How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-01-2009
i'm almost ready..

okay there is something to be said for taking risks and kudos to her for doing that but i guess when you take a risk you are willing to fail and in this case i think she may have done that...of course that's subjective but to me this look is just so tacky and unflattering.. it does her no justice at all.. nothing works about this look imo.. but again credit to her for trying

11-01-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamoholic View Post
A. She sounds " English" because of Orlando.
B. She's had lessons ( like many actresses) to neutralize her accent.
Orlando shouldn't affect her accent at all... I'm Canadian born and schooled, dated British men, lived abroad in England and my entire family (except me!) has an English accent... yet I don't sound nearly as affected as Kate does.
Also, I would argue she NEEDS lessons to neutralize her accent - it's certainly not neutral at all.

11-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ Those were just thoughts the thread came up with. If you have your own, it would be cool to hear them.

Also, you might sound more English than you think! lol! I don't think we really notice our own accents. Like, to anyone outside Scotland I sound Scottish, but to everyone in Scotland I sound American! My accent is a big mess!

I don't think Kate is " putting on" being English though. Honestly, I think a lot of actors go more British if they're trying to be articulate. It's weird!

11-01-2009
V.I.P.

I actually thought she sounded australian... I truly thought she was australian for a very long time

But I have to agree with strawberry... I'm pretty sure accents aren't just developped like that through being around being who have different ones. It usually happens when you are young, or first learning the language...

11-01-2009
rising star

My two cents - as an American who has spent extended periods in England, her phony accent is like nails on a chalkboard - I had to turn off the Kimmel clip. It sounds more Australian to me than anything, but either way it's terribly obnoxious and put on.

11-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ Fair enough, I was just restating and supporting what was said by other people earlier in the thread.

I don't really understand why she would fake being British on an American talk show though! I mean, is it suddenly cool to sound British??? Seems weird to me. Also, it was just SOME of her phrasing that actually sounded British guys! As a Brit I have to tell you, that wasn't very British or English at all! It just sounded weird and, yeah, I agree, more posh Aussie than anything else.

Last edited by Stamoholic; 11-01-2009 at 08:07 PM.

11-01-2009
rising star

^^ I agree with your points as well, posh Aussie it is My main issue is the same - she doesn't need to do that! The girl is stunning and stylish. Whatever.

12-01-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The cheese stands alone here, I don't hate the latest outfit... I would prefer it sans tights and the sleeves, without that I think it would be lovely

12-01-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

her face is, as always, perfection...

katebosworthforums

12-01-2009
trendsetter

What the hell! I really don´t like the dress and her hair. But her face is always beautiful!

12-01-2009
V.I.P.

Gah! I'm sorry, but to me her face looks scary there, not perfect. That's just me.
And she's always putting on accents to try and be more posh. We all gab about it for a few pages and then it goes back to when is she ever going to work again.

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ What would this thread be without the Captain? :p

13-01-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Pleasant?

:p jk

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

not a fan of her dress or the tights. and i agree her face looks ,well ,scary.

13-01-2009
backstage pass

i agree with Captain and McClaire. she looks possessed on this picture IMO. i like the stella cover.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2009, bosworth, january, july, kate