How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-06-2012
V.I.P.

It looks okay, the trailer, but it's too long (as usual) and still slightly hokey imo. Nice looking costumes and sets, though. Thanks for posting!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

20-06-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

I love the trailer !! The sets and costumes look stunning and the cast couldn't be more perfect. It seems to be another Oscar worthy performance for Keira and maybe for Jude and Aaron as well. Also it makes me happy because I'm almost certain she'll get a Vogue cover for the film The train shot when she's in a red dress at the beginning of the trailer looks like a Vogue photograph on itself.
Really excited for the film

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 20-06-2012 at 04:05 PM.

20-06-2012
fashion insider

The poster is unexpected and I'm not sure on the trailer just yet. I think I need to watch it again.
Posted via Mobile Device

20-06-2012
barack and roll

I feel like you guys watched a different trailer- you get a touch of the experimental stuff at one point where a man opens doors to different weather, or when Jude is inside and yet it is snowing....anyway. I think this is going to be a huge year for Keira. Love her dress, love the poster, love the trailer!

20-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylenrose View Post
I feel like you guys watched a different trailer- you get a touch of the experimental stuff at one point where a man opens doors to different weather, or when Jude is inside and yet it is snowing....anyway. I think this is going to be a huge year for Keira. Love her dress, love the poster, love the trailer!
Well, I was referring to the art direction. I read somewhere that it was going to be minimal and was even likened to Dogville. Obviously that isn't the case.

20-06-2012
barack and roll

Yeah, see my understanding of it was that it was all done on one sound stage, versus many locations, and that is what makes it such a different adaptation. At any rate, Joe has my full trust with this and I'm just excited for promotion.

20-06-2012
V.I.P.

I guess that makes sense considering the set for the horse race scene seems terribly small.

20-06-2012
tfs star

See, I've never liked her as an actress. She's one of those people whose acclaim I just don't get, like Kristen Stewart. I'm sorry, I love her style, and I admire her confidence, but she has never cut it for me on the screen. I watched A Dangerous Method a few weeks ago, and I cringed all the way through her performance. I can always tell she's acting, and I just don't think you should see the effort behind the performance. It looks no different here. Of course, I will reserve judgment for when I see the whole film, but that trailer looks really over the top, almost Luhrmann-ish in a way, the poster is just... I don't like any of it.

20-06-2012
V.I.P.

Joe Wright has certainly done some lovely things on film; loved his adaptation of P&P, and Keira was outstanding in it - her best performance imo. So I still have hopes. I have a pet-peeve with trailers these days anyhow (they are all TOO LONG!) so maybe that skewed my perspective, or perhaps it was that poster! hee hee. Fingers crossed for Keira.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

20-06-2012
fashion icon

The movie poster for AK looks really cheesy. As for the trailer, it's definitely an improvement over the movie poster. It looks interesting, the way they set up the scenes and the story but I think it'll be hard to tell if it's any good until it's in theaters. I tend to like the films directed by Joe Wright so I'm hoping that this one is good too. Keira is totally his muse though, having acted in several of his films. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, it just is. And at least the costumes and sets for AK look good even if the rest of the film ends up being rubbish.

20-06-2012
V.I.P.

The trailer link won't work for me.
I've loved just about everything Joe and keira have done thus far though so remain hopeful.

21-06-2012
V.I.P.

dailymail.co.uk
[img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/th/arti7243.jpg[/img][img]http://i48.************/u/f48/11/78/63/65/th/arti7244.jpg[/img]

Working hard: Keira was pictured today leaving LAX after the Hollywood premiere of her latest film Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2014, january, june, keira, knightley