How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-11-2005
Adorable illusion

Can we just stop talking about her being an asian and skin whitening cosmetics and her being compared to causasians etc???!! Its ruining the Katie leung thread!!

Anyway...Those blonde hair extensions are awful!! If I was katie, i wouldnt have allowed them to put them in for me! The Dior look a like dress is not flattering either...maybe the real Dior jumper dress would have been miles better!

I have to admit when I saw that first pic of her in the denim, I didnt think she looked that pretty but shes cuter with beautiful hair and make up.

17-11-2005
front row

not feeling her bangs. her hair texture seems too coarse and those bangs just make her look really sloppy.
as for her style, not mind blowing but i like her shoe choices

17-11-2005
V.I.P.

wtf happened to this thread..... anyhooooo I think she looks particularly lovely in that pic you posted xtine888!Thanks Can't wait to catch GOF this wkend!

front row

Yeah, I really think this thread should go back to Katie but I can't help it cause people keep quoting me and I really feel I should respond! So for the person who wanted to know more about bleaching... there is an article here. It also talks about how surgery is often done to "correct certain characteristics which stray from the European-based ideal of a small, straight nose, straight soft hair, big eyes (preferably blue) and fair-skin." which reiterates what I said earlier about how most Asians want to emulate Western features. Again, this is a cultural thing which I think no matter how hard Westerners try, they will never understand because they just weren't brought up that way. The Guardian also wrote an article here about how this one girl who wanted lighter skin almost died from using toxic skin bleach. So yes, it is quite a common fact within Asian communities that Asians bleach their skin.

Also I never said other people couldn't find Katie pretty. I was just stating my opinion about her being unattractive to me. I really think people should re-read the post I made earlier about how saying she's unattractive to me because she has really chinese features is no different to someone saying someone is unattractive cause she's fat.

Okay that's all I have to say. I suggest if people have other issues with my comments, they should just PM me and leave this thread to talk about Katie herself and not my opinions.

Last edited by jennifer716; 17-11-2005 at 08:02 PM.
17-11-2005
Adorable illusion

^ thank you. Now lets get on with this thread and as tempting as it may be, please dont reply here and take your discussion through PMs

17-11-2005
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by laRenta__x0

I really like this girl's sense of style. And I'm feeling her NYC premiere outfit, I just wish she would've worn heels... Anyway, I think she's gorg and I cannot wait to see HP! One more day baby, one more day.
I am starting to think that she, as well as most of the other girls in the HP movies, wear flats to keep from towering over Dan Radcliffe .

17-11-2005
Of too many minds

A scan of some interview that she did :

*www.thesnitch.net*

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
17-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma
I am starting to think that she, as well as most of the other girls in the HP movies, wear flats to keep from towering over Dan Radcliffe .
that is very true, i never thought of that. for the ny premiere, i wish she chose a different top though, it kind of takes away from the overall look.

17-11-2005
front row

I just saw that interview and she is so shy. AND it is bizarre hearing her voice! I've only ever hear of Asians with British accents not Scottish. I think she's really cute and its a shame there is so much hate. I guess you should never EVER mess with Harry Potter/Daniel when it comes to girls. Hell, even the older ladies love him.

Back to the comments about her being not "pretty" compared to other Asian girls. Just because she doesn't have a straight nose or fair skin doesn't make her unattractive. She can have those features and still be ugly. The important thing to emphasize is the symmetry of the face and the portions of the features to each other. Generally that is what people think is beauty except for some of coarse. I rate her - average/cute. But if you think about it, they would never cast a insanely pretty girl to play Cho Chang. No one of the cast is gorgeous, they are all just regular kids.

17-11-2005
V.I.P.

I think she's pretty and her accent is cute. It's weird, because I don't like the character of Cho Chang but I like her.

rising star

i think she's pretty but i'm not a fan of her makeup. i think she looks better without the 'sultry' eye makeup.

17-11-2005
backstage pass

I can't wait till Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!

17-11-2005
scenester

i'll be honest, when i first saw that she was playing cho chang, i was disappointed. but lately, this girl has really been growing on me!

although i do agree her sense in fashion is a bit... off. but she has a lot of time to grow.

18-11-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_jealous
they would never cast a insanely pretty girl to play Cho Chang. No one of the cast is gorgeous, they are all just regular kids.
def can't disagree with that, this isn't a bond film here..

18-11-2005
rising star

I think she is quite pretty(I'm chinese),
but a little bit baby fat (the face),

IMO,her style is much more better than emma.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
katie, leung