How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-06-2012
tfs star

I don't think it's the lighting at all. I think the dress is made just for that purpose. Because it's so low cut, if she wasn't wearing that camisole you could see her boobs. I mean... is it just me and my folks who are old fashioned? Because she's not the first celeb I've seen dressed like that in front of their parents. It's not like I go to dinner with my mom wearing a hijab or anything, but she would never let me come out of the house with something like that on, not just because of her, but even more so because we're going to a public place...

27-06-2012
fashion insider

It's probably the flash from the cameras that make the dress so sheer. I don't think it's as bad with "normal" lighting. There's nothing wrong with that dress.

She's been looking great lately!

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.

27-06-2012
V.I.P.

Maybe she didn't know the dress would be see-through enough so we could see her thong (but seriously, knowing paparazzi have flash cameras, you would think...). but honestly, wearing thongs under dresses is a bit tacky. No offense Jen. And the exposed lace bra...she looks a bit grungy, and not in a good way.

Her mom is so pretty! They look a lot alike.

27-06-2012
fashion elite

I don't think she was dressing to show skin, specially with the temperatures this time of year. She probably just wanted to stay cool and be comfortable. Anyways, honest mistake.

28-06-2012
backstage pass

Wearing thongs under dresses is tacky? What the hell. That's the point of them. No one wants to see your panty lines. Visible underwear is tacky, period, if it's done on purpose, which it does not seem to be in this case. Save the haughty, judgmental tone for church.

28-06-2012
I don't know

"Silver Linings Playbook" - trailer

28-06-2012
fashion elite

^looks promising! loving it!

28-06-2012
backstage pass

^I agree! definitely looking forward to that

28-06-2012
fashion insider

It looks like a good comedy and as I thought she looks very natural in it.
Posted via Mobile Device

28-06-2012
tfs star

At first I was a bit hesitant about her in this role because I thought she was too young but she actually comes off very mature in the trailer. She also doens't look odd with Bradley too. The movie seems okay.

28-06-2012
trendsetter

I can't wait for this

28-06-2012
fashion icon

Jen looks fantastic in "Silver Linings Playbook" and I was impressed with Bradley Cooper too because I've never been a massive fan of his. But it looks like they make a great team.

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

Ohh it looks really promising! Hopefully the dance scene isn't super cheesy

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

The trailer looks good, and I agree that Jennifer and Bradley seem to have an on screen rapport. But, per usual, the trailer is too long and gives too much away. It should end at 1:45. I think I should go into trailer directing. :p

[Aside: one recent trailer that ISN'T overlong is the new Spiderman trailer - nice, short, enticing]

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

28-06-2012
tfs star

^^^OMG, I know. What is going on with these long trailers? Who started this trend and why? The point of the trailer is to entice, not summarize the whole film. I already know what's gonna happen in this movie and this is the first time I've ever even heard about it.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence