How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-04-2011
she had boys in her room

A stylist for Coachella? Embarrassing.

15-04-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Agreed. But then again, since she is likely to never have the need to worry about an Oscars moment, she will always have her yearly (and three whole days) Coachella moment... so take that, real actresses!

In other news, she is set to star in a film adaptation of Kerouac's Big Sur:

Quote:
Kate Bosworth, Josh Lucas & Jean-Marc Barr Head To ‘Big Sur’ For Michael Polish

Kate Bosworth, Josh Lucas and Jean-Marc Barr will lead an adaptation of “Big Sur” starring as Billie, Neal Cassady and Jack Kerouac respectively. Michael Polish (who seems to be doing this one solo from his frequent collaborator and sibling Mark) wrote and will direct the semi-autographical tale about Kerouac’s battle with fame post-“On The Road,” his battle with drugs and his relationship with Cassady’s mistress Billie. Anthony Edwards, Rahda Mitchell, Balthazar Getty and Henry Thomas round out the somewhat eclectic cast.

For this writer, Michael Polish has been a director with a lot of promise who doesn’t always come through on interesting concepts (”Northfork,” “Twin Falls Idaho”) and sometimes takes bizarre detours into mainstream work (”The Astronaut Farmer”). He’s also got two completed films—“The Smell Of Success” with Billy Bob Thornton and Ed Helms and “Stay Cool” with Winona Ryder, Hilary Duff and Chevy Chase (for real)—sitting around somewhere waiting for release. So we’re not sure what to make of all this, but Beat fans certainly have a lot to look forward to. Production on “Big Sur” is already underway.

indiewire

15-04-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

I'm quite disapointed that she needs a stylist for Coachella, but I still look forward to see what she's gonna wear.

15-04-2011
girl who fell to earth

i feel like she probably uses her stylist for everything, doesn't she?

whether it's putting together a group of outfits for casual wear or formal specific outings...
especially since they're friends? wouldn't she want her opinion...
also, she knows she's going to be photographed so she doesn't want to risk styling herself?

15-04-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

Well I think asking for the opinion of a friend on your outfit, and let him find the inspiration, the pieces and put them together are two different things.
But I a gree w/ you on the fact that she must use a stylist on a daily basis. Which means that she shouldn't take all those credits for her cool, effortless, easy and chic sense of style.

15-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu-pt View Post
^ Love the look!!! And am obsessing about those boots!!
Me too! hair, sweater and boots all fab on Kate!!

15-04-2011
V.I.P.

agreed

15-04-2011
trendsetter

VivaciousCohen,
I've been searching the net high and low for those boots and still didn't get any luck!!

15-04-2011
trendsetter

Kate is between the best dressed of the week @Vogue.UK

15-04-2011
fashion icon

I'm not surprised she has a stylist for Coachella. The place is swarming with pretentious hipsters who are only there to check out each others outfits. Most of the celebs tweeting about it are only going for the photo-ops.

15-04-2011
V.I.P.

^ I was about to post something similar to that statement. People are obsessing over what celebs are going to wear to the music festival, and the celebs are equally obsessing over their own outfits. It's so easy for the world to forget that it's actually about the music (or was), hence the name Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. So my point is, stylist or no stylist, everyone is going to this place to see and be seen.

15-04-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu-pt View Post

VivaciousCohen,
I've been searching the net high and low for those boots and still didn't get any luck!!
I just won an auction on ebay with them. Try the french one. Alternatively, I know that The Shop at Bluebird is getting them again in June.

Regarding stylist or no stylist, I have no problems with it. It might not be the Oscars but it's still an event where she knows she'll be photographed. I never really put much stock in "style icons" being people who style themselves. Usually there is a stylist behind it, whether people are open, or at least don't try to hide it by pretending like they don't have one... which I find more annoying.

Last edited by advo; 15-04-2011 at 06:13 PM.

15-04-2011
fashion elite

I think what turns me off about her style lately is that it doesn't seem natural. It looks like clothing that are carefully chosen and pieced together. She's a walking advertisement like one of those magazine editorials where the set up is a model being photographed by the paparazzi. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, I just like it when a little personality is interjected. I feel like I'm getting Cher's personality. Look at Kate's style before Cher and now and you'll see what I mean. She's basically a stylists mannequin.....still she occasionally she'll wears something really cool and it doesn't matter.

15-04-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjane View Post
I think what turns me off about her style lately is that it doesn't seem natural. It looks like clothing that are carefully chosen and pieced together. She's a walking advertisement like one of those magazine editorials where the set up is a model being photographed by the paparazzi. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, I just like it when a little personality is interjected. I feel like I'm getting Cher's personality. Look at Kate's style before Cher and now and you'll see what I mean. She's basically a stylists mannequin.....still she occasionally she'll wears something really cool and it doesn't matter.
I liked Kate's style best when she was with James. I don't know when she began working with Cher, but I think she was already working with her back then. But I still really love her red carpet style (usually - it's always been hit & miss for me with her) and I still often like her everyday style.

15-04-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjane View Post
I do agree that head to toe looks in the same designer is uninspiring. Especially a look directly from the runway annoys me - shows no imagination whatsoever.

I think that it's interesting that you called her a stylist' mannequin because I do feel that a good stylist should make it seem like it's the person that wears the clothes and not the other way around.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, august, bosworth, kate, march