How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-04-2011
trendsetter

It's been soooo long since we've had new Kate pics! Is she in hiding? Burning her wardrobe and acquiring a new style in anticipation for the media sweep that will follow her post-wedding/honeymoon?

Caroliiine, I think you nailed it. My mother is very sensible about fashion and she thinks I'm nuts when I wear skirts/tights on a cold day just because I feel like it. (If I go outside, it's only for a few minutes, so it's not like I'd catch my death of cold.) What Not to Wear seems to aptly demonstrate that most people don't know what looks on their body shape, let alone what is trendy vs more classy and a good quality investment piece.

10-04-2011
fashion insider

I think her style is utterly vanilla but just watch, she'll get a great stylist and an instant transformation. If you look at the pics of Crown Princess Mary before she married, she was a total frump too. (Not that I think Mary is a fashion icon like the media likes to claim.) However, her personality probably won't change and that's the part I dislike more...

11-04-2011
tfs star

Kate and William visit Blackburn & Darwen (April 11, 2011)

Her skirt is a bit wrinkled, but I LOVE when she wears her hair half back like this. I said earlier on this forum that I wished she would wear it like this in public more and she did. Haha...this is how she should wear it for the wedding if she wants to wear it down!

brizzly,zimbio

11-04-2011
V.I.P.

love her hair like this!

isopix.be

[img]http://i28.************/u/f28/11/78/63/65/isop1087.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i28.************/u/f28/11/78/63/65/isop1088.jpg[/img]

11-04-2011
V.I.P.

Her hair looks absolutely gorgeous. So much fresher than when it's loose. I think I will have to settle with the fact that skirt and blazers are just not my thing, but she looks nice.

11-04-2011
V.I.P.

I really like this outfit (sans the wrinkles) and her makeup is great. She must be getting it professionally done now. The only thing I don't care for is the color, since it is Spring I was hoping she would wear a lighter color. Wills and her are too matchy with the navy color.

11-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by advo View Post
I think her style is utterly vanilla but just watch, she'll get a great stylist and an instant transformation. If you look at the pics of Crown Princess Mary before she married, she was a total frump too. (Not that I think Mary is a fashion icon like the media likes to claim.) However, her personality probably won't change and that's the part I dislike more...
I wonder how do you know about her personality while the only interview she had was for engagement which,obviously, did not give any hint of her personality?
For sure her life style is not of a modern woman's( the way she doesn't have a career etc.) But this does not say anything about her personality.

I must say her style is getting more and more conservative ( and boring) though.However lately she looks prettier and fresher than ever.And her hair looks gorgeous in the last pictures!

11-04-2011
fashion insider

^Oh, I apologise. My perceived impression of her personality... Sorry, if I don't find it particularly admirable that her entire career goal has been to marry royalty. And au contraire, I think it says a lot about her personality.

Anyways. Like I said, of course her style will improve. She probably is already getting some style tips behind-the-scene.

11-04-2011
front row

I think Kate always looks gorgeous. Although she's not a fashion icon, she always looks appropriate and pretty. She looks great in the recent pictures

11-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyjanex View Post
I think Kate always looks gorgeous. Although she's not a fashion icon, she always looks appropriate and pretty. She looks great in the recent pictures
I agree. I really like the latest outfit. The hair is great. The colour is nice. She seems happy. The only thing I don't like are the shoes. Too boring. Too granny-like.

11-04-2011
fashion elite

she has a lovely face

11-04-2011
V.I.P.

What is that material? It looks horrible. I must be the only one but the fit of the skirt and blazer isn't working for me. Those shoes are bad too. Like the hair and the make-up is lovely but that's it

11-04-2011
tfs star

According to JustJared.com, Kate was wearing a vintage Amanda Wakeley suit

11-04-2011
Looking Up

Yeah her hair definitely looks beautiful there. It looks very neat, but I think the rain frizzed it a bit.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2011, april, cambridge, catherine, december, duchess, kate, middleton