How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-03-2004
rising star

It's such a piece of fluff. Damn VF starlet profiles.

16-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by gem@Mar 16th, 2004 - 7:02 pm
keira is poor man's natalie..
natalie just oozes class
i agree 100%.

currently i like keira knightley better as the one who i will have an ellict affair with because 1. she's 18 2. she's british 3. she seems more fun

turn offs. she talks really teethy. again some weird mouth thing.

she doesn't look really nice in the asprey ads. not so much. elise lookks sooooo much better

17-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Mar 16th, 2004 - 7:10 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Mar 16th, 2004 - 7:10 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-gem@Mar 16th, 2004 - 7:02 pm
keira is poor man's natalie..
natalie just oozes class
Natalie Portman is very intelligent and a good actress, but she really doesn't know how to dress in my opinion. She is such a pretty girl; I so wish wouldn't insist on dressing like an older woman.One thing I rather like about Keira Knightley is her more youthful and fresh look. [/b][/quote]
I think Nat Portman and Keira may have some slight physical ressemblances but they're so different. Just like Purple said, Keira looks fresher. She dresses younger and seems more fun to watch.

I don't hate Natalie, but she acts to "high class" and dresses really too old.

So I really prefer Keira there's something too weird about Natalie, can't figure it out....

17-03-2004
backstage pass

Natalie can't even be compared to Keira---she is jsut the epitome of style and beauty and KK just doesn't have it in my mind...

Quote:
So Keira, babycakes, take note from the much more fun Paris Hilton and hike your skirt up and snog some farmhands. If nothing else, it will keep you quiet for a bit.

hahahahhahahahaha

17-03-2004
seagreen serenades

That article sounds about right to me. I cannot stand Keira Knightley

18-03-2004
backstage pass

keira rocks

18-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Purr@Mar 15th, 2004 - 10:51 am
i dislike good looking people that know they are goodlooking and complain about not being good looking
I agree

I like Kiera & Natalie pretty much equally, but it's true that natalie is more elegant and Kiera is just fresher I suppose because she dresses younger

18-03-2004
rising star

Kiera and Natalie are both beautiful.Natalie has more class while Kiera has a younger feel about her. But isn't she younger?

18-03-2004
rising star

They played together in Star Wars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RabePadmeSabe2.jpg (22.6 KB, 374 views)

18-03-2004
V.I.P.

Not by much. Keira is 18 while Natalie is 22.

18-03-2004
V.I.P.

Look-alikes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sidebysideshot.jpg (9.6 KB, 318 views)

18-03-2004
memoirs of a...

Keira Knightley looks more like Winona Ryder than Natalie Portman. Yes, she has a potty mouth, but she's gorgeous to look at and can actually act!

Natalie Portman is pretty too but comes across as really contrived. And her acting peaked at the age of 11 when she did "The Professional." She is so wooden in Star Wars, even though I do like her brief turn in Cold Mountain.

18-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by LibertyRose@Mar 18th, 2004 - 11:39 pm
Natalie Portman is pretty too but comes across as really contrived.
I agree, she always just seems like she is trying too hard.

18-03-2004
V.I.P.

I originally wrote this for another website, so please excuse the Audrey Hepburn references. I think it is also applicable here though.

[/quote]There is no next Audrey Hepburn.[/quote]
Not to sound overly cynical, but I think we keep trying to find the next Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monreo, etc. in order to try to justify our own generation's celebrities. In my opinion, apart from a few great stars like Cate Blanchett, most stars today have only beauty and style (much of it stylist-derived anyhow)and sometimes even talent, but lack the class and timelessness of the great icons. Many of them seem to believe that emulating past celebrities will raise their own star and make them seem similarly "important." Jennifer Love and Natalie are not alone in this. Just look at how hard Gwen Stefani tries to be like Jean Harlow and how often Renee channels Marilyn. I think Natalie Portman tries way too hard to make herself resemble those greats who came before her. Although she is still a young woman, she wears heavy clothing that weights her down while at time being known for mostly silly acting roles. I feel that she needs to lighten up and find her own image, rather than trying so hard to imitate others. One of the reason's Audrey Hepburn's image remains so relevant today is that she was confident enough to be herself. I feel that Natalie Portman and her peers need to embrace their individuality and stop trying so hard to be a "classic," which they seem to mainly interpret as being heavy and boring.

19-03-2004
Mannikin

Quote:
Originally posted by kit@Mar 15th, 2004 - 9:55 am
This is soooooooooo true !!!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/style/stor...169358,00.html

KIT
Right on, kit!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, january, july, keira, knightley