How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-08-2011
trendsetter

Where is she anyway?! I want new pics!!!

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

Missing her..

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Keira Knightley gives marie claire her refreshingly honest, modern take on love, life, lust and betrayal.

The setting for our cover shoot with Keira Knightley looks like something out of a dream sequence from Gossip Girl. The sunny Los Angeles studio is filled with racks of couture clothing. On a table flanked by beefy security guards sits more than $2 million in jewellery; another holds dozens of pairs of shoes. I finger the jewels in front of the stone-faced guards while waiting for Knightley, the new face of Coco Mademoiselle, to make her entrance. I half expect the young actress to sashay into the room with heaving bosom and hoop skirt Ė after all, no woman alive has brought more sex and intrigue to period dramas Ė but I couldnít have been more wrong. Instead, a young woman appears at the door in a pleated skirt and blazer with brown lace-up shoes, greeting everyone with sweet, clipped hellos. Spotting Ben, her hairdresser, she makes a dash from the crowd around her and engulfs him with hugs and kisses. This girl knows where her bread is buttered.

At 26, Knightley has racked up an impressive movie career, blossoming from a soccer-playing beauty in Bend It Like Beckham into a Hollywood leading lady. She is beautiful, thoughtful and seems innocent, despite an occasionally delightful potty mouth. As Ben spins her hair into silk, we talk about corsets, boys and, of course, Chanel.

Youíre doing another period movie, Anna Karenina, with director Joe Wright. What attracts you to period characters?

Itís not the fact that they are period; itís the great stories. And Tolstoy Ė you canít say no to that if someone offers it to you.

The costumes are cool, too.

Yes, the costumes are fun, but I enjoy the fact that period films are pure fantasy. We donít know what it was really like to live back then. You get to create the character from the first stitch. In a modern piece, oddly, there are restraints that donít exist in a period film.

Youíve just finished filming a new Chanel ad with Wright. Itís quite a departure from your films, where you are often seen in corsets.

Well, yes, thatís true.

Do you own a corset?

No, does anyone own a corset? [Laughs]

In the first commercial you were wearing a beautiful silk dress, walking the streets of Paris at night. It was very romantic. In this new one, youíre wearing a catsuit and riding a motorcycle. You succumb to your lover in the first ad and in this new one you reject him. Which girl do you relate to?

No, in the first one I ran away. There was no succumbing in either scenario! I donít succumb. [Laughs] I love the first one because she is really mischievous. She likes to tease and I rather like that.

Where is your favourite place to put perfume? In the ad you put it behind your knee.

Oh, that was a Joe [the director] thing. I never put it behind the knee. Iím a wrist and neck sort of girl. If youíre spending a lot of time on your knees then maybe you need a bit of help!

Do you think a man could fall in love simply by the scent of a woman?

Good question. I donít know. I guess you would have to ask one. Although I had a friend who went on a date with a girl and he said he hated the smell of her perfume, so he didnít ask her out again. So perhaps itís true.

Havenít we all put a bit of our perfume on a boyfriendís pillow when we leave?

I hadnít thought of that. I must start doing that!

What would you say your style is?

If I had to say Iíd go with boyish chic. Iíve definitely got a bit of boyish. I was a tomboy. I didnít wear skirts until I was 14. I hated them. I love a manís shirt.

Do you own UGGs?

I used to; I donít have them anymore. But they are the most comfortable things in the entire world.

Do you remember your first designer outfit?

Yes, it was a Miu Miu dress. Do you remember that white Marilyn Monroe dress that billowed up over the subway? It reminded me of that, but in black. It never quite fit Ė too big on the top. It requires tits that I donít have, but I still love it. I bought it 10 years ago, but itís actually in style now. I love when it all comes back around.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Itís very quick. Especially with this short bob. It was more difficult when my hair was longer.

Why did you cut it?

They had asked me to cut it for a movie and I said, ďNo, you can do it with a wig.Ē But then Iíd been thinking about cutting it so, you know, we had a glass of champagne and we were still talking about it, then another glass, and by the third glass my hair was cut off.

Did you regret it?

Not at all, which is kind of amazing because I thought I would. But itís so easy. Wash it. Go. Perfect.

You were recently a bridesmaid. Was the dress a keeper? Theyíre usually awful.

Yes! It was wicked. But I destroyed it by the end of the night. They had Indian food and I managed to drop every single curry, every single drink, down the front. I went to the toilet and caught it in the door. I was the worst bridesmaid ever. But it was a great night!

In your next movie, A Dangerous Method, you play a mistress.

I play a patient who was the first person on whom the Freudian method [of psychoanalysis] was used. I also have an affair with [psychiatrist Carl] Jung.

Jung was known for his dream therapy. Do you have recurring dreams?

Sure I do, but Iím not going to share them with you! [Laughs]

Touchť! In your movie Last Night you play a married woman who considers having an affair with an ex-lover. Do you think itís possible to love two men at the same time?

Sometimes it is possible. It has to do with the person you are, the place youíre at in your life, and the person youíre with and where he is in his life. I donít think thereís one answer.

What is worse, an emotional betrayal or physical betrayal? Is it gender specific?

I thought women would find an emotional betrayal worse and men would consider a physical betrayal worse. But the number of guys I asked said it was the other way round. For them, to love another woman emotionally and not be physical was much worse.

I didnít think men could do emotional betrayal.

[Laughs] Oh no, I think they can! But I really do think it depends on the couple. Itís a both interesting and terrifying discussion, and itís why there are so many stories about infidelity because thereís no clear answer as to why.

What about sexting?

Iím sorry. What about what?

Sexting. Sexy texting.

[Laughs] What is that?

Texting flirtatiously to someone who isnít your significant other. Have you not heard of it?

No! Is it flirting or cheating? Oh my God. I donít have an answer for that. I didnít even know what it was! Is that an American thing?

I donít think so. Itís a boy and girl thing.

Well, Iíve just gotten an education.

Do you believe in womanís intuition?

I do, but I donít believe that itís always right. I think you do know if there is sex in the room. You pick up on chemistry between people.

Have you ever been jealous and been wrong?

I think jealousy is the only emotion that has no positive side to it. Iím not saying Iíve never been jealous Ė of course I have Ė but I think if oneís intuition is based on jealousy Iíd say you shouldnít trust it.

Are you a girlsí girl or a guysí girl?

I have a mix of both great ďguyĒ friends and ďgirlĒ friends. I have one girly girlfriend, but Iíd say my girlfriends are more boyish. And I suppose the guys arenít great jocks; they are all sort of artistic and tend to be directors or writers or musicians or actors. The boys have a sensitive side!

If you had one day without being recognised, what would you do?
Oh, thatís easy. Iíd go on the subway. I love the subway. Itís great people watching.
lifestyle.yahoo

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

great interview! thanks for sharing!

18-08-2011
windowshopping

I saw Last Night film well, last night and quite enjoyed it. Keria looked stunning in it! I seriously envy her wardrobe there, speaking of which - does anyone know who made the black dress she spends at least half of the film in? It's absolutely brilliant!

20-08-2011
fashion insider

This interview is super she is smart girl and she seems very down to earth

22-08-2011
front row

I love the new interview. She's pretty.

22-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4etozavsi4ko View Post
This interview is super she is smart girl and she seems very down to earth
You're right! she does seem very much down to earth,
which is what I love about her so much

22-08-2011
scenester

She has the perfect answer to each question. It could just be a lot of media training/years of handling the press but she just really knows how to not to say too much but still say enough for it to be an interesting read.

22-08-2011
V.I.P.

What a cute reaction to "sexting"; I love her more for not knowing the term. It is rather dumb anyhow. And the boyishness is charming.

22-08-2011
trendsetter

She is seasoned with the press, as I know it she didn't get much media training early on (I wasn't with the agency at the start of her career), but I can tell you from experience she's a very smart, very switched on, no bull**** kind of a girl. I like that about her and I think that has always come across in the press she does. I know people can think she's cold or bitchy or whatever but she's just guarded and it's refreshing to have an actress who's not immediately flashing her private life about and is focussed on talking about her work, which, she is so read up on and insightful about. When she does entertain the other subjects in interviews, like the ones above, I think you can really see what a clever, funny girl she is. I utterly adore her.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 22-08-2011 at 03:33 PM.

23-08-2011
V.I.P.

Two posters for A Dangerous Method:

impawards

23-08-2011
tfs star

Those posters...could be better. Particularly the first one. But it gets t he point across so I guess it's all good.

23-08-2011
tfs star

Prefer the first one. The second just looks a bit 'cut and paste'

23-08-2011
V.I.P.

I like her too much! I love her acting, even the fact that she is so reserved. She has also a very good sense of fashion, and she looks very down to earth as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, july, june, keira, knightley