How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-10-2011
V.I.P.

She's so gorgeous! She's also been cast in 'Labyrinth,' which is a miniseries based on a book by Kate Mosse. It also stars John Hurt, Tom Felton, Sebastian Stan, and Vanessa Kirby. It just started production this month in France.

01-11-2011
fashion icon

Wait... Jessica and Tom Felton are working together???? This is seriously some of the best news I've herd in ages. Two of my favorite British actors (well actually... two on my very long list of favorites ). And I just looked up info about that project and it seems really interesting. Hopefully it get's picked up in America too.

tfs star

A little off topic but tonight Downton Abbey season 2 will air in the Netherlands at 'Nederland 2', thanks to tvgids.nl.

So excited

12-12-2011
tfs star

She'll be in next Sunday's episode of Misfits - the Christmas Special.

V.I.P.

I like her raspy voice

01-01-2012
tfs star

Oh guys, there is a downton abbey thread here too, did you know? I didn't until recently, so I was a little absent from here.

Look what I just found, enjoy:

Credit: youtube.com, aube74.

01-01-2012
V.I.P.

She was in Misfitsī season finale reprising her role from last season
and in the second episode of Black Mirror, where she sings (@2:25)

04-01-2012
tfs star

And again a new video:

Youtube.com, aube74.

Honestly I really love this video, we get to know more about her as a person. However I don't think her voice is rapsy but hoarse (if that's the correct English word for it). I recognised in season two of DA it was even more hoarse than in the first season. It really gives me the creeps sometimes. In my humble opinion she needs some professional help with it, cause I think she is not using her voice well. I think this might become something that can turn into a negativity for her to book her. Don't get me wrong I adore her, she is an amazing person and talented it's just we hear her hoarse voice in all the movies she makes. She could improve using her voice in a better way.

Well, this is my honest opinion and don't hate me for being honest. There are more people not using their voice in a correct way, and I'm one of them

Last edited by twnv; 04-01-2012 at 03:30 PM.
08-01-2012
tfs star

SPOILERS for season 2!
Contains interview parts with Jessica:

Youtube.com, edwardianpromenade.

08-01-2012
tfs star

Another interview with Jessica (old one from September 2010):

Youtube.com, auke74.

22-01-2012
tfs star

Interview:

YouTube, aube74. Video above is also from aube74, typing error.

Last edited by twnv; 22-01-2012 at 02:09 PM.
28-02-2012
tfs star

Quote:
JESSICA BROWN FINDLAY may be one of the biggest stars of Downton Abbey - as well as appearing in Vogue last year - but now she has a new job modelling jewellery for Dominic Jones.

"I wanted the lookbook for this season to feel really English and almost aristocratic. I think the jewellery itself wouldn't look out of place in a museum, but at the same time carries my modern aesthetic," Jones told us. "Jess encapsulates all of these elements perfectly and is a timeless beauty."

The actress appears in a series of Gothic-looking photographs for the brands, modelling Jones' autumn/winter 2012-13 collection.

"I really enjoy using people I know and like in my lookbooks opposed to models, as it helps me believe in what I'm doing more when I can attach the collection to a person," Jones revealed. "Jess and I have been friends for a while now, we even had a brief spell living together. She's incredibly talented, beautiful, modest and fun... everything I could want from someone who represents my work."
from Vogue.co.uk

Quote:
Having previously cast Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine, punk-rock drummer Alice Dellal and model Lizzie Jagger in his campaigns, Jones was introduced to Brown Findlay after sharing a flat with her ex-boyfriend. The two subsequently became close friends.
"She's a real English Rose" Jones told us. "The collection is quite aristocratic and she was a perfect fit, she has a real natural beauty and is really engaging."
Jones said his new collection was inspired by tokens and trinkets which knights brought back from the crusades for their daughters. "They almost look like museum pieces" Jones explains, "but with a modern aesthetic."
Brown Findlay originally trained as a ballet dancer and was invited to dance with the Kirov Ballet at the age of 15, but her dreams were dashed when an ankle operation left her unable to dance again. She then turned her ambitions to painting, gaining a place at Central Saint Martins to study Fine Art, and enrolled in acting classes. She got down to the last three for the lead in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and will be gracing our screens again soon in the television adaptation of Kate Mosse's book Labyrinth.
She is joined in the campaign by Mary Charteris, the model niece of heiress and haute couture collector Daphne Guinness.

from fashion.telegraph.co.uk

image 1 & 2 from fashion.telegraph.co.uk

photos 3,4,5 from dominicjonesjewellery.com

V.I.P.

Nylon US May 2012

ebook-free-download.net

29-04-2012
V.I.P.

Not found of the photos from #27, honestly. Her face looks a bit weird.

31-05-2012
V.I.P.

2012-05-29 - At the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London

tlfan.to (posted by Preppie)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brownfindlay, jessica