How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-02-2013
V.I.P.

^completely agree, I thought Bradley's character fed perfectly off Jennifer's because both were so well-played. More often I felt that Jennifer's character was so much more mature than she is in real life

11-02-2013
fashion icon

I feel like Jennifer would have looked better this awards season had she not signed a Dior contract. It seems inevitable she's going to wear another Dior at the Oscars and it will likely be another letdown.

11-02-2013
V.I.P.

^word.

11-02-2013
tfs star

Marion knows. Only recently has it worked in her favor.
She was probably in a worse position, with Galliano's best years behind him.

11-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineJane View Post
I know everyone's mileage varies, but I don't think it's correct to say that the only reason JLaw is receiving the buzz she is is because of Harvey. I've been following this movie since pre-production and remember crystal clear the kind of reaction it got after its world premiere at TIFF last year. People left the very first screening raving about JENNIFER, not anyone else. The general consensus was: "the entire cast is great. Lawrence is SUBLIME." Critics who attended the screening were declaring the Best Actress race already won as soon as they walked out the theatre. Well before Harvey started using his Weinstein "magic" to cement her Oscar campaign, Jennifer Lawrence was getting the most praise for her part and was instantly noted by experts as the frontrunner for Best Actress. Her buzz and her hype began the first time SLP's credits started rolling.
But I didn't say the ONLY reason she was winning is because of Harvey. What I meant, and probably I didn't communicate this clearly enough--my post is rather colloquial in retrospect--that I detect his influence. I never meant to imply that Jen's talent hasn't contributed to her accolades. It most surely has.

But I don't think there's any denying that Weinstein has a lot of sway, and without that influence I do wonder how lucky Jennifer would be this year. It's not that she isn't talented. I figured that she would probably be the first of this generation to win an Oscar and that it would probably happen within the next five years or so. It's just that she's up against other actresses in roles the AMPAS love to reward. Chastain is playing a real life character and Emmanuelle Riva is a veteran. Also, part of my opinion about this has very little to do with Jennifer herself and a lot to do with Harvey, who, obviously, likes to win. When he's attached to a project, my radar automatically turns on.

11-02-2013
trendsetter

Agreed with you chickadee. Jennifer does deliver a fine performance, but she's in a film produced by Harvey, and if there is anything Harvey owns (and probably tinkered in the Dark Arts of backdoor Hollywood to get), it's the recipe to winning awards.

I don't think Jen is a complete disaster in Dior, but she's not right for the brand yet. She needs a few more years. Right now, it's obvious she's new to fashion. She should be experimenting and finding her style. Then, if she decides Dior is for her, then do it. (I actually didn't know she was signed to Dior until I started following this topic.)

12-02-2013
V.I.P.

2013-02-11 - Flying out of Heathrow after the BAFTAs

celebrity-paradise

12-02-2013
scenester

Maybe people don't mean it that way, but I find all this Harvey talk so dismissive of her talent. Put in this years exact same field of actresses and take him out of the equation and I'm not sure you would be getting a different result - Chastain's role, as many critics pointed out, was very thin and purposely lacking in depth (I understand why, since the filmmakers couldn't afford to give much detail on that character - and as a great actress, Jessica did do the best with the little she had to work with) and also overshadowed by the very real ill feelings a lot of people, including some academy members, feel towards Zero Dark Thirty. Emmanuelle Riva is the type of performance the Oscars usually nominate but don't award (although I do think she has a real shot here, becoming the go to this year for people uncomfortable with rewarding a young newcomer like Jennifer), Quvenzhané, as charismatic as she is, is a kid, and I won't talk about Naomi, since I don't even understand why she was nominated.
I just... wonder what outcome people would anticipate without Harvey involved.

12-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Award talk has a thread in The Entertainment section:
Movie Awards Season 2012

I copied over some of those posts.

Please keep this thread about Jennifer's style.

Thanks

12-02-2013
fashion insider

Is she sucking her thumb?

13-02-2013
front row

i love that coat! can anyone id please? thank you!

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieda View Post
eeeewwww

13-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieda View Post
She's such a troll lol. Cute coat, though.

15-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Jennifer Lawrence leaves a building and holds up a script to hide her face on Thursday afternoon (February 14) in Los Angeles. The 22-year-old Silver Linings Playbook actress made a quick pit stop at the office to pick up the script before heading on her way. We wonder what project it could be for!

justjared

15-02-2013
backstage pass

coolspotters.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by babysweetums View Post
i love that coat! can anyone id please? thank you!
Coat is Burberry

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence