How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-12-2005
front row

Katie is not chubby in the slightest but may seem slightly so because of her flatter nose etc. but these are the common traits of oriental faces, like small eyes. It is good that many find her pretty as she does look very oriental unlike most oriental celebrities who, although are pretty, are found to be pretty because they have high noses and big eyes. I definantly prefer her down to earth style over Emma Watson's.

04-12-2005
rising star

She's alright.

But her style's kind of a bit too safe. Nothing too exciting.

04-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuGaR_rUsH
Katie is not chubby in the slightest but may seem slightly so because of her flatter nose etc. but these are the common traits of oriental faces, like small eyes. It is good that many find her pretty as she does look very oriental unlike most oriental celebrities who, although are pretty, are found to be pretty because they have high noses and big eyes. I definantly prefer her down to earth style over Emma Watson's.
oriental??!?!

Don't blame me: I'm From Massachusetts

At least It Ain't Bush '08
04-12-2005
rising star

from post #213:

katie has pretty big eyes

04-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpea
oriental??!?!
The poster's from the UK, where "Oriental" is used to describe Asians. It's very wrong in the US, though!

04-12-2005
rising star

^yeah, it's a bit offensive to say "oriental" here, but i guess things are different in different places

04-12-2005
trendsetter

^ Really? I never knew that. How come?

As for her eyes - yes, they gorgeous!

A champagne supernova in the sky
04-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyjeanc
^yeah, it's a bit offensive to say "oriental" here, but i guess things are different in different places
For the most part, in the States the word "Oriental" is very offensive because the word is used to describe objects (rugs, vases), and should not be extended to describe human beings.

In the UK, "Orientals" refer to East Asians and "Asians" to Indians, Pakistanians, etc.

Last edited by ukfashionista; 04-12-2005 at 02:58 PM.
04-12-2005
backstage pass

^ oh! I didn't know that. TFS always teaches me new things

“Fashion fades, only style remains the same” Coco Chanel
04-12-2005
Adorable illusion

Thanks to ukfashionista for clearing that up but can we stay on topic please

04-12-2005
backstage pass

#244 - She looks incredibly stunning in that picture! Her dress isn't the best best one I've seen on her but the way her makeup is done is beautiful!!

29-12-2005
scenester

She looks lovely in all of those outfits. The dress she wore at the Yule Ball in GOF is so pretty!!!

29-12-2005
rising star

she looks absolutley amazing in post *244 i love everything about it and the shoes are fab! i want them . i really like how she dresses . its very wearable :s

29-12-2005
windowshopping

I have to say that looking through this thread and quite a few others I am just disgusted with what people are saying. Of course everyone is allowed to have their own opinions but does that include being just plain CRUEL? Because flat out saying that someone is "ugly" or "blah" or whatever other negative things that are being said just seems wrong to say. Would you say that to a person's face? Should it be the job of these girls just to please you with their looks and style? It's hard enough being a young woman in hollywood, I'm sure, and it's not healthy either for many of the teenage girls who read these boards to see that even famous actresses and models aren't pretty enough or thin enough and then if an actress does get plastic surgery she's judged for it. Honesty, if a girl like Katie Leung or Natalie Portman (or any of the other actresses and models that get such negative comments) aren't pretty then the rest of us must be hideous.

29-12-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriandoll
I have to say that looking through this thread and quite a few others I am just disgusted with what people are saying. Of course everyone is allowed to have their own opinions but does that include being just plain CRUEL? Because flat out saying that someone is "ugly" or "blah" or whatever other negative things that are being said just seems wrong to say. Would you say that to a person's face? Should it be the job of these girls just to please you with their looks and style? It's hard enough being a young woman in hollywood, I'm sure, and it's not healthy either for many of the teenage girls who read these boards to see that even famous actresses and models aren't pretty enough or thin enough and then if an actress does get plastic surgery she's judged for it. Honesty, if a girl like Katie Leung or Natalie Portman (or any of the other actresses and models that get such negative comments) aren't pretty then the rest of us must be hideous.
aww...so true. well said!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
katie, leung