How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-01-2013
V.I.P.

She was my favorite at the Globes, the color of the dress was so pretty and combined with her gorgeous hair it was perfection. She is a true movie star in every sense of the word

16-01-2013
V.I.P.

I finally found a picture of her walking in the stripper heels to see if my eyes weren't deceiving me. And I saw no Lena Dunham-style waddling when going up on stage, either!

celebutopia

16-01-2013
V.I.P.

I have a question, is there such a thing as being paid to wear clothes?

What I mean is, does Jessica's stylist set out outfits for her to wear when she goes to her play? The reason why I'm asking this is because jessica has always said she is very frugal and doesn't waste money on expensive things, yet she has a new (and probably designer $$$) outfit on every time she shows up to the theater. I don't think I have seen her repeat one outfit yet. So it just doesn't make sense to me that she would be very frugal yet throw away her money on designer outfits she's only wearing once.

I suspect she is either being paid to wear these by a stylist or she is getting them for free by the designer in hopes it will heighten their brand/profile. Is there any such thing going on right now like this for singers, actors, celebrities?

16-01-2013
V.I.P.

I don't know how it works, but I did see one episode of that Rachel Zoe reality show and Liv Tyler just came in and borrowed some casual clothes from her. Maybe it's the same with her? She does wear some things more than once (like the knee length boots and the Balenciaga bag in the last picture), but there new coats every day. And not cheap coats. We're talking about Dolce & Gabbana coats!

16-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
I don't know how it works, but I did see one episode of that Rachel Zoe reality show and Liv Tyler just came in and borrowed some casual clothes from her. Maybe it's the same with her? She does wear some things more than once (like the knee length boots and the Balenciaga bag in the last picture), but there new coats every day. And not cheap coats. We're talking about Dolce & Gabbana coats!

Exactly, that's why I was wondering because she's said in tons of interviews that she never spends money, wouldn't get a huge house, and that she still drives her 2006 prius. I don't know it just seemed odd that all of sudden she is wearing all the expensive things, off of the red carpet.

16-01-2013
fashion icon

Jessica is a gorgeous two-time Oscar nominee. I think designers are throwing clothes at her-- or her stylist at least. She's probably not paying for anything.

16-01-2013
V.I.P.

I love that blue bag. I didn't really like her GG dress. The colour was amazing on her, but I think it made her look droopy in the chesticles.

16-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
'Zero Dark Thirty' star Jessica Chastain sips on a coffee as she arrives at her Broadway play 'The Heiress' in NYC on January 16, 2013.

zimbio

16-01-2013
V.I.P.

I like everything except the sung glasses. They remind me of night driving glasses.

17-01-2013
I don't know

I wouldn't stand changing jackets and bags everyday, my things would be all over the place. I always feel disoriented switching bags.

17-01-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

That's some serious boots

Loved her dress at the GG, the color looks amazing on her. Yet as usual with custom made CK dresses I feel like something is missing in the execution of the dress. It also feels a bit ill-fitted but she looked gorgeous on screen.

17-01-2013
V.I.P.

Jessica Chastain - at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, January 16

superiorpics

17-01-2013
V.I.P.

She looks great here, love the heels.

17-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcottmanor View Post
I have a question, is there such a thing as being paid to wear clothes?

What I mean is, does Jessica's stylist set out outfits for her to wear when she goes to her play? The reason why I'm asking this is because jessica has always said she is very frugal and doesn't waste money on expensive things, yet she has a new (and probably designer $$$) outfit on every time she shows up to the theater. I don't think I have seen her repeat one outfit yet. So it just doesn't make sense to me that she would be very frugal yet throw away her money on designer outfits she's only wearing once.

I suspect she is either being paid to wear these by a stylist or she is getting them for free by the designer in hopes it will heighten their brand/profile. Is there any such thing going on right now like this for singers, actors, celebrities?
That is exactly how it works! Jessica probably has a stylist and knowing that Jessica will be seen out and about a lot en route to and from the theatre while she does Broadway, and knowing her current awards season buzz, she is given coats, dresses, purses to basically be a billboard for. Think of it as genius fashion marketing. The labels benefit because they're getting their clothes publicized and out there; Chastain is benefitting by wearing the latest stylish goods in her Oscar "campaigning", as you could call it.

Little of what you see on a celebrity, even in candid photos, is property of them. It's often stylist-chosen or gifted by the label by rental or for keeps, for the celebrity to wear it for marketing purposes. Off the top of my head, Amanda Seyfried, Mila Kunis, Anne Hathaway, and Emma Stone wear their actual bought clothing in the candids you see. Chastain, on the other hand, among others, has her closet afforded by designers and stylists.

Last edited by frieda; 17-01-2013 at 05:05 PM.

17-01-2013
V.I.P.

She looks so gorgeous at the Jon Stewart show, so jealous of her beautiful curls

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, august, chastain, february, jessica