How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2013
V.I.P.

New film!

Quote:
Jessica Chastain is attached to star in The Zookeeper’s Wife, the adaptation of the novel by Diane Ackerman.

Niki Caro has come aboard to direct the World War II story, which Panorama is financing and producing. The project is expected to hit the market in Cannes, according to several sources.

Scion’s Jeff Abberley, Tollin Prods’ Mike Tollin and Kim Zubick, and Rowe/Miller’s Diane Miller-Levin and Robbie Rowe-Tollin are producing on the movie.

Wife is the true account of keepers of the Warsaw Zoo, who helped save hundreds during the Nazi invasion.

When the Nazi army overran Warsaw, destroying the city and its zoo, Jan and Antonina Zabinski began smuggling Jews into empty cages. The Zabinskis also took about a dozen Jews into their home.

While danger was always present, and her husband was part of the Polish resistance, Antonina Zabinski kept a mix of humans and surviving animals (lynxes and hyena pups, among them) humming in a one-of-a-kind community that included socializing and even the occasional piano concert.

The book was published by W.W. Norton in 2007.

Angela Workman wrote the screenplay.

CAA is repping the project's North American distribution rights.

Chastain is coming off Zero Dark Thirty, for which she was nominated for an Oscar, and the surprise hit horror movie Mama. She will shoot a starring turn in Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak in the first quarter of 2014.

Caro, whose credits include Whale Rider and North Country, last helmed 2009’s A Heavenly Vintage (aka The Vintner’s Luck).

Chastain is repped by CAA, Mosaic and Hansen Jacobson. Caro is repped by Echo Lake Entertainment and Lichter Grossman. Workman is repped by Gersh and Stankevich Gochman.
Source: hollywoodreporter

01-05-2013
backstage pass

Darn, this woman is on fire.
Project after project and they all sound so good!
especially that latest one.
I need to read that book first.

Never seen this picture, it is from Met gala 2011
click it bigger!

chastain tumblr1.jpg
fu*kyeahjessicachastain tumblr

Last edited by Alma Kemp; 01-05-2013 at 10:01 AM.
01-05-2013
fashion elite

I hate the title of the project so I hope they change it as it sounds promising.

01-05-2013
V.I.P.

^ I don't like it either but since it's a book they probably will keep it to lure those fans in.

Is she still in Ireland? Any chance of her going to the MET Gala.

04-05-2013
V.I.P.

^ I really hope she shows up.

Another film, maybe.

Quote:
On Thursday, Deadline.com reported that Chastain will co-star in Christopher Nolan's upcoming science-fiction thriller "Interstellar" opposite Anne Hathaway and Matthew McConaughey. That notice comes just one day after THR revealed Chastain was attached to star in "The Zookeeper's Wife," and less than one month after Variety noted that Chastain was also in talks to star with Emma Stone and Benedict Cumberbatch in Guillermo Del Toro's "Crimson Peak."

Per Deadline.com, Chastain is the third lead in "Interstellar," which is set to arrive in theaters on Nov. 7, 2014. The project was first announced in 2006 with Steven Spielberg attached to direct; Nolan's brother Jonathan come on as screenwriter the next year. According to the initial reports, "Interstellar" is based on research performed by scientist Kip S. Thorne about wormholes, other dimensions and time travel. (Christopher Nolan came aboard to direct in January of this year.)

The Deadline.com report makes no mention of Chastain's other jobs, but the timing could work out: As Variety revealed, filming on "Crimson Peak" won't start until February of 2014 and "Interstellar" is likely to film before then. When "The Zookeeper's Wife" would go into production is not yet known, but the project will seek financing at the Cannes Film Festival marketplace later this month.
Source: huffingtonpost.com

04-05-2013
fashion elite

I assume she's still in Ireland as she just started filming about three weeks ago. I don't think she'll go to the Met Ball.

I'm so thrilled that she's going to be in Interstellar.

04-05-2013
V.I.P.

The girl is on fire.

But satisfaction brought it back
05-05-2013
V.I.P.

So I'm watching a reruns of Veronica Mars and who should show up but Jessica. She has hardly aged a day.

Not that excited about her working with Nolan. He can't write women but it's Jessica so I'm sure she will be solid.

05-05-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Almost fifty years ago, Elizabeth Taylor brought the magic and wonder of Cleopatra to film, thanks to her portrayal of the Egyptian goddess in the epic film. Now, in celebration of the anniversary, Cleopatra planned to partner with Bulgari to air the movie at the Cannes Film Festival in full—all four hours and eight minute of it!
In the midst of the millions of dollars and years spent creating the majestic tale two monumentous relationships were created: “Le Scandale” between Taylor and Richard Burton and what would turn into an ongoing partnership between the couple and Bulgari. Her collection of jewels from the Italian house is a wonder to review, cultivated with no expense spared. As Burton famously once said of his beautiful wife, “The only word in Italian she knows is Bulgari.”
In lieu of the beauty that was Taylor, Jessica Chastain has been tapped to host the screening at Cannes, wearing four different pieces by Bulgari during two different scenarios.
She always looks so wonderful at Cannes.

06-05-2013
V.I.P.

Cate and jessica! My favorite women!

08-05-2013
V.I.P.

Facebook updates:

Quote:
Ok so you guys wanted pics with the other actors, but I was too shy to ask them. So here is one of my costars in the film! She so sweet & makes A TON of noise. Makes me miss Chaplin. I wish it wasn't so difficult to bring a dog into the country.

Quote:
This is the great Joan Washington. She's an incredible dialect coach & I've had the pleasure of working with her on 4 projects; The Debt, Poirot, Coriolanus, and now Miss Julie. There's a lot that goes in to creating a character. Most people think it's juct the actor, but there's a huge team of help.

Quote:
60,000!!!!!!!!!! It's so wonderful! Can you believe that it's tripled since Christmas? Thank you all for contributing so much to this page. It's wonderful to read all of your comments.

Ok everybody, here's a pic for you. I guess I've always been on the creative side. What a goofy kid, right?

Jessica Chastain's Facebook

08-05-2013
V.I.P.

I just love this woman. She is so normal and gorgeous!

08-05-2013
V.I.P.

Aww what a sweetie pie.

11-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Thank you Cracco! We had a 10 course meal at this delicious restaurant. We were sat at a table in the kitchen with Carlo Cracco taking care of us. If you're ever in Milan, I highly recommend it. One of my favorite dining experiences ever.

Jessica Chastain's Facebook

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

Miss Julie first still:

screendaily

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chastain, jessica