How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-11-2005
tfs star

above dress from Dolce and Gabbana

13-11-2005
tfs star

at the Mona Lisa Smile premiere
from AboutJulia.com

13-11-2005
V.I.P.

She has a rather bland sense of fashion, but I do miss seeing her in movies.

13-11-2005
V.I.P.

I think the black dress at the recent Academy Awards was designed by Dolce & Gabbana.

13-11-2005
rising star

Ohhhh Julia!! I love her!!!
I think sha has such a particular and personal beauty noone will ever reach. her face is just unique! I miss her!

13-11-2005
backstage pass

Wahey! Julia desreves a thread

13-11-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Her and Benjamin made a beautiful couple. Loved seeing those two at the time.

I think Julia's style is along the lines of Jennifer Aniston's. I mean, they don't dress exactly the same, but they're both conservative, to an extent, and wear clothing that suits them. If there had to be a style icon between the two, Jen would win, but Julia has, for the most part, made smart, safe choices.

13-11-2005
tfs star

well said Erin...she's not edgy, but not completely mainstream. Too eclectic to be minimal like say Gwyneth..., but "stylish" in her own right. I'm just surprised to see one of the "biggest stars" not have a thread.

14-11-2005
tfs star

She was soo beautiful in Pretty Woman, but then... She isn't ageing well imo.

14-11-2005
fashion icon

I love it that she doesn't give a damn about what she wears and yet is/was the biggest movie star of her time.

14-12-2005
backstage pass

Julia's got a endorsement deal with Gianfranco Ferre
Didn't see this posted anywhere:

Ferre Nabs Julia Roberts for Ad Campaign
Godfrey Deeny Tue Dec 13, 1:07 PM ET

Fashion Wire Daily - Paris - In a major coup for Gianfranco Ferre, the Italian fashion house has confirmed signing Roberts for its next ad campaign.

Matter of fact, Roberts is busy shooting the campaign right now in Los Angeles, with Mario Testino on the other side of the camera.

The deal covers the European Union, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Japan, the Far East and Oceania, but does not include the US.

The news comes in the wake of the recent Hollywood Reporter's classification establishing Roberts as the best-paid actress in movie land, earning $20 million per film.
The campaign marks a major departure for Ferre, who has traditionally used models in his ads.

"I think the time for muses has come and gone. My source of inspiration is modern-day reality, women who live in today's world. Yet there are some who better than others match my own purely personal ideal of femininity. In the now so multifaceted realm of glamour and allure, both as a woman and as a personality Julia Roberts in my eyes reflects a total affinity with this ideal of mine," Ferre explained.

The American star's Ferre ads are for the Spring-Summer 2006 season and will roll out in magazines internationally starting February.
Roberts has never attended a Ferre show, but she personally once did buy a pinstripe suit by the Italian designer in his Beverly Hills boutique.

"What enchants me most are her presence and manner, her way of being energetic and calm at the same time and her naturally aristocratic self-possession," the designer added. "I love her smile: open, direct, inviting and at the same time captivatingly shy. And I adore her vitality, her natural ease, and her free spirit. Everything about her makes her the authentic Ferre woman."

Ferre's view is, of course, very much at odds with opinions allegedly expressed by his fellow Italian designer, Valentino. In September, German weekly Die Zeit reported that Valentino had unfavourably compared contemporary icons like Roberts and Cameron Diaz to glamorous stars of the past.

"Today you see Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz running around looking unkempt in jogging trousers, they look like bag ladies, like homeless people. In the past you never saw that," Die Zeit quoted Valentino as saying.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/fwd/20051213...or_ad_campaign

Last edited by sandra; 14-12-2005 at 11:46 AM.
24-01-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
"Today you see Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz running around looking unkempt in jogging trousers, they look like bag ladies, like homeless people. In the past you never saw that," Die Zeit quoted Valentino as saying.
Oh, whatever.. it´s nobody´s business how they dress, no one would even know if it weren´t for creepy paparazzis.

24-01-2006
V.I.P.

She is a great actress. I love watching her in movies.

25-01-2006
backstage pass

TEDDYANDMOO

18-03-2006
rising star

she is in the new Ferrè campaign now!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
julia, roberts