How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-07-2007
front row

^

06-07-2007
V.I.P.

The six faces of John Krasinski
Tom Cruise and Julia Roberts are famous for their infectious smiles. John Krasinski, the 6-foot-3 actor who plays corn-fed paper salesman Jim Halpert on NBC's "The Office," is famous for his elastic face, a mug so fluid it launched a thousand clips on YouTube.

In fan montage after montage, see Jim smirk by the water cooler, watch Jim grimace in a company meeting or roll his eyes behind cubicle nerd Dwight Schrute's (Rainn Wilson) back.

But weeks before the show's fourth season begins, one can only wonder just how many classic Jim Halpert expressions Krasinski has in him.

Ken Kwapis, the director who gave Krasinski his break on the television series and made him his leading man in Warner Bros.' critically panned "License to Wed," which opened Tuesday, says Krasinski has an absolute, definitive number of facial moves.

"Six," Kwapis says, eyeing the actor as he pours hot water into a tea cup in a hotel suite in Santa Monica during an interview last month.

"Six?!" says Krasinski, slamming the china onto a coffee table. "You bastard."

Delighting in the chance to ruffle the leading man's self-admiration, the director continues.

"Well, I think, obviously, John has lots of good reactions," Kwapis says. "In fact, I always say this about John: He knows his way around an awkward pause better than anyone."

Krasinski shoots back: "I always say you're a drunk, which is weird.... I'm kidding. Don't print that. It'd be really bad."

The director shrugs it off.

"You don't have to," Kwapis says. "It's already in the 'License to Wed' production notes."

The actor and director stop the needling for an extended moment of mutual admiration, all too gratuitous and smarmy to mention here. But it should be noted that Krasinski was not the studio's first choice for "License."

"There was some fighting involved," Kwapis teases, refusing to name Warner Bros.' first choice.

"Mark Ruffalo," Krasinski quietly murmurs, like swearing at Bible camp.

"Sssssshhhhhh!" hisses Kwapis. "He was not even ..."

"AVAILABLE!" Krasinski bellows.

"Well, he wasn't on the top of the list," Kwapis offers.

"He'd be on the top of my list ... for ... all ... projects," the actor replies.

Krasinski is now working on "Brief Interviews With Hideous Men," his feature film writing and directing debut based on the David Foster Wallace collection of short fiction. And he will next be seen in a tight 1920s football uniform in George Clooney's "Leatherheads."

Kwapis begins shooting his next feature, "He's Just Not That Into You," for New Line this fall. The two plan to shoot the season premiere of "The Office" together later this summer, at which time Krasinski's camera-loving mugging will surely resume.

Here are the "six faces of John Krasinski" photos that go with the article.

The Grimace

The Smirk

The Depression

The Happy

The Worry

The Bored

latimes

16-07-2007
V.I.P.

2007 Summer TCA Tour - Day 7
gettyimages

20-07-2007
V.I.P.

First "Leatherheads" Movie Still

Here is the first movie still from screwball comedy Leatherheads, a fictionalized account of the origins of the NFL.
George Clooney plays the coach of a wannabe pro football team in the 1920s.
The Office’s John Krasinski plays the World War I hero/star football player.
“At that time, the NFL was just a bunch of guys smashing heads in cornfields,” Krasinski said. “(He) realizes that if he can get a star college player, more people will come to see these quote-unquote professional teams.”
Renee Zellweger gets caught in a love triangle with Clooney and Krasinski’s characters.
Joked Krasinski: “All the ladies can rest assured, George Clooney will always win. I’m no match for him.”
Leatherheads, directed and co-written by Clooney, is set for a Dec. 7 release.

justjared

21-07-2007
windowshopping

i love this guy! he's so adorable.

07-08-2007
rising star

Brace yourselves for some adorable pictures of John Krasinski from when he was younger....

Quote:
credit: Popsugar.com

Showing you John K's Senior Picture was just the beginning. My older brother was friends with The Office's John Krasinski growing up in Newton, MA (not to mention Ryan the Temp also went to our high school -- random) so I knew him when I was young too. When I was recently back east looking through family photo albums and came across some little John K, I just had to share them with you. I'm not sure of his exact age in either one, but he was obviously happy to steal the show in my brother's birthday party group picture. Too funny.

Since I'm going out of my way to show slightly awkward John, I will embarrass myself a little bit too -- that's me in the black & white stripes making my best Jim Halpert face at the bottom there. Obviously, I was hot stuff with my enormous glasses. If that's not enough cute John for you, check out Buzz's interview with him where he even talks about JAM (yay). Do you have a good celebrity sighting story to tell? Join our Celebrity Sightings Group and post your stories and pics. We will feature user submitted celebrity sightings on PopSugar!
Also, he's wearing a Michigan wolverine hoodie wooo!

07-08-2007
front row

^hahahhaa. adorable. why don't kids look as awkward nowadays?

07-08-2007
V.I.P.

omg those pictures are SOOO cute, thanks so much for sharing
love the awkwardness

20-08-2007
V.I.P.

new pictures up at justjared.com
wont post them though because they are scenes from the premiere of the office season 4

20-08-2007
front row

^yea to "jim" hair growing back!!

and i literally laughed out loud at the computer at steve...michael scott is SO in his element. haha

02-09-2007
V.I.P.

Shrek the Third Interview and Behind the scenes

Random picture

Screencaps from the movie A New Wave

johnkrasinski.fan-sites.org

16-09-2007
V.I.P.

Emmy Awards
wireimage

27-09-2007
V.I.P.

Behind the scenes video with "Pam and Jim" at their EW magazine shoot, they are so funny
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1213810306

28-09-2007
front row

^ i have watched that video maybe about 10 times. sad? yes.

28-09-2007
V.I.P.

the video is hilarious!

i love how much chemistry those two have on and off the camera

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
john, krasinski