How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
for how long will she continue to avoid the promotions for her movies? it's clearly not helping (considering how "badly" the last few ones went with her little input in promotion) and paints a bad picture about her, plenty of actors do both movies and promos for their other projects at the same time. oh well, i feel as if she's digging her own "career grave" and it's a pity.

i loved her with short hair, bob one and long one, she's one of the few who can pull out all of those. love that b/w pic!
When her filming commitments clash with filming there's very little she can do, her focus has to be on the project she's working on at that time. I don't believe she avidly avoids doing any publicity for her movies, not from what I know of her. The publicity machines for these films are so much bigger than just her and when her films do badly she can't be expected to take the burden of it's failure and not because she didn't do publicity. Certainly London Boulevard didn't crash and burn because she didn't do enough interviews. It had so many other, bigger problems!

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 18-07-2011 at 04:32 PM.

18-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
When her filming commitments clash with filming there's very little she can do, her focus has to be on the project she's working on at that time. I don't believe she avidly avoids doing any publicity for her movies, not from what I know of her. The publicity machines for these films are so much bigger than just her and when her films do badly she can't be expected to take the burden of it's failure and not because she didn't do publicity. Certainly London Boulevard didn't crash and burn because she didn't do enough interviews. It had so many other, bigger problems!
i am well aware of the fact that she must be focused on her current project, but other actors can do both at the same time as they owe it to through the contract and promotion is one big part of the whole project when you take it up. she did little promotion for NLMG and did none for LB or LN and while i'm know she's not the reason why these movies failed, it's also not hard to imagine what an actress of her reputation could do when it comes to presentation of the movies to the wider public. it couldn't hurt, to say the least...i'm actually surprised how she's able to slip through this part of her job so easily. also, she's always taking projects that are close to her heart, well she's been doing so for the last couple of years from what i gathered from few interviews, so i am surprised at lack of her enthusiasm to "explain and show it" once it's going though it's release and not proudly promote it. my personal opinion is indeed that, if her projects continue "succeeding" the way the did in the last two years, her career might steadily be going down and considering how much talent she has i think it's a real shame. just my two cents.

18-07-2011
trendsetter

I can't say what goes on at my work obviously (my *** would be fired so quickly ) but she certainly for fills everything in her contracts. London Boulevard for example, she was in rehearsals for The Childrens Hour, and the carefully chosen interviews she did do for that did cover LB as well. She is also very aware of over exposure and I personally admire her for spreading herself so lightly. It's a nice novelty to read an interview with her, at least when she does do a new interview she has something new and interesting to say instead of the same interview being re-hashed a thousand times. I'm personally pleased to see she doesn't feel like she has to perpetually flog her wares, turn up on endless magazine covers or go to the opening of an envelope all the time. I love that despite being an ambassador for Chanel she rarely attends their shows (you listening that Blake Lively?). For me it's the lack of engagement with the media machine that makes her appealing, not seeing her all the time in the public eye might be frustrating but it makes her an altogether more powerful actress.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 18-07-2011 at 05:28 PM.

18-07-2011
V.I.P.

i dunno, i feel like there's no engagement with the media what so ever, but that's just my opinion. thanks for the info about LB and lets just agree to disagree so we don't get too much offtopic.

18-07-2011
trendsetter

I just feel like I have a certain loyalty to the girl through my work. She's a sweetheart and I get protective of her. So your right we'll agree to disagree and leave it at that

18-07-2011
scenester

Huh? She did plenty of promotional work for both NLMG and Last Night. You can hardly blame her for the whole Miramax situation.

18-07-2011
scenester

she looks gorgeous in the black white photo. I prefer her with shorter hair. Girl is stunning.

18-07-2011
barack and roll

We dont actually know when Anna Kareninna starts- it says Fall. I think she will be heavily involved with promotion for that film, and I will truly be surprised if she is not. London Boulevard was hardly released, she did a ton of promo for Last Night once it was, and missed only the beginning chunk of Never Let Me Go because she was not the lead and also because she was filming with Chanel and simply could not get out of it-- though according to the director, she tried. She isn't doing big budget, #1 at the box office movies anymore and frankly, thats okay with me. I am glad she has projects. And she will probably be doing heavy promo for Dangerous Method which means lots of pretty pics.

18-07-2011
trendsetter

I know for a fact that Anna Karenina starts shooting in September, splitting the shoot between England and Russia. While the main cast has signed they're actually busy looking for a bunch of kids atm one of which to play Keira & Judes son.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 18-07-2011 at 06:42 PM.

18-07-2011
barack and roll

Rest of my point still stands and thank you for clarifying!

18-07-2011
V.I.P.

oh, i hope she does DM promotion big time, that movie looks like it has much potential.

may i just say i have to correct myself, i totally and i mean totally forgot about her promo tour for LN two months ago in the US, i dunno how i forgot it, i just now remembered after you mentioned it (all the talk shows etc). sorry for the false claim from my part.

18-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylenrose View Post
We dont actually know when Anna Kareninna starts- it says Fall. I think she will be heavily involved with promotion for that film, and I will truly be surprised if she is not. London Boulevard was hardly released, she did a ton of promo for Last Night once it was, and missed only the beginning chunk of Never Let Me Go because she was not the lead and also because she was filming with Chanel and simply could not get out of it-- though according to the director, she tried. She isn't doing big budget, #1 at the box office movies anymore and frankly, thats okay with me. I am glad she has projects. And she will probably be doing heavy promo for Dangerous Method which means lots of pretty pics.
I'm looking foward to that, I feel like its been ages since I last saw her in a red carpet even

18-07-2011
Away From Here

keiraweb
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by vikingqueen; 18-07-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: source

18-07-2011
fashion insider

gorgeous photo!

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

she looks gorgeus in that picture!!!

Closed Thread