How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-01-2006
V.I.P.

^ You have her figure? So jealous lol! I think she's got a great body. I'd trade any day.

31-01-2006
Midnight blooms.........

^^ Thank Capitain!
Is anyone else loving the back view of that dress?

31-01-2006
V.I.P.

I'll take any view lol! That's just a great in general and it hugged her in all the right places.

31-01-2006
Midnight blooms.........

I agree!
One of the most figure flattering dresses she's ever worn!

31-01-2006
fashion insider

Congrats to Keira for her Oscar nom!!! I'm so stoked for her! I don't really believe she can actually win it (it's between Reese and Felicity), but this only foreshadows bigger and better roles for her in the future. You go, girl!

31-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Lydia
^ I know she probably won't win, it's so going to be Reese, but I'm so overly excited you have no idea. I didn't really think they were going to nominate her. I'm practically levitating lol!
I think they will give it to Felicity.....

But think of the GIFT basket she will get.......!!!
Just being nominated is a prize...

Last edited by Fatty; 31-01-2006 at 11:41 PM.

31-01-2006
V.I.P.

Not to mention she gets to be introduced as Academy Award Nominee Keira Knightly for a year or whatever the policy is...

31-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty
I think they will give it to Felicity.....
Either her or Reese, they're the ones that have been getting all the other awards. :p

01-02-2006
fashion elite

as much as i love keira, i dont think she'll win either
though i think reese will take it, felicity maybe, ehh idk

01-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Lydia
Not to mention she gets to be introduced as Academy Award Nominee Keira Knightly for a year or whatever the policy is...
I think that they can do it for as long as they want. I doubt that she'll win, I don't think the studios are campaigning for her (which is the thing that really matters). I'd be happy to see Reese or Felicity win, though. Keira is still a bit too green.

01-02-2006
backstage pass

I don't have already see the movie so I van't tell if is good, but I think that the other four actress are great too... so I don't know if she will win.

01-02-2006
dream a little dream...

I agree with you laurlaur in saying that Keira is so young! It would be a bit premature for her to have the oscar already.
Where Keira will probably make many more amazing movies, Reese or Felicity probably wont have that chance

01-02-2006
rising star

Wow Congrats to Keira for getting nominated for an Oscar! Can't wait to see her at the award, she's going to look stunning!

01-02-2006
V.I.P.

(contact music)
KNIGHTLEY DRIFTS OFF AFTER OSCAR NOMINATION

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY was thrilled to hear of her Best Actress Oscar nomination after a night's filming in the Bahamas - but promptly went back to sleep.

The PRIDE AND PREJUDICE star, who is up against REESE WITHERSPOON, DAME JUDI DENCH, CHARLIZE THERON and FELICITY HUFFMAN at the Academy Awards on 5 March (06), is currently in the West Indies shooting the sequels to the swashbuckling film PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN.

She says, "Suddenly I heard what can only be described as yelping and then my mum and assistant running into my room saying 'You've been nominated!'
"At which point, I have to say that I promptly said 'that's wicked' and went back to sleep.

"I couldn't sleep properly anyway because people have been squealing all morning. I think it's going to be a squealy kind of day."

01/02/2006 13:51-----------------------------

Only Keira.

Last edited by Captain_Lydia; 01-02-2006 at 08:15 PM.

01-02-2006
V.I.P.

(wheretherum)
http://www.sys-con.com/read/177560.htm

Nominated for Four Academy Awards(R)* Including Best Actress Keira Knightley Universal Studios Home Entertainment Is Proud to Announce the DVD Release of Jane Austen's Ultimate Romance 'Pride & Prejudice'
A Hit with Critics, Couples and Family Audiences, the DVD Arrives with Exclusive Bonus Features on February 28, 2006 from Univer

By: PR Newswire

Jan. 31, 2006 09:42 PM

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Jan. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- A lavishly stunning new version of Jane Austen's most celebrated romance, "Pride & Prejudice," comes to DVD February 28, 2006, just in time for the Academy Awards(R), from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The four-time Academy Award(R)-nominated film "Pride & Prejudice," starring Academy Award(R) and Golden Globe(R) nominee Keira Knightley ("Pirates of the Caribbean") as the spirited and beautiful Elizabeth Bennet, is a sumptuous new telling of Austen's timeless story of two young lovers and the power of first impressions. The illustrious cast, including Matthew Macfadyen ("MI-5"), Oscar(R) winner Judi Dench ("Shakespeare in Love"), two-time Golden Globe(R) winner Donald Sutherland ("Cold Mountain") and two-time Oscar(R) nominee Brenda Blethyn ("Secrets & Lies," "Little Voice"), brings a modern sensibility to one of the greatest love stories of all time.

Hailed by audiences as one of the most beloved romances of the year, "Pride & Prejudice" is nominated for four Academy Awards(R) -- Best Actress (Keira Knightley), Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design, and Best Original Score. The film also earned two Golden Globe(R) nominations -- Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) and Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Keira Knightley) and has appeared on dozens of critics' 10 Best lists.

Directed by Joe Wright ("The Last King") and produced by Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner ("Bridget Jones's Diary" and "Love Actually"), "Pride & Prejudice" celebrates romance with a beguilingly youthful spin on romance, wit, and the importance of love and family. The DVD is priced at $29.98 SRP.

CRITICS HAVE A BALL WITH "PRIDE & PREJUDICE"
Top print and broadcast critics were charmed by "Pride & Prejudice's" captivating romance and its refreshing take on a timeless love story. Stephen Holden of the New York Times says the film "makes you believe in true love and happily-ever-after." Jim Svejda of CBS Radio calls it "The Best Film of the Year!" while Entertainment Weekly's Owen Gleiberman rates it "Grade A! A sumptuous pleasure!" In USA Today, Claudia Puig dubs "Pride & Prejudice" "Lushly romantic and subtly sexy!" The film's leading lady also enchanted reviewers, with Roger Ebert of Ebert & Roeper saying, "Keira Knightley gives a magical performance" and Peter Travers of Rolling Stone writing, "Keira Knightley is a tantalizing ball of fire."

A BOUNTY OF BONUS FEATURES
The DVD is graced with bonus features that immerse viewers in the romance and intrigue of the Bennet sisters' quest for love and provide an exclusive look behind the scenes as filmmakers recreate the fascinating world of Jane Austen, including:

* A Bennet Family Portrait -- An intimate look at each of five vibrant Bennet sisters and their parents. * Jane Austen, Ahead of Her Time -- The history of a revolutionary storyteller and a very private woman. * Behind the Scenes at the Ball -- A behind-the-scenes look at this lavishly stunning new version of the classic romance * HBO First Look: "Pride & Prejudice," A Classic in the Making -- Complete with talent and filmmaker interviews, this feature takes an extensive look at the making of the film * Commentary from director Joe Wright

SYNOPSIS
One of the greatest love stories of all time, "Pride & Prejudice" comes to the screen in a glorious new adaptation starring Keira Knightley. When Elizabeth Bennet (Knightley) meets the handsome Mr. Darcy (Mathew Macfadyen), she believes he is the last man on earth she could ever marry. But as their lives become intertwined, she finds herself captivated by the very person she swore to loathe for all eternity. Based on the beloved masterpiece by Jane Austen, it is the classic tale of love and misunderstanding that sparkles with romance, wit, and emotional force.

CAST & FILMMAKERS
Director: Joe Wright Written By: Deborah Moggach Produced By: Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Paul Webster Executive Producers: Debra Hayward, Liza Chasin Director of Photography: Roman Osin Production Designer: Sarah Greenwood Edited By: Paul Tothill Costume Designer: Jacqueline Durran Original Music By: Dario Marianelli Cast: Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen, Brenda Blethyn, Donald Sutherland, Tom Hollander, Rosamund Pike, Jena Malone, Judi Dench TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD Street Date: February 28, 2006 Copyright: 2006 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved. Price: $29.98 SRP Selection Number: 28072 (Widescreen); 28073 (Full Frame) Running Time: 2 Hours 9 Minutes Layers: Dual Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1); Full Frame (1.33:1) Rating: PG Technical Info: English and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround; French Dolby Digital 5.1; English SDH; French and Spanish Subtitles VHS Street Date: February 28, 2006 Copyright: 2006 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved. Price: $29.98 SRP Selection Number: 63274 Running Time: 2 Hours 9 Minutes Picture: Full Frame Rating: PG Technical Info: Hi-Fi Stereo Surround * 2005 Academy Award(R) Nominations: Best Actress (Keira Knightley), Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design, Best Original Score ** 2005 Golden Globe(R) Nominations: Best Motion Picture -- Musical or Comedy and Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture -- Musical or Comedy (Keira Knightley) For artwork please log on to our Web site at http://www.ushepublicity.com/

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (http://www.universalstudios.com/). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and Entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% controlled by Vivendi Universal.

CONTACTS
Universal Studios Home Entertainment Vivian Mayer Senior Vice President, Publicity (818) 777-3594 Lea Porteneuve Vice President, Publicity (818) 777-1391 Craig Radow Senior Manager, Publicity (818) 777-4572 DKPR Dana Kornbluth (818) 889-9741 dkpr1@aol.comhttp://www.prideandprejudicemovie.net/
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
+1-818-777-3594, or Lea Porteneuve, Vice President, Publicity,
+1-818-777-1391, or Craig Radow, Senior Manager, Publicity, +1-818-777-4572,
all of Universal Studios Home Entertainment; or Dana Kornbluth of DKPR,
+1-818-889-9741, dkpr1@aol.com
Web site: http://www.prideandprejudicemovie.net/
http://www.universalstudios.com/

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, january, july, keira, knightley