Kendall Jenner (January 2010 - May 2014) - Page 53 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-02-2014
trendsetter

She's in Paris, Kim and Kanye are close friends with Tisci - I wouldn't be surprised if we saw her at Givenchy.

27-02-2014
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwerld View Post
I'm going to straight up say she hadn't worked for it.

Though it's not the first time a famous name had spawned a modelling career. In the end, we can't control it or change things that have already happened, so there's no point worrying about it. It might even usher in a new trend of girls who look like her. You never know.

I'm supportive of any non-Kardashian endeavours Kendall is interested in. Haha.
im trying to say you dont know what she has or hasnt done, whether she has worked hard or not; either way we shouldnt be judging her as we dont actually know her ourselves. its obvious she can model, and good for her if her name can get her into her dream job. If i had the opportunity i would take it.

28-02-2014
V.I.P.

jenner-news.com

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

at the Louvre museum

dailymail.co.uk

Julia Restoin Roitfeld and Motilo host Paris Fashion Week dinner on February 28, 2014 in Paris, France.

zimbio.com

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

starstyle.com

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

spletnik.ru

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

I think her outfit with Topshop boots at the Louvre museum is great
Pretty simple, but she doesn't need more to look stylish.

02-03-2014
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieandmarie View Post
She's in Paris, Kim and Kanye are close friends with Tisci - I wouldn't be surprised if we saw her at Givenchy.

It seems like her career will be dependent on family friends-- Carine Roitfeld, Katie Grand/Marc Jacobs and now possibly Tisci. I think there is legitimate cause to say she would be just another fledgeling model were it not for her family's fame.

She's only done the Marc Jacobs show and the Giles show in London. Other designers don't seem to be clamoring to cast her.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

She's not the only model to benefit from familial ties with someone who can help their career, and she certainly will not be the last. Will it help? Perhaps or perhaps not, it all remains to be seen. If I was in her shoes, I certainly would not let the opportunities past me by, and would enjoy the heck out of it. I've had private conversations with people who are gleefully hoping she fails, just because of their perceived affront caused by her sister, Kim and the rest of her family. Someone, I might add, they don't personally know, which says more about them that it does her.

Anyway, she looks great in Paris. Specially love her suede boots and #786. I also believe this is her first trip to Paris. I'm beyond envious.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

Givenchy Fall/Winter 2014 Paris

style

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

And she was an exclusive of course!

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

omg she looks phenomenal!

02-03-2014
trendsetter

^^ So predictable. She stuck out to me so much, and not in a good way.

02-03-2014
V.I.P.

Wow, she looks seriously gorgeous in this shot. The runway lighting wasn't great.

instagram/patmcgrathreal

02-03-2014
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
She's not the only model to benefit from familial ties with someone who can help their career, and she certainly will not be the last. Will it help? Perhaps or perhaps not, it all remains to be seen. If I was in her shoes, I certainly would not let the opportunities past me by, and would enjoy the heck out of it. I've had private conversations with people who are gleefully hoping she fails, just because of their perceived affront caused by her sister, Kim and the rest of her family. Someone, I might add, they don't personally know, which says more about them that it does her.

Anyway, she looks great in Paris. Specially love her suede boots and #786. I also believe this is her first trip to Paris. I'm beyond envious.
Exactly. There is so much nepotism in the modelling world, it's just that Kendall is the most obvious and most transparent example. If she was just a random model with no connections, would she have booked Givenchy? Probably not. There's an instagram photo of her and Joan Smalls posing together, and from looking at it... well, it's pretty clear who is an actual model and who is not.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2014, january, jenner, kendall