How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
05-05-2011
  526
V.I.P.
 
diesanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in your pocket
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjanthelion View Post
not to keep talking about singing rather than style but with the right song, gwyneth can sound really good. zooey on the other hand .. yuck, i think she has an awful awful nasal voice (and thats coming from someone who also has a nasal voice and i would not subject my singing to the public)
anyone else hear a slight british maybe almost irish lilt to kate's singing voice?? ....
imbd.com can be very helpful.

Her voice is sweet but I feel that she could do much better. The song isn't all that great. :p

__________________
♥♥♥ Luci's Little Gallery ♥♥♥
 
 
05-05-2011
  527
Fashion Designer
 
daniellat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mexico
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,020
Front page on tFS today: Forum Buzz: Kate Bosworth is Cotton's New Girl

 
05-05-2011
  528
V.I.P.
 
Brazilian Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,557
the song is stuck in my head

__________________

 
05-05-2011
  529
fashion elite
 
Bellechloe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: flying away
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,715
ahhaha same here!!
I actually love her last outfits, I'd do sth else with her hair tho

__________________
I KNOW
 
07-05-2011
  530
V.I.P.
 
McClaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United States
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,060
"It's never a hardship to be with you Kate its like a hot fudge sundae with nuts on top" awww

Kate with her Mom and Grandmother

__________________
“The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

Last edited by McClaire; 07-05-2011 at 02:32 AM.
 
07-05-2011
  531
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
Belowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,858
Behind the scenes/interviews from the Cotton Inc shoot:








__________________
 
07-05-2011
  532
front row
 
starsid33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 275
everything abt her just seems fake and like a big pretentious hoax. the people around her talking her up like shes some amazing human being does not help. ughh. i could appreciate her style if she didn't try so hard to exude this air of "im smart. im intelligent. did i mention i got accepted into princeton university in the 90s..." blah blah blah.

and i hate when people talk about fashion as if it is some sort of rocket science or intricate piece of poetry that needs to be analyzed to death. what is so terribly wrong with just saying "THIS LOOKED GOOD WITH THIS SO I PUT IT TOGETHER" why do celebrities who claim to be all fashion oriented need to justify their self-proclaimed sense of style by going on and on and on about the background story of what defines their "unique" personal style. like, honestly, does the world really care all that much?

i know im rambling at this point. forgive me.

 
07-05-2011
  533
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
Belowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,858







__________________
 
07-05-2011
  534
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
Belowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsid33 View Post
and i hate when people talk about fashion as if it is some sort of rocket science or intricate piece of poetry that needs to be analyzed to death.
I think you might be on the wrong forum.

__________________
 
07-05-2011
  535
front row
 
starsid33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 275
no, no...i love coming to this forum because i enjoy discussing fashion. i appreciate people's point of views on different styles. but some celebs...ex: Kate Bosworth take it to a whole new nauseating level. before u all pounce on me abt why are you even here...just let me remind you 2 things: 1) this is a forum 2) ive really only noticed lately shes been interviewing more and more...and in all her interviews her voice/accent/style of talking sounds so "im miss almighty" glorified elitest. i just wish people would take it for what it is. not like "there is some amazingly holy reason as to why i am wearing this skirt..."

 
07-05-2011
  536
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
Belowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,858
Okay sure, I won't get into a debate about it with you.

__________________
 
07-05-2011
  537
front row
 
starsid33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 275
i would honestly appreciate it if you did Belowen...no hard feelings, seriously. if you have any comments about it, i want to see it from another perspective. sometimes i just get agitated because i understand that celebrities have good style...but at the same time, they have every resource readily accessible, so it's hard to hear when they take so much credit for the end product. unless you've truly studied a subject or created an art...then it comes off sounding presumptuous if you have such drawn out explanations as to what makes your "style" so compelling. you know what im saying?

 
07-05-2011
  538
front row
 
WhiteQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 345
Thanks for the videos Belowen, Kate is lovely.

 
07-05-2011
  539
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
Belowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsid33 View Post
i would honestly appreciate it if you did Belowen...no hard feelings, seriously. if you have any comments about it, i want to see it from another perspective. sometimes i just get agitated because i understand that celebrities have good style...but at the same time, they have every resource readily accessible, so it's hard to hear when they take so much credit for the end product. unless you've truly studied a subject or created an art...then it comes off sounding presumptuous if you have such drawn out explanations as to what makes your "style" so compelling. you know what im saying?
No problem Well I was actually only thinking about it earlier today while watching those Cotton Inc. videos that having spent all of this time with Cher, (who obviously has an intense passion for styling and fashion in general) Kate seems to have developed a love and interest in that whole world too. From the insight that we got into her life in those videos, she seems to love collecting inspiration from places, and really does seems to understand and enjoy fashion as an art and how it seems to work into people's character and life. She may not have studied fashion/style in a schooling sense, but she has a lot of life experience and a lot of fashionable people and influences in her own life that have no doubt shaped her in some way. I prefer the fact that she goes into detail about what she likes and why, rather than her just saying "I like this skirt because it's pretty".

__________________
 
07-05-2011
  540
front row
 
starsid33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
No problem Well I was actually only thinking about it earlier today while watching those Cotton Inc. videos that having spent all of this time with Cher, (who obviously has an intense passion for styling and fashion in general) Kate seems to have developed a love and interest in that whole world too. From the insight that we got into her life in those videos, she seems to love collecting inspiration from places, and really does seems to understand and enjoy fashion as an art and how it seems to work into people's character and life. She may not have studied fashion/style in a schooling sense, but she has a lot of life experience and a lot of fashionable people and influences in her own life that have no doubt shaped her in some way. I prefer the fact that she goes into detail about what she likes and why, rather than her just saying "I like this skirt because it's pretty".
yea i see what youre saying...totally agree about her having lots of fashion influence around her so she has a sense of whats stylish and whats not. i guess some days, esp if im overstressed, i just view everything in a hypercritical way. thanks for your input, girl!! i love when we can all talk on here without it getting nasty haha. and learn a thing or two through somebody else's eyes.

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, august, bosworth, kate, march
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.