How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-01-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Anne View Post
I actually thought she sounded australian... I truly thought she was australian for a very long time

But I have to agree with strawberry... I'm pretty sure accents aren't just developped like that through being around being who have different ones. It usually happens when you are young, or first learning the language...
I disagree. I'm Icelandic and I should therefor have a very strong Icelandic accent when I speak English but accordingly I channel different accents when around English speaking people. When I'm speaking to a British friend of mine; he is always amazed that my English is so "British" and that I even use British slang without realizing it. I even say 'ring me' or 'phone me' instead of 'call me'!

When I'm speaking to a South-African friend of mine; my accent channels his without a doubt and it's the same when I'm speaking to a friend of mine from USA - I autamatically get a very American accent then.
But when I speak English around other Icelandic people; I get a very mixed and weird sort of accent. I'm told it sounds like British, Scottish/Irish and American.

But I don't know what any of this endless accen-discussion has got anything to do with Kate's style ...

I've been thinking about the last outfit and I must say that I think it does indeed look very tacky and awful and it has absolutley not grown on me.
Her face is gorgoeus though.

13-01-2009
tfs star

yes, this are rare pic where are i don't especially like the oufits, but i do like hair and the make up...

13-01-2009
trendsetter

Latest outfit has caused a fury. I kept going to earlier and earlier pages on this thread, treading over critical comments, until I finally saw the dress. Truthfully, I don't think it's as bad as you guys had braced me for, though it'd be even nicer without the train and tight hairdo.

Regarding her accent, two things. It's true that accents don't change easily after a certain age, but it's different when your partner has the same native language as you, but is from a different region. Then it's very common for your intonations and mannerisms to be affected, and Kate's had longterm relationships with an Australian and an Englishman.

Secondly, she grew up in WASPy parts of Connecticut and Massachusetts, and has referred to herself as a "blueblood". To Americans, that usually indicates a patrician upbringing, and the typical accent does sound rather British in many ways.

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ Well said, both to GasolineRainbow and Nimue! I think we can probably close the subject with such fantastic summaries! Thanks!

13-01-2009
fashion insider

Personally I liked the dress, i thought it looked lovely. Might have been better sans the tights, but I still didn't think it was horrid!

But I agree with you GasolineRainbow, accents can be picked up, one of my mate's sister's, married an english man, and while the dated she picked up the accents and mannerism. It is to where people can't tell she's not british. So people can pick up on accents easier then others. I know it's quite easy for me to pick them up.

13-01-2009
windowshopping

Omggggggggggg No, Kate please

Kate Bosworth and her date for the night, film financier Ryan Kavanaugh, were seen getting cozy at Saturday’s Art of Elysium charity gala in Los Angeles.
Kate, 26, and Ryan, 34, were spotted holding hands during the event, which Ryan co-chaired with Balthazar Getty’s ex Rosetta.
Page Six reports Kate already broke up with model James Rousseau. The gossip column also reports at the after-party at the Edison club, Ryan was again spotted holding hands with Kate.
Kate’s publicist tells JustJared.com that Kate is “just friends” with Ryan, who is the chief executive of Relativity Media, a private production and financing company.
Kate was last spotted together with James Rousseau on December 18.

JustJared

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ Aww, that sucks she's not with James now!

I don't want to be mean but... Kate and Ryan Kavanaugh?? That's the weirdest looking couple ever!

13-01-2009
rising star

I'm really hoping it's just speculation, she gets cosy with her costars and friends all the time. Plus, there's a picture of her and Gerard Butler at the event too, why couldn't they be the ones dating now? Until I see pictures of her and Ryan (blegh! total downgrade from James) kissing, I'm not buying it.

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ Me either. I kinda hope she's not broken up with James! I hope that's just a rumor too.

13-01-2009
trendsetter

Kate and James seemed very much in sync in the most recent candids, it doesn't take a body language expert to see that. Unless something drastic and sudden happened to end their relationship, this seems like a silly rumor.

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

kate and james are so good together..please say it is not true!

13-01-2009
trendsetter

I'm not going to believe it until I see pictures of them kissing.

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

Yeah, I think it's bull. She looks so uncomfortable in the pics with him anyways

I really like the dress but I don't like her hair up like that

14-01-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I wouldn't be surprised if she had broken up with James, but anyway.

Apparently she was stepping on the train of the Nina Ricci dress at that event That would have been so frustrating!

14-01-2009
trendsetter

Pictures from Art of Elysium Charity Gala:

source: justjared.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2009, bosworth, january, july, kate