How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-07-2012
.my prison is your brain.

It's so weird to me to see her at the HC shows, she doesn't seem like a girl who cares about fashion, but I guess being a Hollywood actress she is sort of forced, as they all are, to take an interest in it.

Don't get me wrong, she looks great at events in designer gowns, but I think she looks really awkward in that ultra-girly dress and styled hair at Dior, she should stick to minimal and sexy. She is more of a bombshell when she doesn't try at all.

10-07-2012
tfs star

I agree with you, as always HeatherAnne, 100 percent. She doesn't look half as good in either of those dresses as she does in a simple T-shirt and jeans.

10-07-2012
backstage pass

^ But you can't attend a HC fashion show in a t-shirt & jeans, can you?

10-07-2012
tfs star

^That's kind of beside the point.

10-07-2012
backstage pass

^ My point was what should she be wearing then? Sorry for not thinking she looks awkward styled like that.
And all that talk about not trying what the hell does that mean? Especially when going out to a HC show.

10-07-2012
fashion elite

I don't like her fashion-show looks - not the floral dress and her hair with the bangs and even less the blue dress...just doesn't seem to fit her "naturally" - I prefer her t-shirt look! I guess that she will find her red carpet style with time! she just started the whole game and she is so young! I didn't see her appeal for a long time but she is starting to grow on me, not that she would care

31-07-2012
tfs star

Sorry for resurrecting this topic weeks after the fact, but I hadn't kept up with the replies and I just wanted to make myself clear.

I can't speak for anyone else--and if I'm wrong, forgive me HeatherAnne--but I think what she was trying to say was that the pressure Hollywood puts on actresses nowadays to be fashionistas is unfair. They're actresses, not models. But it seems like in this day and age you can't be a young (or older, for that matter) actress and not appear at somebody's fashion show at least once a year. Why is that? Some girls legitimately aren't interested in fashion. And there's nothing wrong with that. Now, it's absolutely possible that I'm wrong about Jennifer and she is interested in clothes, but she doesn't dress that way.

When I said she looks way better in a T-shirt and jeans, I didn't mean just aesthetically. Aesthetically, she looked gorgeous at the HC shows. But that's not all it takes to make a look. Being uncomfortable on a literal and/or inner level can ruin a look. Ask anybody who's ever seen Kristen Stewart on the red carpet anytime over the last four years. She looks good in the blue dress, not least because of her confidence, but she is practically glowing in the candids with the gray shirt and black jeans. She looks comfortable, at ease, and most of all, it's just so HER. While she looks good in the blue and in the floral dress, it just doesn't fit her quite the way the candid look does.

That's all.

Edit: I just realized I reiterated what you said jormarlushka. So...yeah, pretty much what you said.

Last edited by chickadee; 31-07-2012 at 08:28 PM.

01-08-2012
.my prison is your brain.

YES!

Jennifer can't avoid attending fashion shows, it's part of the game now, so I don't place blame on her for it.

However, I do place blame on her stylist for making her look the way she did.

She does not need to wear these girly Lauren Conrad/prissy looks. She's this athletic, natural, bombshell who is inarguably a tomboy. She looks better in more Carolyn Bessette Kennedy/sleek minimal type looks, which reflect her personal style and show off her amazing body. Her styled hair there, blown dry to show each layer and curled bangs, was perhaps the biggest misstep. Look at the candid pictures of her in Paris, her hair looks a million times better in a more natural state.

I guess what it all boils down to is that I'm still waiting for another 2011 Oscars red Calvin Klein moment from her. Where she looked sexy, unique, and at complete ease.

01-08-2012
V.I.P.

That is true about actresses being forced to go to these shows. I'm sure it's a novelty for them at first (from growing up in Kentucky to attending a Miu Miu show), but I'm sure they get bored of it after a while. Assuming she isn't really interested fashion, I hope she doesn't do an ad campaign for the sake of it. We've seen far too many actresses do that nowadays and it's obvious they're just doing it because they were probably forced to.

06-08-2012
fashion insider

Jennifer's in talks to star in another Weinstein produced and distributed film.
Quote:
BREAKING: The Weinstein Company is tying up a deal for world rights to The Ends Of The Earth, an Escape Artists-produced package that has Jennifer Lawrence in talks to star. Aside from The Hunger Games success, she recently completed Silver Linings Playbook for TWC. Pic is a fact-based love story about a powerful oil tycoon Ernest Marland, who has everything stripped from him after he is caught in an affair with Lydie, his adopted daughter. The screenplay was written by Argo’s Chris Terrio, and no director has yet been set.

Harvey Weinstein, COO David Glasser and President of Production Dylan Sellers are in the middle of this, and Escape Artists’ Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing.
deadline

06-08-2012
I don't know

^I'm sure Woody Allen will have front row seats

06-08-2012
fashion insider

It's basically his life story.

08-08-2012
V.I.P.

After a photoshoot @ Hollywood Hills - 07/08/12

celebrity-paradise (posted by galahad)

08-08-2012
V.I.P.

Heads into the gym in Los Angeles, CA - August 8, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by piwai)

08-08-2012
fashion insider

She looks good in her gym wear but I really don't like her outfit in #133.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, jennifer, lawrence