How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-04-2011
tfs star

Kim Kardashian (March 2011 - June 2011)
Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
• Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
• Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
• Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
• Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
• To view previous thread, click here.

Thank you.
------------------------

I love Kim's figure actually. And her hair. Plus, the fact she isn't scared to show it off.
BUT..I do think she dresses poorly.

Imo, a golden rule is too not show too much cleavage, when you show a lot of leg/but.
And if you choose to show cleavage, it's the opposite, not showing too much leg/but will look better (in general). A good pair of jeans with a sexy top would do great. Or a skirt with a not-so-tight shirt. Whenever she does this, she looks great.

Her hair looks amazing, so I would be wearing it like her all the time too. I do like it though when she switches it up, since there are sooo many pictures taken of her and gets boring after a while. But I mean small changes; like wearing a loose ponytail instead of the 'styled backwards' one. Side parted hair instead of the daily mid-parted hair etc.

And I still think she should be restyled by Dita Von Teese. A woman that knows how to make a curvy body look attractive, but with a lot of class. No sleezy-ness, if you will.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 20-04-2011 at 04:07 PM.

20-04-2011
tailored

i don't want to get into a comparison thing, because this is kim's thread, but you can't compare those women to kim...
dita is dressing in a pin-up style that is rooted in vintage/40s/50s...
and halle berry doesn't have nearly the curves of kim...
salma hayek or sofia veraga (sp?) would be more along the lines of kim's body type, but as educo said, salma is older and a mother...

celebrity-paradise.com, kimkardashianfans, celebrity-paradise, tifan, celebrity-paradise, celebrity-gossip.net

going through the last thread (which was from february to now), here is a sampling of what kim wore...and yes there are some misses, but overall i think is showing off her body in a good way...

i think the comments around kim's style are based in who she is and how she became famous and not really around her style...

Last edited by kimair; 20-04-2011 at 03:25 PM.

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego View Post

This is so very degrading and reducing. What happened to "empowering women"?
It's her personal choice to dress how she wants and to portray that image. No one is degrading her. If you want to think of it that way, she is degrading herself (which I don't think she is nor do the people who think she is tacky try to degrade her?)She's an adult and that's the look and reaction she wants. People are clearly going to judge her for it either negatively or not. It's nothing to do with not 'empowering women' by saying she looks tacky or over-does her outfits. It's an opinion of her style choices.

Last edited by Lacroix; 20-04-2011 at 03:38 PM.

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

The girl has a big rear and bust, whatever dress she wears, its apt to show. All the above are perfect examples of her usual style, some of her choices are questionable and too short for my taste, but overall I don't see the big controversy. Then again Kim K. is the Antichrist, everything she does is bad.

20-04-2011
rising star

I have no vendetta against Kim. I got upset when I felt attacked. Im sorry.
I believe alot of what I said was out of anger an frustration.
Dego- you make a good argument. Im not gonna against what you say ever again. Lol
Things get fired up on TFS quick lol
I feel Kim could cover up more. I think she has the intention of being sexy but me and my old school southern ways wont allow it in my mind. I think it has something to do with my southern roots. We have full curvy women down here but they cover up cuz thats how we were raised. I guess its acceptable in LA. If I offended anyone Im sorry. But the way I was raised is the way I was raised to think. If anyone wants to start a thread where we can discuss how style rules are different depending on where your from. Id love love to join =)
Once again I'm sorry to everyone. I let my frustration take control of my actual intention.

20-04-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaCouture View Post

Imo, a golden rule is too not show too much cleavage, when you show a lot of leg/but.
And if you choose to show cleavage, it's the opposite, not showing too much leg/but will look better (in general). A good pair of jeans with a sexy top would do great. Or a skirt with a not-so-tight shirt.
Here we go again.. teach women to be sexy, but not too sexy, because that is too "slutty" or "cheap".

20-04-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
No one is degrading her.
So you don't think "Kim is just her butt, boobs and hair" is degrading and reducing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
It's nothing to do with not 'empowering women' by saying she looks tacky or over-does her outfits. It's an opinion of her style choices.
You've obviously missed part of the discussion. Please read the thread again. I wasn't the one who brought up "empowering women".

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

Alrighty then..I would like to see her closet. Khloe did a tour of hers (which you can see at thecoveteur.com) and I would love to see Kim's.

20-04-2011
rising star

Dego we understand your point. But what you need to understand it as a male you dont know what it like to be a woman and have a man "undress" you with his eyes. It doesnt make me insecure it makes me feel uncomfotable. It makes me feel like I just want to go over to him and kick him in his privates- thats empowering!!! Lol Im african american Nd I have a larger butt and boobs. I cant go to the supermarket in a tank top and a regular pair of jeans and not feel like Im being sexually harrased when a guy has a locked stare at my butt. So when I see kim showing her goodies I cant help but to think she is degrading herself. Sorry if you cant understand where I am coming from. So yes when Im in the office. I dont need to have my blouse buttoned down or my dress pants too tight. I dont want to the eye candy of my workplace. Its already 80% males anyways. The woman that I work with that wears her skirts to tight an her shirt buttoned down to low is sleeping with a manager. So is she not degrading the other 4 of us ladies who work with her even though she is the only one doing those things? Im ashamed to work with her the men where I work talk about her like she is TRASH.

20-04-2011
rising star

I wasn't refering to any of these outfits in #2. Yes I made a comment about that outfit made her look like she shoud be standing on a street corner and then someone made a comment on what was wrong with her dressing like that then it went on to this long debate that just keeps going and going.

This is a club outfit- not something you wear during the daytime to a pool party!! When I see a woman dressed like this in a daytime yes I would say she looks kinda slutty.
I don't care if it is Vegas its only the afternoon

source: thecelebrityreview.com

She should have worn something similar to this (but in color). It would have been more cute and stylish .Kim looks amazing without showing too much.

source: outfitidentifier.com

but this is a little too much.... she tends to dress this way just because its Vegas.

source: clevagealert.com

sorry but sometimes her style is not to far from snooki....
It has the same concept :short and tight dresses, alot of makeup, tan and alot of hair thats really long

source: shoppingblog.com

20-04-2011
tailored

birdistheword, i agree, the print dress is probably not what i would have chosen for a daytime pool party, even in vegas...
i might have gone with a nice print or softly colored maxi dress and some wedge sandals...

personally, i think kim has the perfect body to wear alaia (one of her best looks recently imo) and herve leger, but it needs to fit...
that gold dress does not fit in the bust area, but i recall the rest of it looked great on her...

like i said, i think she dresses wrong for the occasion/location, which is really what your stylist should be helping you do...
her dress for the kids choice awards was a nice enough dress, but not appropriate for the audience....
the print dress above is nice and she isn't showing a ton of cleavage, but it's too tight for a daytime event...
then sometimes at night she wears turtlenecks, long pants and vests...

the discussion about dressing sexy and it's connotations is for another thread, but i do think what dego is saying is true...
i've read many times in this thread that kim is all "butts, boobs, and hair," and that is degrading in that you're saying she isn't anything besides that...
and i think people's opinions of her gets mixed up in her style...
you already don't think much of her, so you aren't going to think much of her style...

20-04-2011
trendsetter

That print dress with the Charlotte Olympia shoes in a heinous mess.

Her in the little black romper <3 THAT is more like it. Also, the romper wouldn't make her *** look SO big, therefore it's a winner.

20-04-2011
rising star

I'm black and I have a big butt, big boobs, big lips so I've had the I'm all butt comments and what not thrown at me before. You think its degrading what I said but it is said about my race all the time. I don't take mind to it because I know I'm not doing anything to draw attention to it. When I said Kim is all boobs and butt I said that towards her because she obviously has it and obviously draws alot of attention to it- I think girls with bodies like Kim and I need to watch how we dress ourselves more carefully- we fill out outfits in different ways.

This is what the bodies of women in my family look like:

source:tmz.com
I'm around curvy women all the time who wear clothes that are too tight and too small for them. They have great curvy bodies as well.
But what they don't realize is when you already have larger assets- when you try to make them pronounce you actually make them look too big!!!

Kim is beautiful with a great body but she ruins alot of great outfits because of they way they fit her body. Girls like Kim and I can't wear everything cuz alot of things look slutty and sleazy on us

How we dress our bodies is part of our style!!

21-04-2011
V.I.P.

libabe09--Kim did a tour of her closet a while ago. I don't recall exactly when, I'm sure its in one of the archived threads. She sure has a lot of boots.

I'm sorry, but I don't think Serena Williams is curvy. She just has a huge rear and a toned body. Imo, she's built like a man. People overuse "curvy," like every woman that is not anorexic or has big breast is "curvy."

21-04-2011
rising star

She has alot of muscle so yes she is toned but the way her body is built - without the muscle she would have a curvy body. Mine isn't like hers. I have no muscle at all!!! Lol Serena does has a large rear but her hips are larger than her waist and she is not flat chested. So in terms of skinny vs curvy I would never put her in skinny but I see what you mean about the man body thing. Most athletic woman have the man body.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, june, kardashian, kim, march