How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-07-2012
V.I.P.

i realized that the moment i see kate wearing some of the stuff lets say kirsten dunst wears on daily basis, it just looks so fake and "trend-ish". it crossed my mind upon seeing these wonderful brown sandals. or those marant boots, kruger wears them 24/7 and they never stand alone, they're always a part of an outfit, but with kate all i can think of when i see them is "marant! marant"" and it looks so forced, like she wears them for the sake of them being marant. for some reason and this is just my (minority) opinion, in the last year or tad more, she totally lost that naturality to her style. everything looks carefully planned and picked out for the sake of the clothes, not herself. it's like metaphysics not pure personal style. sorry if you can't understand what i wanted to say...

/rant done

02-07-2012
V.I.P.

i love that brigitte bardot t-shirt.

02-07-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
it looks so forced, like she wears them for the sake of them being marant. for some reason and this is just my (minority) opinion, in the last year or tad more, she totally lost that naturality to her style. everything looks carefully planned and picked out for the sake of the clothes, not herself. it's like metaphysics not pure personal style.
Oh I thought the exact same this morning when I came on this thread, like she always seems to look styled, even in a fairly casual outfit. Something just doesn't seem natural about her anymore and I can't put my finger on why, as like you say, seeing someone else in these things wouldn't normally cause that reaction

03-07-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
i realized that the moment i see kate wearing some of the stuff lets say kirsten dunst wears on daily basis, it just looks so fake and "trend-ish". it crossed my mind upon seeing these wonderful brown sandals. or those marant boots, kruger wears them 24/7 and they never stand alone, they're always a part of an outfit, but with kate all i can think of when i see them is "marant! marant"" and it looks so forced, like she wears them for the sake of them being marant. for some reason and this is just my (minority) opinion, in the last year or tad more, she totally lost that naturality to her style. everything looks carefully planned and picked out for the sake of the clothes, not herself. it's like metaphysics not pure personal style. sorry if you can't understand what i wanted to say...

/rant done
i feel the same sentiment. it leads me into thinking she wants to be recognized as a style icon rather than as an actress. also, i wonder why she doesn't have fashion clout and influence like Alexa Chung's does?

btw i like her white denim shorts. she really looks cute in them.

Last edited by RNA girl; 03-07-2012 at 07:48 AM.

03-07-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNA girl View Post
i feel the same sentiment. it leads me into thinking she wants to be recognized as a style icon rather than as an actress. also, i wonder why she doesn't have fashion clout and influence like Alexa Chung's does?

btw i like her white denim shorts. she really looks cute in them.
someone hit the nail on the head earlier by saying her style lacks a certain naturalness. unlike before (say 2006-10), she breathes effort and her daily looks come across as contrived and forced. whereas alexa... granted she's a bit guilty of copying herself at times but there's still a freshness about her that bosworth lacks.

regardless, kate's a pretty girl and she does have nice clothes.

03-07-2012
V.I.P.

I love all these little dresses and those Chloe sandals are cute but I just can't concentrate on her style these days.

Last edited by Party_Vixen; 04-07-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: off topic

03-07-2012
V.I.P.

Cute boots at the airport (i think).

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

03-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
I love all these little dresses and those Chloe sandals are cute but I just can't concentrate on her style these days. Bring back James, please.
She's the new GOOP.

I agree, her style looked much better when she was with James. I think the new guy would look better if she allowed him to dress himself and took away his life time supply of hair gel

03-07-2012
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbryony View Post
Oh I thought the exact same this morning when I came on this thread, like she always seems to look styled, even in a fairly casual outfit. Something just doesn't seem natural about her anymore and I can't put my finger on why, as like you say, seeing someone else in these things wouldn't normally cause that reaction
I started to think the exact same thing around the time she came out with Jewelmint. I used to like her all clean effortless style and then she was wearing a bunch of accesories that looked like too much. I figures she was promoting her line, which is the greatest idea but they didn't make sense to me. I guess it's affected her likeability at least for me. Rachel Bilson has a mint line too, but you dont see her wearing only Shoemint shoes all the time, right?

I don't see the point on her being compared to Alexa stylewise bc they are completely different IMO.

04-07-2012
front row

never meant to compare her style to Alexa's. my point is why she doesn't have fashion clout? i prefer Kate's style to Alexa's. that's why i'm curious.

Last edited by RNA girl; 04-07-2012 at 02:11 AM.

05-07-2012
V.I.P.

I love all her latest outfits except those oldish/boring brown sandals.

05-07-2012
V.I.P.

She’s always up for a good time, and earlier today (July 5) Kate Bosworth attended the Mercedes Benz Berlin Fashion Week runway show for Hugo by Hugo Boss.
Celebrity-gossip.net

05-07-2012
V.I.P.

Classy and beautiful!
Posted via Mobile Device

05-07-2012
front row

love it

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, april, bosworth, kate