so in the moment of winning, she didn't notice, but she went right on stage and seemed like her typical self.

I noticed when she and Bradley presented he had to help her walk across the stage (cuz she started stumbling) so there was definitely something wrong with the fit of that gown.

27-01-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
I noticed when she and Bradley presented he had to help her walk across the stage (cuz she started stumbling) so there was definitely something wrong with the fit of that gown.
actually! she started walking in the wrong direction (not the first time that has happened to her, i believe she did the same thing on jay leno once) and he was trying to get her to go the right way, hence the stumbling

27-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Was I the only one that noticed that she said "undescribable" during her speech? Sorry, my inner Chastain fangirl is being released here. Congratulations, though.
Instead of indescribable. Yes I noticed and winced, because I'm a nerd like that lol. Overall, I thought it was a great speech...funny, heartfelt, and humble. I'm now starting to believe she may really have a chance at the Oscars over Chastain.

About the dress, I hate it on her. Plus it didn't help that Amanda Seyfried had on a similar silhouette, color, and hairstyle as her.

28-01-2013
trendsetter

Why is she constantly being put in such mature outfits? She's in her early twenties, why not have some fun with her style?

28-01-2013
V.I.P.

The dress makes her look very short.

28-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlala View Post
Did Jennifer Lawrence Rip Her Dior Couture Dress?
Here's a gif that shows the sheer panel -

These are cute -

ONTD

28-01-2013
front row

That could only happen to her! I'm in love with her personality. She's like a little boy trapped in a bomb-shell body

28-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
Instead of indescribable. Yes I noticed and winced, because I'm a nerd like that lol. Overall, I thought it was a great speech...funny, heartfelt, and humble. I'm now starting to believe she may really have a chance at the Oscars over Chastain.

About the dress, I hate it on her. Plus it didn't help that Amanda Seyfried had on a similar silhouette, color, and hairstyle as her.
Sorry Chastain fangirls, but when it comes to the Oscar JLaw's odds have always been in her favour. Chastain was a close second behind her, but now after losing the SAG she's probably a distant third after Emmanuelle Riva.

I just don't think Dior is a good fit for Jen. I always find her to look her best in Prabal Gurun, Valentino, CK etc. Hopefully this contract ends ASAP so she can move on to something new.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence