How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-04-2011
trendsetter

I think she looks gorgeous in the blue suit.

12-04-2011
trendsetter

I saw the video and I must say that Middleton is a natural. Following her all those years I'd have never thought that she'd be that great. Seriously, she is not shy nor nervous, she takes everything in her stride and she is a pro at small chit chatting.

It may not be that bad to wait 10 years for a ring..

Video 1 BBC
Video 2 BBC

Regarding her clothes, I think she looks best with more vibrant colour. I love her in red but I don't think fashion really interests her nor is it her strong point. I remember the time when she only wore mini skirts and suede boots.

Anyway I was nowhere a fan (nightclubs 3 times a week, vacation every 3 weeks, no work ethic, no apparent interests outside of PW) but I must say that she learned her job well and was born to be a Princess.. I don't think she'll be as great as Mette Marit (who for me does the best job) or as fashionable as CP Mary (who is the best dressed) but she'll do okay for the British Monarchy..

12-04-2011
fashion insider

^How do you know she hasn't been practising to become a princess in all those years? It's not like she's been doing much else...

I want to add that despite how unpatriotic I'm going to sound, I prefer Letizia, Maxima, Queen Rania before Mary. I also do like Victoria of Sweden, because she, like her cousin Frederik had to come to terms with their titles and responsibilities - even though, they in fact, were born to it. Kate is somewhere in the bottom because of the many reasons, you summed up quite well.

Regarding her suit, it is conservative, but that is the royal style.

12-04-2011
trendsetter

Sorry I didn't express myself correctly but I think she trained during all those years. Because one day she was just Middleton and the next she was Middleton engaged to PW and was somehow "a natural". I mean you don't learn the ropes overnight..

I am not a fan of Middleton and I'll never be. I think she set a very bad examples for young girls, she took 12 A-levels (which is a lot) so she did show academic dedication in high school, but then got into uni, had her degree and didn't even use it. She spent 10 years waiting, partying and going on familly holidays (and I guess learning how to be a princess)It's not very 21st century.. I am not a fan of CP Mary either. I think she just dresses well. She could have done great things but she doesn't seem very invested in our world... Oh yes she does have patronage and shows up for event, promote her country etc..but I don't know. I had huge expectations..

To me CP Mette Marit, Queen Rania and Princess Letizia are the best. Letizia doesn't do much without her husband but if I am not mistaken the Spanish Royal Family is the one who works the most out there! I can't really put CP Victoria in the same basket since she was born royalty but CP Mette Marit really had it rough and despite all of that she is doing such a great job. To me her and her husband really set the example of what royalties should be today..they really seem invested in our world and are really working hard on bringing some important issues out there. Queen Rania too, that woman is fabulous!
As for Middleton I don't expect more than what we are seeing right now.. I mean look at her future husband..

12-04-2011
fashion insider

^Oh okay. I think we are in agreement somewhat anyway. It's just that you used the expression that she "was born to be princess" and I think being a princess is more than waving your hand prettily, if you know what I mean? I'm by no means an anti-royalist, but I do want them to set good examples (like you said), and that's exactly why I dislike Kate so much. And also, why I don't particular care for Mary either. If you follow her history, her main interest was fashion (and nice for a fashion forum of course) but even now, her interest for other causes come off as duty and not something she genuinely care for. I guess, the only good thing that can be said of Mary and Kate, is that both their princes seem to adore them.

I don't really care that much about Mette Marit, though not because she doesn't do her job well. I do also think she works harder because she had so much to overcome, but that only speaks well of her character.

12-04-2011
fashion elite

She is doing great when it comes to waving,smiling and having smalltalk and will probably continue do great,but that's hardly an achievement in my books .Anybody with a pulse should be able to do that. She also has spend 8/9 years in the public spotlight , being papped coming out of clubs and has accompanied William at special events ;So she should be used to the attention by now and lets be honest she likes the attention .I don't see her bringing depth or any kind of substance to her job.

12-04-2011
trendsetter

I'm just amazed that people make presumptions about her either way when she's only done one interview and everything else we 'know' about her has come through the press, because everything they say is so accurate of course, assuming no one here actually knows her personally of course. Still the Amanda Wakeley suit didn't look too bad, would have liked different shoes and her hair was pretty.

12-04-2011
fashion insider

^I don't understand this argument at all. We don't need to know her personally. Her list of achievements, or rather lack of achievement speaks for itself. She is someone who has no interests outside of PW and doesn't show any interests for anything outside of him. If she did, she would not have to wait until getting married before pursuing them! IF she will be pursuing anything in the future, then it will be because of duty and because it was given to her to make the royal family look good. Kate isn't some young thing, fresh out of university. She's a grown up woman, and yet she has achieved absolutely nothing. I'm not saying that any future CPs should have Nobel prizes under their belts, I just think that any real woman with substance in this modern world, should have some kinds of interests beyond partying and going on holidays. That's all.

12-04-2011
trendsetter

We don't make assumptions on her personality..but we "followed" her for 10 years..there were a times when she was basically papped everyday and the only thing she was doing was either going out of nightclub or shopping (and I even wonder where went all those clothes!). The last 3 years she went under radar and it was great for her. We are only saying that in 10 years she didn't achieve anything except a Uni degree in Art History and it's a bit sad. At 30 years old the only "real" job she had was accessory buyer for a Jigsaw ie a 3 days a week part time job. There is no shame in wanting to just be a housewife and enjoy life as much as you can, after all she'll be the Princess of whatever for the rest of her life but some just think that it's pretty sad for a 30 years old woman and a bad example for young girls.. But don't worry, Brits are less invested in this whole royalty thing that the rest of the world BUT for someone who just discovered Middleton after her engagement interview of course some may ask themselves "why are those girls saying that?" but after 10 years, sadly there is nothing else to say. No girl in her right mind would spend 10 years doing nothing and some women way more wealthy than Middleton worked like crazy (Holly Branson being one of them), if you look around the women in PW circles' of friend they all did their own things, they all pursued some sort of career, of interests.. Middleton, not so much :s

As for her fashion style, I really don't believe she cares, plus she has a very "countryside" look. Hopefully she'll meet someone who will give her advice and put her in clothes she'll love before developing her own style. The only thing we can say is that she'll always wear appropriate things (which is pretty great after flashing us her panties for 5+ years..) However, I loved what she wore at her first appearance (she was christening a boat or something!)

Last edited by dennab216; 12-04-2011 at 05:35 AM.

12-04-2011
fashion insider

^Did she work for Jig Saw? I thought her "work" was a position in her parents' company, that no one could ever define...

12-04-2011
trendsetter

Yeah she did. For 3 month, 3 days a week but it was either in the morning or in the afternoon. Her employer said that she couldn't take a full time job because she had to be available. It was weird but at least it was a work. She was even papped doing it and the wife of her interviewer (during the engagement) met her while she was working there.

But 3 month in 10 years is not a lot..but they said that she was working for her family those past 3 years didn't they? Maybe she was, I hope she was or else it's very bizarre.. but CP Marie didn't really work either so lol it's a trend now

12-04-2011
fashion insider

^Ugh, don't even remind me of Marie. Not that I had any particular fondness for Alexandra, but she did work her *ss off. Most of the time anyway. Not sure if she really cared or just because she's ambitious as hell. Or was.

Anyway, here's the "article" I read sometime ago. I do realise it's written by gossip "journalists", but the background information should be accurate enough:

Quote:
Yes, this is going to be another Kate Middleton story where half of you yell at me. Yes, I’m expecting half of the comments to be along the lines of “LEAVE HER ALONE” and “She’ll make a fine princess!” I’m okay with that. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, and in my opinion, Kate Middleton is hilariously lazy, and she’s in for a rude awakening once she becomes a princess and realizes how much “stuff” is expected of a working royal. So imagine my lack of surprise to learn that Kate has now officially quit her “job”! And why did she “quit”? Because she “is now preparing for her future life.” Oh, Kate.

First, some background: Kate has a degree from a university, having graduated from St. Andrews in 2005. At one point, briefly, she had a real job as a buyer for Jigsaw. That job was back in 2006, and it only lasted for a few months, likely because they didn‘t have an official policy of letting their employees jet off 13 times a year on royal holidays. Since then, she’s either been flat-out unemployed and living on her parents‘ largesse, or “working” at her parents’ company, Party Pieces. I’m not saying that Kate doesn’t do real work - occasionally - for her parents, but I will say that it’s not a real job by any stretch of the imagination. First of all, there’s never really been a straight answer as to what exactly Kate does for Party Pieces. Sometimes she does editorial work, laying out the catalog. Sometimes she photographs the merchandise for the catalog. Or maybe she’s just around for moral support…? But she’s always on vacation! That’s what’s important. Anyway, that little career is O-V-E-R.
Seriously. Why did she had to be "available"? Available for what? Jetsetting when PW had time?

12-04-2011
fashion insider

I forgot the source: http://www.celebitchy.com/137305/kat...r_future_life/

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

Be N 49 du 25 fevrier au 03 mars 2011 ebook30

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
I'm just amazed that people make presumptions about her either way when she's only done one interview and everything else we 'know' about her has come through the press, because everything they say is so accurate of course, assuming no one here actually knows her personally of course.
That's exactly why some of the people perceive her as being lazy and having no work ethic, because she only gave one interview and all they can judge her on is her actions. Sometimes actions speak louder than words and in this case, all the pictures show are her going to "work", wherever that may have been and going to polo games, night clubs, shopping, holiday's etc. You can't blame the public for having an opinion on her image when Kate was the one who was controlling the image the whole time.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2011, april, cambridge, catherine, december, duchess, kate, middleton