How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-02-2013
backstage pass

The others are even worse. Maybe they´ll modified one of the cocktail dresses for her.

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

What about these?

Spring 2013 HC

Fall 2012 HC

Pre-fall 2013

style.com

22-02-2013
fashion insider

I think she's going to go custom made.

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

i think she suits Dior, and it's nice to know that someone obvious isn't chosen. Miss Dior is targeted towards a younger girl, and who else would fit better for that audience than someone who is on an acting rise? I can't think of anyone else who is relevant and would suit it more.

Of course there is Saiorse, but she doesn't have the recognition that Jennifer has

22-02-2013
fashion insider

I haven't seen this casting news posted yet so sorry if it has. She's joining David O'Russell's Abscam pic.
Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Lawrence has been tapped to star opposite Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner in the David O Russell pic formerly known as American Bullshit, the drama written by Eric Singer and Russell about the ’70s FBI sting operation Abscam that took down a bunch of U.S. congressmen. That puts Lawrence back in business with Russell and Cooper, her cohorts on The Weinstein Company’s Silver Linings Playbook that landed them all Oscar nominations; she already has won the SAG Award and a Golden Globe for the role. She will play Bale’s wife in the Abscam movie, which is being produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle through Atlas Entertainment, which developed the film at Sony Pictures. The ensemble is being fully financed by Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures. Ellison also is producing and has been developing the script.
David O'Russell is on board to direct Ends of the Earth. I've heard that the script is insanely good and the female character is one of the best written female characters in years.
Quote:
The Weinstein Company acquired worldwide rights to David O. Russell’s upcoming project The Ends Of The Earth. Jennifer Lawrence, who is up for for an Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook, will star. Scripted by Oscar-nominated Argo scribe Chris Terrio, the film is produced by Todd Black, Steve Tisch and Jason Blumenthal of Escape Artists. Russell signed his deal last night, and Harvey Weinstein expects this to be close to Django Unchained in terms of the epic size and budget.

Lawrence just enlisted in Russell’s next film, the untitled Abscam film that also stars Bradley Cooper, Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner.

Black and Tisch said “Jennifer Lawrence is one of the most versatile actresses we have ever seen. Her performance in Silver Linings was transcendent and was truly the heart and soul of the film. Jennifer was basically asked to play 4 personalities — depressed, sexy, romantic and a wild dancer — and did them all brilliantly. After seeing that performance we knew we had our anchor for Ends Of The Earth. Her dedication to the craft and all those who work with her is inspiring and if she is the future of our business we are certainly in good hands.”

Russell added, “Jennifer possesses a self-deprecating humor that made all of the cast and crew feel at ease. She is that kind of person.” He went on to say, “She is the most dedicated person I know. She is devoted to her family and they have been the true inspiration for her character and integrity. Her acting is effortless and she always makes it look easy.”

The film is an American epic, fact-based love story about a powerful oil tycoon Ernest Marland, who has everything stripped from him after he is caught in an affair.
Both from deadline

22-02-2013
fashion insider

Not a fan of the Dior ads. They Photoshopped her body up the wazoo and I'm not buying her grace and beauty in the close-ups. Compared to the last Dior ads with Kunis, this is less styled and more so candid. I liked the Old Hollywood feel of the previous ads.

22-02-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

Seems like she's become David O' Russel muse in a way. Both of the projects sound good and we already know they work really well together so I'm excited.

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

Bigger pics, credit to just jared

22-02-2013
trendsetter

Those Dior ads are just awkward. They've stripped out all her personality. Plus, she doesn't look comfortable in the fashion.

I don't mind her as a brunette but I don't like the black-brunette she's been sporting. I like it more of reddish brown (like in SLP), or blondish brown.

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

^in honesty, her personality and today´s Dior don´t go hand in hand... but I really like this campaign so maybe I´m too biased

22-02-2013
fashion insider

This is high-fashion modeling. The model, in this case a celebrity, is styled to fit the brand. Dior doesn't need Jennifer's personality to sell their goods. Only her appearance. A celebrity endorser brings in the $$ by recognition alone. I see nothing wrong with this... but I'm still not a fan of this ad campaign for the overuse of Photoshop and it just not fitting with her. I'm not buying that she's this 22 yo elegant, classy woman of beauty and grace.

22-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
I think she's going to go custom made.
Same. And hopefully something that isn't strapless.

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

I'm going to throw out the prediction that Jennifer will wear this dress (easily the best of the S/S 13 HC collection) to the Oscars.

style

But satisfaction brought it back

22-02-2013
V.I.P.

I love the Fall 2012 HC dress catherine88 posted. I think it would look great on Jennifer, especially with the belt.

I also really love the one you just posted, eternitygoddess. I think that pale pink color would be a great choice for her.

23-02-2013
V.I.P.

Dior "Miss Dior" S/S 2013 Campaign without tags

facebook/dior

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence