How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-02-2013
trendsetter

Her jacket at the airport is amazing.

08-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodanChloe View Post
Of course her dress will be costum. I would be surprised if it wasn't.
but it can be customized like the SAG dress (very minimal changes) and I was hoping for a brand new gown. like the Prada dress Diane Kruger wore to an event last year, it kept the vibe of the collection but the design was new

08-02-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by before View Post
^^I've been thinking about the differences in the contracts for the Dior girls. It seems like both Marion and Jennifer are required to wear Dior at major events but other girls like Natalie and Mila aren't. Maybe they have more flexible contracts? Natalie never wore any Dior during her Oscar run, even before the Galliano fiasco.
There's rumor (not confirmation) that Mila was let go of by Dior and since summer 2012 I don't believe she's had any red carpets to do that'd require her to wear Dior. Natalie almost always wears Dior most of the time, if not Rodarte and Giambattista. I'd also heard that Charlize was "overthrown" and a model took over the beauty line, so she no longer factors into the Dior equation. The only Dior that Natalie wore during awards season was last year, when she presented Best Actress at the Oscars (red polka dot, if you recall).

I, too, find it interesting how the contracts seem to be different from girl to girl, whether past or present.

08-02-2013
backstage pass

justjared

08-02-2013
V.I.P.

^ She looks great there. Sophisticated.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

08-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieda View Post
Jennifer herself said "pants", not Piers who would have been caught saying something British, if that was the case. She clearly doesn't understand fashion if she thinks that part of her dress was "pants". How can anyone call it a wardrobe malfunction when the mesh was part of the dress and only got snagged, not showing the world her glory parts? The media needs something to latch onto besides the "colors" of the awards shows, I guess...
if you read this article she knew what was and when she called it pants she was joking

Quote:
JENNIFER LAWRENCE has addressed the supposed dress "malfunction" that made headlines at the 2013 SAG Awards. The Vogue cover girl confirmed what many of us already understood, that her Christian Dior Couture gown did not rip - despite what was reported in the tabloids.

"It's the way the dress was structured," the actress explained. "It's a tiered dress, which I didn't understand until I sat down and saw my thighs through sheer material and thought, 'What's going on?!' So yes, that was a surprise, but not a malfunction".

The moment in question occurred when the 22-year-old made her way to collect the award for Best Actress, for her turn in Silver Linings Playbook. Lawrence stumbled as she left her table and pulled up the top layer of the skirt as she walked, exposing the sheer panel underneath - which many assumed was a rip in the fabric.

"It was supposed to do that, though. I planned it," she joked. "I was concerned people would start talking about the award that I won, and my acting, so I thought I'd pull a stunt just to get things back to where they need to be."
vogue.co.uk

09-02-2013
backstage pass

BAFTA Pre-Party

zimbio

Last edited by barbiestolemyDVN; 09-02-2013 at 04:17 AM.

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

that's one cute outfit at that party. it would've been even better if the pants were made out of a "thicker" material, but otherwise it suits her.

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

"I was concerned people would start talking about the award that I won, and my acting, so I thought I'd pull a stunt just to get things back to where they need to be."

hehehe love her!

10-02-2013
backstage pass

Leaving the Nozomi Dinner in London

jenniferlawrence.ru

10-02-2013
front row

WOW!! She looks amazing! Very sexy and sophisticated without being too aging or mature. Two thumbs up from me!

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

Finally!

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

Sexy and sophistacated dress and I like her hair pulled up like that.

10-02-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

Finally a showstopping look. She looks smoking hot in that Stella dress. It's sexy, elegant, it fits her like a glove, the color looks so rich against her skin , the makeup looks good and I love her hair pulled back like that in a simple knot.

10-02-2013
tfs star

Wow, she looks stunning! Absolutely love this look!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence