How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-11-2011
V.I.P.

her pout/cheek sucking in the newest pictures is ridiculous. I also dislike her hair like that, it's too severe for her angular face. I think she is much too stunning for a dress like that which does absolutely nothing for her.

11-11-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuellaLuella View Post
Guess I'm the only person who doesn't like the latest look?
I'm not crazy about it either. Boring, IMO.

11-11-2011
V.I.P.

I missed her latest look until now, but it is utterly stunning; what an incredible beauty she is!!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

12-11-2011
trendsetter

I really love her hair this length, but I think she rarely goes wrong with her hair. I love it long and I loved the Domino cut too. I've seen a teeny bit of what she's doing on Anna Karenina, and I know I'm biased, but it's looking really good. She neither sucks her cheeks in or puts on a pout when she poses for photos. I've never understood where that comes from, do people honestly think that's a train of thought she has when she's infront of a camera?

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 12-11-2011 at 02:26 PM.

12-11-2011
trendsetter

I was always under the impression her pout is something she does unconsciously. I do it too!

12-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
. She neither sucks her cheeks in or puts on a pout when she poses for photos. I've never understood where that comes from, do people honestly think that's a train of thought she has when she's infront of a camera?
Well unless you're in a person's head I don't see how you can say either way. I did expect people to be defensive but never mind. It's probably unconsciously done but I just think it looks strange sometimes

12-11-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
Well unless you're in a person's head I don't see how you can say either way. I did expect people to be defensive but never mind. It's probably unconsciously done but I just think it looks strange sometimes
I agree it does look strange. She wouldn't be the first person to intentionally pout on the red carpet so I don't know why it's shocking for people to suggest that she does it on purpose. I remember when she was getting tons of press, I think it was just after Bend It Like Beckham, there were so many articles entitled 'she can pout but can she act?'

12-11-2011
trendsetter

I've spent 5, nearly 6 years doing red carpets, photoshoots etc with her and I've never seen it. I guess my close proximity has blinded me to the pouting. I know the press like to use it as a tool to knock her about occasionally. Less so these days it has to be said.

12-11-2011
V.I.P.

I didn't point it out to make some sort of malicious attack/ to knock Knightley. It was merely an observation - clearly not everyone is in the position to observe celebrities to know one way or another whether they do or do not do something intentionally.

Last edited by Lacroix; 12-11-2011 at 06:06 PM.

12-11-2011
Away From Here

Does anyone know what's going on with The Emporer's Children --- it's the film adaptation of the book by Claire Messud, and I keep hearing Keira's name being attached to it (along with Richard Gere, Michelle Williams and Eric Bana)

I would LOVE it if she played Mariana ... this is one of my all time favourite books and I thinks she's perfect for that part

13-11-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ Still in the works. News from last month (October 2011):

Quote:
BREAKING: Scott Cooper Replacing Noah Baumbach As Director On THE EMPEROR'S CHILDREN, McAdams And Thompson Join Cast.

Twitch has learned that Crazy Heart writer-director Scott Cooper is replacing Noah Baumbach as the director of The Emperor's Children. Baumbach scripted the adaptation of the novel by Claire Messud and had been attached to direct as well. Richard Gere and Keira Knightley has been attached to star when Baumbach was slated to direct but we have learned Rachel McAdams and Emma Thompson have now also joined the cast. Brian Grazer will produce at Imagine Entertainment. A spring 2012 start date is being eyed.
twitchfilm

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

Vanity Fair Italy N.35 7 Settembre 2011 Keira Knightley by Fabrice dall'Anese

ebook30

16-11-2011
front row

Honestly, I think she just has very refined bone-structure that is uncommon, so we equate that look with actresses trying to imitate more angular cheekbones and fuller lips.

16-11-2011
you set the scene

^I think that's probably true. She kind of holds her expression, but she does have really unusual bone structure... I forget that until I see pics of her smiling or from the side. :p

17-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
her pout/cheek sucking in the newest pictures is ridiculous.
agreed... It's so obvious I don't get why people say it's not true. She's got the art down to the point to rival MK Olsen. She looks nothing like that in her candids, take a closer look at those and than claim again that it's a "natural pout".

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, july, june, keira, knightley