How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-02-2013
V.I.P.

The dress is just okay but her hair and makeup looks pretty.

05-02-2013
front row

In my book, it is yet another unappealing messy look . I'm not a fan of the dress and that cut simply doesn't work for her. Not to mention that shock of hair...
When I look at her photos from last year's Oscars, I wish she would just keep it simpler.
I know that Jen is generally very hit or miss when it comes to fashion, but still I can't help feeling disappointed by the last looks.

05-02-2013
Meg
inspired contemplation

I agree with the comment about the makeup artist.

I think Jen is gorgeous - and she wears the no makeup look SO well. But because she had quite hooded eyes it can be hard to do a smokey eye on her. She also has a round face but stunning cheekbones - so she has a great face, but makeup can really look awry on her if not done well and I've just found her eye makeup especially this season to be too much.

05-02-2013
God Save McQueen

Rachel Zoe loves the fake tan. I love the dress she wore recently. I just wish her hair was a little softer

06-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieda View Post
Jennifer herself said "pants", not Piers who would have been caught saying something British, if that was the case. She clearly doesn't understand fashion if she thinks that part of her dress was "pants". How can anyone call it a wardrobe malfunction when the mesh was part of the dress and only got snagged, not showing the world her glory parts? The media needs something to latch onto besides the "colors" of the awards shows, I guess...
I didn't see the "wardrobe malfunction", just trying to understand what they were talking about for like 5 minutes in that interview.

I don't like the extension hair going on. I wish she changed to Cher Coulter instead.

Last edited by Buttercup; 06-02-2013 at 06:19 AM.

06-02-2013
V.I.P.

06-02-2013
trendsetter

Too bad she hasn't worn that to an event!

Last edited by girlyevil; 06-02-2013 at 04:11 PM.

06-02-2013
V.I.P.

She always aces it for television.. Why so many let downs on the red carpet?

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

07-02-2013
rising star

Yes I agree!
Jennifer looks way better in minimal but really architectual gown which also accentuates her curvy figure.Such as her coral Dior gown for this year's GG and of course the first red Calvin Klein dress for the oscar.Therefore in theory Dior by Raf Simons now is perfectly suitable for her.
Hey guys since the academys is just around the corner,let's do a wishlist for her.I bet she's gonna wear Dior this yer so I sincerely hope that this dree will be chosen.

stylebistro

Last edited by Lavieisashe; 07-02-2013 at 04:18 AM.

07-02-2013
tfs star

really loved her outfit on Conan, her hair too.

07-02-2013
V.I.P.

She's so real; I always get a very genuine vibe from her, and again on Conan.

Great outfit and hair too.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

07-02-2013
tfs star

Lily_Jo it's funny you mention that dress. It looked amazing but it seems she didn't consider it to be 'fashion' ....

from Vogue.co.uk:

Quote:
EXPECT something suitably dramatic from Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars dress: the actress has revealed that she's thinking less about comfort and more about impact this year.

"I have been thinking about it, we've got some sketches together, but nothing is decided yet," she told press at the Oscar Nominees Luncheon in LA. "Last time was comfort. [She attended the 2011 Oscars in a scarlet Calvin Klein column dress.] This year, I'm like, 'Suck it up, wear a corset'. I am going to go for fashion this time."

The actress is nominated in the Best Actress category for her role in Silver Linings Playbook, and has so far been present at every award ceremony on the calendar this year.

"That's the problem with the Oscars. They're always at the end where you are just exhausted from dressing up, so I never care," she said. "Now, I will. Fashion."

While there's debate over the style of dress Lawrence might opt for, there's little doubt over the designer. As the current face of Miss Dior, it's practically guaranteed that the 22-year-old will walk the red carpet in a Raf Simons' creation on behalf of the fashion house.

Either that, or, "I'm going to wear sweatpants," she joked. Watch this space.
Anyone else think this is the wrong mentality to have in dressing for these big events? Surely Rachel Zoe should be offering her more things she's comfortable in?

07-02-2013
fashion elite

I love Jen but I do agree that is a bad attitude to have towards fashion. Comfort and fashion go hand in hand and when you feel comfortable in a dress, it shows and as a result makes you look better. I mean it is obvious that she was comfortable in her 2011 Oscar dress and that made it memorable.
Posted via Mobile Device

07-02-2013
God Save McQueen

I wouldn't want her to wear that particular dior. It would look really good on someone tall like charlize, but I don't think it would do her any favors. Unfortunately, that is the only one that is gownlike that hasn't been worn from the collection. I doubt shell wear a short one, so it looks like thats it.

07-02-2013
V.I.P.

^What do you mean? That's from the collection that was only presented a few weeks ago.

I would personally pick either one of these for her:

And it would be quite refreshing to see a dress of this length being worn at the Oscars:

stylebistro

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence